Fallen Tree

Started by snoopdog, December 19, 2013, 12:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Lads had a tree blown over into the garden last night. Not a massive tree but big enough. Any idea if its worth much for fire wood.
Its a decent size. Neighbour offered to cut it up and take it away . remove remaining stump and mend fence for nothing. Just really wondering how much the timber is worth and is he giving me a good deal.
No interest in burning it myself.

Jeepers Creepers

What type of tree is it?

Tubberman

Quote from: snoopdog on December 19, 2013, 12:05:54 PM
Lads had a tree blown over into the garden last night. Not a massive tree but big enough. Any idea if its worth much for fire wood.
Its a decent size. Neighbour offered to cut it up and take it away . remove remaining stump and mend fence for nothing. Just really wondering how much the timber is worth and is he giving me a good deal.

If you have no interest in burning the wood, and he is going to clear it away and fix your fence for you, I'd let him at it.
He's not going to buying a new car with the profit.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

johnneycool

Quote from: snoopdog on December 19, 2013, 12:05:54 PM

£50 a tonne, that's what I was paying for trees.

There'd hardly be a tonne in it the way you're talking so he's hardly taking the hand out of you

snoopdog

Yah thats what i thought, Cheers

snoopdog

Jeepers Creepers

Let your neighbour whack away. If it was Pine, beech or ash and had alot of it, people in certain parts of Belfast are paying £5 upwards per bag (believe it or not). Creightons garage on Lisburn road is selling bags of logs for £6.50 odds. Yes you heard me.

Ulick

I'd normally offer to leave half the chopped logs in return for permission in taking a tree away.

johnneycool

Quote from: Ulick on December 19, 2013, 02:17:57 PM
I'd normally offer to leave half the chopped logs in return for permission in taking a tree away.

rung and split?

Under Lights

RIP to the fallen. Only 150 years old. Hardly knew tree thee  :'(

The Iceman

you're getting a good deal if he fixes the fence and removes the stump.
don't begrudge him hi.

for the amount of money he may or may not make on the wood he has to store and season it - he may burn it himself and save buying wood but he's doing you a good turn
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Under Lights

I actually think he'll screw you over here big lad. I predict that he will take the firewood now and say 'I'll fix that fence when the weather gets a bit better'. This time next year the fence still won't be sorted.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Under Lights on December 19, 2013, 06:31:06 PM
I actually think he'll screw you over here big lad. I predict that he will take the firewood now and say 'I'll fix that fence when the weather gets a bit better'. This time next year the fence still won't be sorted.

And maybe get a solicitors letter just in case.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Aaron Boone on December 19, 2013, 07:08:17 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on December 19, 2013, 06:31:06 PM

And maybe get a solicitors letter just in case.
Youse are some craic.

Ulick

Quote from: johnneycool on December 19, 2013, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: Ulick on December 19, 2013, 02:17:57 PM

rung and split?

Rung. No point splitting until seasoned.