NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 06, 2023, 04:04:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 06, 2023, 02:41:51 PM
Soft free is such a GAA concept.
Galway got a free yesterday, that wasn't a free to my eyes, a soft one that was tapped over the bar. Ref knew he made a mistake I'd say and gave everything to the Rossies after that, this craic of evening it all up will never change.
A lecture/advice from Niall Daly probably helped too ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armamike

Quote from: David McKeown on February 06, 2023, 03:49:39 PM
Quote from: naka on February 06, 2023, 03:40:57 PM
Quote from: square_ball on February 06, 2023, 03:32:38 PM
Are Armagh supporters still happy with the Ethan Rafferty experiment? Seems to mix the very good with the very bad.
its very risky  so its 50/50 at the moment
but tbf he is very safe under the high ball in which is a help
Should have conceded another gaol on sunday with a poor kickout but his strong running outfield definitely is an added atribute.
the summer will tell a tale as am sure better teams will target him out of his nets on a turnover

I wasnt happy with it initially but I think utilised correctly its fantastic.  I dont think the balls given away on kickouts are all his fault with Armagh's kickout strategy being sorely lacking when teams push up.  I think the goal chance Mayo squandered at the end was more a result of the fact that it was the end of the game and Armagh were desperately seeking an equaliser. As you say he was excellent under the high ball yesterday and really commanding of his area.  So I am happy to persist with it but I still think more work needs done on creating options and mismatches for him to exploit.

I don't think we've had a commanding full back for a while but in many ways he compensates that with his presence back there. He's fearless, coming for everything and generally taking the ball and the man with him.  He can and should be able to cut out some of the basic mistakes that are coughing up scores.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Main Street

At the end in Armagh it came down to the last 2 plays,  Cillian O'Connor having a brain fárt when hastily shooting wide from a difficult angle, he had a free player on the inside in a better position or could've done something else. In contrast Rian O'Neill kept his wits about him, took a chance selling the 'foul' to the ref, but it must have been in his head that the ref had been buying those all game.

joemamas

It was not Cillian O Connor, he passed the ball to Eoghan McLoughlin,
Who stupidly/ inexplicably hoofed it wide.
Cillian O Connor couldn't believe what he did, look at it again.

smort

Was just about to say it was EML, who actually had a similar rush of blood last week as well. CoC had his head in his hands. Was madness

trailer

Quote from: joemamas on February 06, 2023, 05:07:12 PM

Mayo players gonna do what Mayo players do.

Main Street

Quote from: joemamas on February 06, 2023, 05:07:12 PM
I will not look at it again, I believe you :)

Rossfan

Post by Syferus at 4.53 pm yesterday

Armagh doing Armagh things. How anyone convinced themselves they turned a leaf I will never know.

Commiserations to the anti-McStayites, thoug
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on February 06, 2023, 05:36:42 PM
Post by Syferus at 4.53 pm yesterday

Armagh doing Armagh things. How anyone convinced themselves they turned a leaf I will never know.

Commiserations to the anti-McStayites, thoug
:).

Last week against Monaghan we were 5 or 6 up seemed to be cruising and I said game is far from over, we nearly managed to throw it away, this week we were 5 down and looked dead and buried but obviously managed to get back. You'll definitely get full value for your ticket with this team! Good to see us getting 2 decent results when in other years we could habe very easily lost both tight games

Dubhaltach

While the Eoghan McLaughlin shot was pure madness, I'd be even more pissed off with how Mayo approached Rafferty's kick out on 67 minutes. Mayo were 5 points up, 3 minutes of normal time left and they push up on the kick out as if they were a point behind.

Armagh win the kick out, score from it and the come back basically begins from there.

There's times in games to sit back and there's times in games to push up, surely Mayo have been practicing scenarios like that in training. To not see out the win from that point was criminal at this level.

Tubberman

Quote from: Dubhaltach on February 06, 2023, 09:33:59 PM
While the Eoghan McLaughlin shot was pure madness, I'd be even more pissed off with how Mayo approached Rafferty's kick out on 67 minutes. Mayo were 5 points up, 3 minutes of normal time left and they push up on the kick out as if they were a point behind.

Armagh win the kick out, score from it and the come back basically begins from there.

There's times in games to sit back and there's times in games to push up, surely Mayo have been practicing scenarios like that in training. To not see out the win from that point was criminal at this level.

Ah I dunno about that. When you're ahead and you have the momentum, why start sitting back and hand the initiative to the opposition!?
Once Armagh got the momentum and the crowd behind them, it was one way traffic, aided by a ref who was as caught up in the occasion as the crowd
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Wildweasel74

Seen the free on Tg4 the night, not remotely a free., but how Mayo give up 5pts in 9mins is anyone's guess.

rodney trotter

It wasn't a free . O Neill clearly played for it,but took it well

armaghniac

Quote from: Tubberman on February 06, 2023, 09:43:32 PM
Quote from: Dubhaltach on February 06, 2023, 09:33:59 PM

Ah I dunno about that. When you're ahead and you have the momentum, why start sitting back and hand the initiative to the opposition!?
Once Armagh got the momentum and the crowd behind them, it was one way traffic, aided by a ref who was as caught up in the occasion as the crowd

A ref that tends to penalise contact will always favour the team on the front foot at that stage of the game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Has anyone yet suggested what Jemar Hall brings to the Armagh team?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians