Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogercasement

Hard to criticise a man who gives up so much time for his club, agree he can be hot headed but his passion can not be questioned.

imtommygunn

I changed my mind. I saw a Ferrari round the side of one of their houses the other day ;)

imtommygunn

That's an interesting one alright. Wonder will it do anything to break the dominance at all.

imtommygunn

;D

They are one of few teams I think we would have a shot at in the championship which I am not sure speaks volumes for at least current standing!

Calm Down

Unless Devlin is leaving with Cassidy then Cargin will continue business as usual, he is the real brains and drive behind that set up

imtommygunn

I think the guy on the down section makes lots of stuff up anyway so I wouldn't be so sure yet.

bannside

Was talking to Damien recently. He was good craic to be fair, he rates Ronan Devlin very highly indeed. A solution for every problem, breaking ball a speciality. Very well liked by the players too which is important too. Obviously a good synergy between them, so IF Damien is going anywhere, I'd be very surprised if Ronan isn't in his backroom team.

Having said that, if he wins another cship with Cargin why would he leave? Handy bonus every year with little travel and limited opposition.  Why would he trade that for the Down job? I'd be most surprised if there was any legs in this one!

rogercasement

Down have aspirations (rightly or wrongly) to be top dogs, it's in their nature and with all due respect to Damian et al, I don't think winning 3 Antrim championships would suddenly thrust you in to their thoughts. Could be wrong.

Calm Down

Any truth that Delargy has been successful in his appeal tonight, just heard it from a Cargin man

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: rogercasement on October 28, 2021, 08:31:44 PM
Down have aspirations (rightly or wrongly) to be top dogs, it's in their nature and with all due respect to Damian et al, I don't think winning 3 Antrim championships would suddenly thrust you in to their thoughts. Could be wrong.

Pretty sure Cargin wasnt his first gig....

I think, tho it was never fully proven, he used to post on here. Some the older guys might remember...

imtommygunn

Did he not manage Derry at one point or am I wrong? He definitely did the rounds in Tyrone for a long time.

Anyway I suspect there'll probably not be that much truth in it anyway.

bannside

Derry alright and club championships at Bellaghy Clonoe and Cargin. No shortage of silverware on the CV.

Calm Down

That was Barton who managed Doire not Cassidy

Calm Down

rogercasement

No he managed their seniors.