Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Terrible news about John McCaughan from Cushendun.

God rest him, a hardy tight fecker on the pitch and gentleman off it.

Life is to short lads, enjoy it.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 29, 2018, 10:25:40 PM

absolutely. RIP John.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 29, 2018, 10:25:40 PM

Yeah he was a lovely fella RIP
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Na Glinntí Glasa

any of use go to the Feis final yday? i was there for the camogie final but left after it.

seen the U16 mcmullan cup final before it tho. was a cracker of a game.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

McMullan Cup and senior Feis were both cracking matches. Any time you do a double on Loughgiel you are going well. Still don't think anyone will touch Dunloy come Championship.

paddyjohn

It'll take a very good team to beat Dunloy..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 16, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

Or their under21's! Going through the grades they are healthy, well done to all involved, doesn't happen by chance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2018, 04:40:30 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on July 16, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

Or their under21's! Going through the grades they are healthy, well done to all involved, doesn't happen by chance

Yip totally agree. Foundations were set in place when the new academy was built and its reaping it rewards now. Are they the benchmark for youth development over the last few years?

Na Glinntí Glasa

its a mixture of the academy, good coaches at underage level and luck as well that they have all developed along so well. A building wont make kids play well and develop them into senior hurlers, footballers and camogiers, its the coaches they have and the parents who invest all the time into them.

I was well impressed with the U16 final as a neutral. Loughgiel to their credit gave it everything considering that was their 3rd match that week and could of won it but for some seriously good defending by Cushendall. Didnt get to see all of it as i was on the second pitch with the girls but what i seen it was a great game for a neutral.
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

Anyone know when Championship match dates are being released

Jesusjones

I don't think Dunloys facilities have anything to do with it. They happened to have a lot of very talented players and excellent coaches. If the players don't have the natural talent and the coaches aren't up to scratch it wouldn't matter if they trained in an Olympic village.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 17, 2018, 04:10:00 PM
I don't think Dunloys facilities have anything to do with it. They happened to have a lot of very talented players and excellent coaches. If the players don't have the natural talent and the coaches aren't up to scratch it wouldn't matter if they trained in an Olympic village.

agree with this. The facility is wonderful and it gives us, and other clubs, the ability to train all year around. But its the coaches and the natural talent that gets them to that level in all 3 codes.
hurl like f**k boi!

pdiddy

I agree that you need 1) the right coaches, 2) the right type of player (with natural ability is a bonus)  but having 3) the facilities that Dunloy have make things so much easier. Full credit to them.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

SillyAsFaugh

Couldnt make it to Creggan on Wednesday night to watch Carey so went to the Armoy and Randalstown game.

Do referees under go fitness tests? Dont think I have seen worse...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on July 20, 2018, 01:57:27 PM
Couldnt make it to Creggan on Wednesday night to watch Carey so went to the Armoy and Randalstown game.

Do referees under go fitness tests? Dont think I have seen worse...
Be careful what you say. We know there is at least one very fit ref in Antrim.