Casting from Kodi / xmbc query

Started by StGallsGAA, June 03, 2015, 08:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

If anyone uses Kodi/xmbc to cast to chromecast, Roku  or Firestick are you able to cast live sports?   I can play the sports channels on the tablet but they won't cast to chromecast.  Movies etc cast fine. 

BenDover

Don't believe this is possible. Did a good bit of looking into this a while ago and it's quite a bit of week for the Kodi devs to implement casting

StGallsGAA

Cheers Ben.  Thought the Firestick might have been able to do it, but maybe not.

Boycey

I'm pretty sure the Firestick can, hope so anyways I'm awaiting delivery of one which was bought for that exact purpose..

JohnDenver

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 03, 2015, 09:29:42 PM
Cheers Ben.  Thought the Firestick might have been able to do it, but maybe not.

Don't know if you can cast as such to firestick from your tablet, but you can sideload Kodi / XBMC directly onto the firestick, and run directly from there.

Boycey

Quote from: JohnDenver on June 03, 2015, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 03, 2015, 09:29:42 PM

Don't know if you can cast as such to firestick from your tablet, but you can sideload Kodi / XBMC directly onto the firestick, and run directly from there.

That's what I meant too  ;D

nrico2006

How do you stream Kodi to chromecast?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

StGallsGAA

QuoteHow do you stream Kodi to chromecast?

http://youtu.be/3GdSsMmDCb8

Works a treat

laoislad

Just get a android TV box and feck all that casting nonsense.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Over the Bar

Must say casting can really get on the nads when it doesn't work.  What type of box do you recommend LL and does it give you a stable stream?

laoislad

There's loads out there.
Get something quad core and preloaded with Kodi already.
€100 should get you a decent one. Try eBay.

The one I have is only dual core and works a treat.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WeeDonns

May have mentioned this before, but this guy vdubt25 does good tutorials on different apps to install etc and is now also doing reviews on different boxes;
https://www.youtube.com/user/vdubt25

The Amiko A3 sounds great but a bit pricey compared to my £25 RPi

What boxes/devices are you guys all using? I have it on a samsung tablet, laptop & raspberry pi, but find it most reliable on the laptop. (sometimes have buffering/cache issues on the RP0

Boycey

Quote from: WeeDonns on June 08, 2015, 09:09:38 AM
May have mentioned this before, but this guy vdubt25 does good tutorials on different apps to install etc and is now also doing reviews on different boxes;
https://www.youtube.com/user/vdubt25

The Amiko A3 sounds great but a bit pricey compared to my £25 RPi

What boxes/devices are you guys all using? I have it on a samsung tablet, laptop & raspberry pi, but find it most reliable on the laptop. (sometimes have buffering/cache issues on the RP0

I currently have it on a laptop, where it works top class, waiting on delivery of a Firestick which I was attracted to because of cost (£25) and portability I'll report back on its success..

I followed that vdubt25 too when I was beginning, excellent easy to follow tutorials. A wee note of warning, his own Kodi addon is currently offline but I'm sure it'll be back before long. He's one of the best for sky/livesport

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 08, 2015, 08:49:34 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 06, 2015, 05:35:00 PM
QuoteHow do you stream Kodi to chromecast?

http://youtu.be/3GdSsMmDCb8

Works a treat

thanks also, but I've tried it a good few times and when I hit play I don't get the option to select an external source, it only plays internally

Maybe handy for people starting out using Kodi: download the TVMC app for Android ( tvaddons.ag ). It comes preloaded with the main zips like IceFilms & Genesis for movies. Saves a bit of hassle researching and individually loading the addons

Thanks.