Casting from Kodi / xmbc query

Started by StGallsGAA, June 03, 2015, 08:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

I also didnt have option to select an external source but the I downloaded the 3 files from the links in the video.  If you place the playercorefactory file in the correct place as per instruction the internal player is disabled and it allows you to select Allcast. 

JoG2

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 08, 2015, 12:58:32 PM
I also didnt have option to select an external source but the I downloaded the 3 files from the links in the video.  If you place the playercorefactory file in the correct place as per instruction the internal player is disabled and it allows you to select Allcast.

good man. Ive copied it into the userdata folder, but will give it another rattle tonight

Over the Bar

Also once you copy it across remember to delete the original as that can throw a spanner as well. 

JoG2

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 08, 2015, 02:27:16 PM
Also once you copy it across remember to delete the original as that can throw a spanner as well.

10-4 thanks

JoG2

Quote from: JoG2 on June 08, 2015, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 08, 2015, 02:27:16 PM

10-4 thanks

got her rockin last night OTB. Great job

Over the Bar

Good man.  Have you had any joy with casting Popcorn Time?  Can't get it to work.

JoG2

Just using Genesis which alot of folk online reckon is the best. It casts all tv shows and movies no bother

I downloaded TVMC app which has a load of addons pre loaded OTB. Saves a load of scurrying about for individual downloads . The xml file will need to be copy and pasted into the tvmc userdata folder. (I might be teaching you how to suck eggs there )

FL/MAYO

JoG2

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 10, 2015, 06:30:27 PM
Is the TV content Geoblocked?

Wouldnt think so, it's not subscription based or the like. I've watched a couple of The Americans and GOT on it these last 2 nights without any bother

FL/MAYO

Quote from: JoG2 on June 10, 2015, 08:23:20 PM

Wouldnt think so, it's not subscription based or the like. I've watched a couple of The Americans and GOT on it these last 2 nights without any bother

So if I set it up in the States I should be able to get RTE BBC etc. I might give it a try :)

JoG2

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 10, 2015, 09:10:47 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on June 10, 2015, 08:23:20 PM

So if I set it up in the States I should be able to get RTE BBC etc. I might give it a try :)

Oh aye. All the Sky sports Etc. Setanta Ireland is there as well for next year's league matches etc

Over the Bar

I got one of those android/xmbc/kodi TV boxes.  Great for movies & TV shows but the live streaming channels for the most part don't work coming up with error messages.  Any suggestions?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Boycey on June 03, 2015, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on June 03, 2015, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 03, 2015, 09:29:42 PM
Cheers Ben.  Thought the Firestick might have been able to do it, but maybe not.

Don't know if you can cast as such to firestick from your tablet, but you can sideload Kodi / XBMC directly onto the firestick, and run directly from there.

That's what I meant too  ;D

Did the Firestick method work to cast live TV?

Boycey

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 24, 2015, 11:25:56 PM
Cheers Ben.  Thought the Firestick might have been able to do it, but maybe not.

Don't know if you can cast as such to firestick from your tablet, but you can sideload Kodi / XBMC directly onto the firestick, and run directly from there.

It's not really casting as I've said above as you load Kodi onto the stick itself and plug it into the TV.. Once I mastered the sorcery of putting Kodi onto the stick it's the most incredible piece of kit I've ever used at the price it cost (£25). I've watched sky sports regularly on it and watched the U.S. Golf on an absolute cracking full HD Fox Sports stream a couple of times last weekend.

Very happy with it to date...

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Boycey on June 25, 2015, 12:00:57 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 24, 2015, 11:25:56 PM

It's not really casting as I've said above as you load Kodi onto the stick itself and plug it into the TV.. Once I mastered the sorcery of putting Kodi onto the stick it's the most incredible piece of kit I've ever used at the price it cost (£25). I've watched sky sports regularly on it and watched the U.S. Golf on an absolute cracking full HD Fox Sports stream a couple of times last weekend.

Very happy with it to date...

Thanks Boycey, looks like a great option. I see Amazon have removed Kodi form their app store due to piracy concerns. Can Kodi still be sideloaded onto the device?
https://torrentfreak.com/amazon-bans-kodi-app-over-piracy-concerns-150616/