Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaafan2

Clearly Carmen and clonoe played weakened teams due to the fact they had nothing to play for, which benefitted galbally and Aghyaran in their relegation battle. I think the league should be wrapped up before the championships played, at least then teams may think twice about throwing points. A draw against edendork today just about keeps us alive. Sludden black carding Kieran McGeary after 15mins was a game changer. We were leading by 5 up to that point and were dictating the game. All to play for against galbally in two weeks time with the loser being relegated.

Soviet Unionist

Or maybe teams want to give fringe players a chance.  For example long term injured players, young lads trying to break through.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Soviet Unionist on October 14, 2018, 06:11:01 PM
Or maybe teams want to give fringe players a chance.  For example long term injured players, young lads trying to break through.

Maybe but it doesn't change the fact there playing weakened teams to the benefit of a team in a relegation battle.

Soviet Unionist

Yeah commadante.  Has its disadvantages for yourselves.

Tyrone Gaa

What way does the league work on tied points? 4 team could potentially finish on 11 points, for that to happen Pomeroy would be automatically relegated beaten by Galbally, Edendork win and Aghyaran beat Moy. How is the relegation playoff determined of that happens?
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 14, 2018, 06:26:06 PM
What way does the league work on tied points? 4 team could potentially finish on 11 points, for that to happen Pomeroy would be automatically relegated beaten by Galbally, Edendork win and Aghyaran beat Moy. How is the relegation playoff determined of that happens?

Usually goes down to score difference if 3 or more are tied and if no games have been conceded. However as ardboe conceded to Galbally that will probably mean a play off or two before the actual playoffs. I think anyway.

stillsenior

Quote from: square_ball on October 14, 2018, 06:39:59 PM

Usually goes down to score difference if 3 or more are tied and if no games have been conceded. However as ardboe conceded to Galbally that will probably mean a play off or two before the actual playoffs. I think anyway.

Its head to head result first and then score difference

Club boi

Quote from: Localexpert on October 14, 2018, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: Club boi on October 14, 2018, 11:33:21 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 12, 2018, 07:34:16 PM
Quote from: Club boi on October 12, 2018, 05:30:21 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 12, 2018, 04:58:25 PM
Quote from: Club boi on October 12, 2018, 04:47:41 PM
Quote from: Club boi on October 07, 2018, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 06, 2018, 08:06:04 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 06, 2018, 07:50:03 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 06, 2018, 07:06:12 PM
We absolutely got out of jail today but it was the ultimate banana skin after the big wins over the last two weekends.  Thankfully in this instance you can count on the Stoop Down Low Players to bend the knee when it comes to the heat of battle.
Makes a change from your lads lying down in the big games I suppose

3rd final this decade would make any club supporter happy.  You seem to have something against us why is that?  Is it because we knocked you out and you're paying your manager a fortune?

Ah good on you to bring it up, considering you couldnt for the past number of years, paying 3 men inside the wire, plus others, including a video analysist. Sure isnt that the reason a very well decorated member of playing staff "dissapeared" for a while there but now back helping out the locals

Dont bite KYMI, sure he ignored my post when he was trying to goad Edendork on paying their manager as if Coalisland were innocent

Must have missed it.  2.5 years paying expenses a bit different than paying ca$hidy a small fortune for 7/8 years dont you think?

"Expenses" lol - laughable. I have it on good authority your 3 were on alot more than Cassidy ever was. And I aint a Clonoe man, but Cassidy brought 2 Championships to Clonoe, what did your 3 bring?? Apart from near relegation this year before roaded. I would say alot of Coalisland folk wouldve bitten your arm off to pay a man and get success your neighbours did

But glad you agreed with my the point as you never brought it up for those 2.5 years

Firstly I did bring it up 2 years ago after we beat ca$hidy in the championship again so you need to look harder.  And he was manager for 8 years he'd have needed to have won a few championships at the rate he was getting.  In the time ca$hidy was manager he won 1 more championship than us and we won 3 out of 3 championship matches against them so no I wouldn't have wanted to pay a complete fortune for that success i'd much rather have had my own men at the helm in 2010 and won and have the same chance this year because we'd be level and 2010+2018 would cost us nothing.

And before you be an apologist for clonoe in your next message about league wins I've stated on here before I don't care one bit about winning a league title because by the time it's played in November/December after a semi final it's a complete shambles.

So saying you lose next Sunday (which I dont think you will, I believe you have the better all round team and have alot to prove after your poor start) are you measuring your success just on beating your rivals 3 times??

And genuine question here, were Clonoe the 1st team to pay an outside manager?? Cause now pretty much everyone is

And check my previous posts, I argued with a few that nobody serious enough cares about a league title, so as much as it pains me to say, we agree on something lol

Good of TinTown to join, considering Gary Coleman doesnt come cheap only to bow out heavily

No i was using that fact because you were saying how much success clonoe had paying ca$hidy when we can match it next weekend paying little to nothing.

And on the paying of managers he definitely wasn't the first because a few years before ca$hidy arrived Dom Corrigan won a championship with carrickmore and he wasn't coming up for tae and hang sandwiches after training. 

Good to see we have found some common ground  8)

So, say in Division 1 only, in the last 10 years, with multiple winners, whats the ratio of paid managers V's own club managers?? I aint saying thats the reasons for success, more "As nearly everyone else was doing it brigade"

Top of my head was Coalisland and then Trillick the only 2 with home managers??

square_ball

Quote from: stillsenior on October 14, 2018, 07:16:08 PM

That was just in the scenario about if 4 teams are tied on 11 points. Doesn't come down to head to head and because I think the official result of Galbally and Ardboe was a concession then points difference is out the window too.

BIGONE

Never thought I'd see the day Carmen and clonoe would be handing out points. Pathetic. Two clubs with 'so much tradition'! Some craic at the bottom of the table now all the same!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: square_ball on October 14, 2018, 07:36:44 PM
Quote from: stillsenior on October 14, 2018, 07:16:08 PM

That was just in the scenario about if 4 teams are tied on 11 points. Doesn't come down to head to head and because I think the official result of Galbally and Ardboe was a concession then points difference is out the window too.

If two teams are tied its head to head.

If 3 or more it's scoring difference. However if Galbally is involved in this scenario scoring difference is null and void and a series of play offs will occur to see who's in the play offs!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Jim Bob

Quote from: Localexpert on October 14, 2018, 04:52:58 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 14, 2018, 12:21:47 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 13, 2018, 10:46:23 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 13, 2018, 10:27:49 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 13, 2018, 10:08:31 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 13, 2018, 03:42:07 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 13, 2018, 01:39:38 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 13, 2018, 07:31:16 AM
Was hoping LocalSlabberexpert would have answered. He/she/it seems to know everything

The rumour was £20k in 2008 so let's call it 10k for arguments sake.  Multiply that by 8 years is quite a bit of money.  However clonoe have quite a few backers with one in particular being very generous.

Rumour eh? So you know bog all...quit slabbering

Well without seeing the transaction nobody would know but he certainly wasn't doing it for nothing.  Your obsession with my posts are hilarious  ;D

Not obsessed naw. But you find it hilarious?????  Are you actually screaming with laughter?

I think you are projecting your anger with south Tyrone Gael onto me.  Better get to a real professional for some help ;)

The pair of youse are so easy to wind up LMAO

LMAO did the students teach you that?

You're the one biting at everything I write.  You make the assumption every time I'm slagging a certain club about a presumed relationship with your political party but I never mentioned them once  ;D

Mentioned who?

on the sideline

Why no extra time in the Eskra Kileeshil promotion play off game today?  Every other play off game I've seen over the last 10 years or so that has finished level at the end of normal time has went to extra time.

Nearlythere

Quote from: BIGONE on October 14, 2018, 07:53:20 PM
Never thought I'd see the day Carmen and clonoe would be handing out points. Pathetic. Two clubs with 'so much tradition'! Some craic at the bottom of the table now all the same!

The carmen game wasn't thrown. Penrose didnt play for them but that was understandable. Anyone at the game woulda knew Carmen where most definitely not handing points. The fact they had two men sent off shows they werent laying down. Was poor conditions and the goals made the difference.