damien barton new burren manager? will he bring the success of old??

Started by kinghen, January 02, 2008, 05:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenullinabu

Quote from: orangeman on February 01, 2008, 10:21:41 PM
I honestly don't think that these top coaches like Barton are in it for the money

cant agree on either of your points:-
1 he is certainly not a top coach - hes been about but that doesnt make him a good one;
2 not in it for the money?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

orangeman

He's been a great servant to Derry and has been with a lot of the big clubs - and I certainly don't think Burren would have settled for anything bar a top coach -

Are you trying to say he's in it for the money ? Money wouldn't pay you for what these great men do !

glenullinabu

Quote from: orangeman on February 01, 2008, 10:30:47 PM
He's been a great servant to Derry and has been with a lot of the big clubs - and I certainly don't think Burren would have settled for anything bar a top coach -

Are you trying to say he's in it for the money ? Money wouldn't pay you for what these great men do !

i think either you haven' ::)t a clue or (more likely) have just given away your identity

orangeman

Lads  - seriously - I know there might be one or two mercenaries out there, but would you REALLY drive form Moneymore to Burren 3/4 times a week just for the expenses ? Surely it's the draw of a big team and the chance of success ?

glenullinabu

Quote from: orangeman on February 01, 2008, 10:39:25 PM
would you REALLY drive form Moneymore to Burren 3/4 times a week just for the expenses ? Surely it's the draw of a big team and the chance of success ?

orangeman im wetting myself here - this sort of humour is meant for the big stage ;D ;D ;D

orangeman

glenullinabu

Quote from: orangeman on February 01, 2008, 10:46:52 PM
I was wondering how long it would take you to catch on !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

you wanna watch - gerry donnelly will be stealing your material ;)

spiritof91and94

It seems that mccusker isnt with Barton but Stephen Poacher (a teacher in St Columbans Kilkeel, won u16 all ireland last year) is in the max.

orangeman

gaagaa

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: gaagaa on February 04, 2008, 10:31:08 AM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 29, 2008, 09:21:28 AM
On the Barton thing, the one thing that he has never done is to have taken a team backwards.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Elabourate please......last season Loup played poorly in the c'ship against Dungiven...Johnny Mc Bride, Fintan Devlin and another WHF(his name I cant remember) were all missing....a massive gap...they dont have any players to replace them expalining why mentally they were gone before the game even started. Loup finished in the top four to copperfasten their position in this years c'ship draw.

orangeman

Donaghmore are now in the top 4 in Tyrone having beaten Errrigal Ciaran this year. They got to the top 4 last year - so they have been improved as a team / club after Barton's contributions.

goldenyears

saffron sam2

Quote from: goldenyears on February 06, 2008, 05:03:55 PM
barton, poucher (trainer) and gerard murdock (selector)

Will there be enough room in the changing rooms for those two egos? (Barton and Pooch)
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet