TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: smelmoth on September 03, 2023, 03:03:23 PM
He might was well enjoy the next half. It will be his last for a very long while.

There is plenty of opportunity for that type of thing. A good long ban is deserved but should also act as a deterrent

One game ban for Glynn  ???

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

twohands!!!

Quote from: tyrone86 on September 06, 2023, 04:20:47 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2023, 10:57:53 AM
It's still a money gouge. Last year Tyrone literally denied free coverage to TG4 to maximise income (£16 to attend or the same price to watch on Tyrone TV I think). The same type of boys (the length & breadth of Ireland) will be crying looking volunteers in the next breath. 
How much did people have to shell out to attend the games before streaming was widely available?

The bit that people forget about the Tyrone model and the lack of a streaming season pass is that all adult championship games, at all levels, are shown, unlike other counties that cherry-pick which games get the streaming treatment. The first round of the Tyrone JFC this weekend won't turn a profit on any of the games, but they're all available live and the associated production costs for each of them will be the same as for Errigal Ciaran v Killyclogher in a fortnight, which will make money. The rates TG4 offer are a fraction of what a big Tyrone game might pull in, but there are plenty of counties that haven't as strong a streaming audience are glad to get the rates.

I read/heard somewhere a few months back that TG4 had upped what they were paying for the rights to matches because of the competition from streaming after COVID.

That's a good point about all the games being available not just cherrypicking some.
Is there any other county offering that level of coverage?

bennydorano

Cherrypicking (done well) is a better option overall imo. A lot of the Tyrone Junior matches recently were Turkey shoots and that is repeated throughout the 32 counties. The streaming figures were no doubt abysmal, the other bigger games will pick up some of the overall slack but is it a goer in the long run? -  It is a  sustainable model if your aim is to provide a great service to your county and aren't really worried about costs nor interested in generating a profit, but that doesn't sound like any GAA county board that I know of.

They are all great services btw.

GAABoardMod5

Anyone use Clubber.ie?

Apparently contracted in a fair few counties...Louth, Longford, Tipp, Waterford, Kerry to name some.

LeoMc

Quote from: bennydorano on September 12, 2023, 01:20:07 PM
Cherrypicking (done well) is a better option overall imo. A lot of the Tyrone Junior matches recently were Turkey shoots and that is repeated throughout the 32 counties. The streaming figures were no doubt abysmal, the other bigger games will pick up some of the overall slack but is it a goer in the long run? -  It is a  sustainable model if your aim is to provide a great service to your county and aren't really worried about costs nor interested in generating a profit, but that doesn't sound like any GAA county board that I know of.

They are all great services btw.
Swings and roundabouts.
Tyrone would take a hit on a fair few games but would come out with a profit overall due to the higher per game cost.

The choice is cherry pick your games and turn a smaller profit on them all or show them all and provide a service to the Urney & Castlederg supporters, not just the Carrickmore and Dromores.

ClubScene13

Sunday 2:15pm
Dingle v Dr Crokes
Kerry County Football Championship Group Stage Round 1

Sunday 4pm
Sarsfields v Blackrock
Cork Hurling Championship Quarter Final

clarshack

Quote from: ClubScene13 on September 13, 2023, 11:58:22 AM
Sunday 2:15pm
Dingle v Dr Crokes
Kerry County Football Championship Group Stage Round 1

Sunday 4pm
Sarsfields v Blackrock
Cork Hurling Championship Quarter Final

Dingle won the Kerry Senior Club Championship last weekend so if a District team like East Kerry were to win the Senior County Championship again then Dingle would represent Kerry in the Munster Senior Championship.

drici

Malwarebytes have lifted the blockade on the Board this morning.

Dia Domhnaigh  24 - 09 - 2023

Tullamore v Ferbane  beo
2-15pm

Clonlara v Inis Éire Óg    beo
4-15pm

Wildweasel74

Is the crowd on the camera side here, at this Dublin quarter final. That couldn't be all the crowd on the other side.

Rossfan

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 23, 2023, 04:47:50 PMIs the crowd on the camera side here, at this Dublin quarter final. That couldn't be all the crowd on the other side.

Don't you know there's Rogger on!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eire90

why is goalkeeper not allowed to save ball with feet that is a ridiculous rule.The goalkeeper was not even near the player either in this case i think foot block rule should not apply within that rectangle.

Wildweasel74

Some water on that pitch in areas, in that Clare club hurling game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on September 23, 2023, 07:49:25 PMwhy is goalkeeper not allowed to save ball with feet that is a ridiculous rule.The goalkeeper was not even near the player either in this case i think foot block rule should not apply within that rectangle.

Is it a foul on any other part of the pitch? If you're saying yes then it's a penalty.. haven't seen this particular one but for me as a ref, if there is clear gap between saving with his feet and no follow through contact, then no foul.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: Eire90 on September 23, 2023, 07:49:25 PMwhy is goalkeeper not allowed to save ball with feet that is a ridiculous rule.The goalkeeper was not even near the player either in this case i think foot block rule should not apply within that rectangle.

Are you sure he can't save it with his foot? I thought it was only if he came out and blocked the kick with his foot that it was a foul?

imtommygunn

More RTE but the Michael Dara McAuley interview on RTE was hilarious where he just ripped the piss out of Johnny Cooper and Diarmuid Connolly.