Mayo V Sligo - Connaught senior final - July 15th

Started by sligoman2, June 25, 2012, 12:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 26, 2012, 03:50:39 PM
Quote from: Mano on June 26, 2012, 03:45:14 PM
'Negotiations' is  one word for alright, I'd have another word for it

The colour of Sligo's jersey coupled with how the yanks refer to their post?

Let me see now......Sligo jersey..... White .. something. Parcel maybe ??????...... I give up. What is it?

Mano

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2012, 04:03:14 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on June 26, 2012, 03:50:39 PM
Quote from: Mano on June 26, 2012, 03:45:14 PM
'Negotiations' is  one word for alright, I'd have another word for it

The colour of Sligo's jersey coupled with how the yanks refer to their post?

Let me see now......Sligo jersey..... White .. something. Parcel maybe ??????...... I give up. What is it?
That latest offering from Moysider shows exactly what we are dealing with here Seanie

Farrandeelin

I think it's time for Sligo to upgrade their ground. That'd put an end to a lot of the shite spoken on here since Sligo beat Galway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2012, 04:13:45 PM
I think it's time for Sligo to upgrade their ground. That'd put an end to a lot of the shite spoken on here since Sligo beat Galway.

Perhaps it's time for Sligoman2 to realise it's the CONNACHT Final.
I know ye were a garrison town , with a Senior Soccer club to prove it , but ye can leave of the old Anglicised spelling of our lovely little Province.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cosmo Kramer

Today's Connacht Council statement was very vague, banging on about clarifying stadium capacities. Decision on Thursday. Anywhere but Salthill will do for me. But if all was well at the Hyde we'd have had a decision last night, so something's up.

Sligo lads need a reality check too though. Sligo County Board won't be whiteparcelled into anything here. It will only go to Castlebar if the price is right and they're happy to do so. If not, it'll be someplace else.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

sligoman2

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2012, 04:56:45 PM

I know ye were a garrison town , with a Senior Soccer club to prove it , but ye can leave of the old Anglicised spelling of our lovely little Province.

I'm more concerned with where we play it than how you spell it.

Moysider, how could we be convinced were going to win this ffs.  We've won 3 in 120 years and we're playing the current champs and div1 finalists who racked up 4-20 on sunday.  Now some of the whinging supporters want an even bigger advantage.

I dunno lads, ye're a funny bunch.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

moysider

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 26, 2012, 06:58:09 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2012, 04:56:45 PM

I'm more concerned with where we play it than how you spell it.

Moysider, how could we be convinced were going to win this ffs.  We've won 3 in 120 years and we're playing the current champs and div1 finalists who racked up 4-20 on sunday.  Now some of the whinging supporters want an even bigger advantage.

I dunno lads, ye're a funny bunch.

Glad we amuse you. You re the one that used the word convinced - not me. I merely said that Sligo folk are expecting to win this one. Are you telling me that you are expecting to be beaten?

criostlinn

Its time this was sorted once and for all.

Why not just make McHale park the provincial ground. Like Croke Park in Leinster. It seems to work fine over there.
After all McHale park is the biggest all seater stadium outside Dublin. It should be used more often.

As long as we dont have to go to that hell hole in Roscommon town. Between the traffic, that gobshite ming roaring at ya with a megaphone on the way in and then standing under a bus shelter in the pissings of rain to watch the match. My god I hate that ground. How much friggin money have they spent on that hole. Constantly going around with buckets to collect for ground development and yet when it comes down to it they cannot stage a connacht final.

Farrandeelin

Where would Sligo posters rather the game be played? Not that I give two f**ks about what the average Sligo Joe Soap thinks, just that if Hyde Park is out of the equation why on Earth would they want to go to Salthill?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2012, 08:55:43 PM
Where would Sligo posters rather the game be played? Not that I give two f**ks about what the average Sligo Joe Soap thinks, just that if Hyde Park is out of the equation why on Earth would they want to go to Salthill?
Because Sligo won their last game in Salthill? When Pearse stadium was redeveloped the original idea was to have all Connacht finals there, shame they didn't spend the money on Tuam stadium instead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

criostlinn

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2012, 09:07:00 PM

Because Sligo won their last game in Salthill? When Pearse stadium was redeveloped the original idea was to have all Connacht finals there, shame they didn't spend the money on Tuam stadium instead.

No it wasnt. Hyde park was the ground selected for all Connacht Finals. After receiving a pile of money from the Connacht Council they made a hames of doing the place up. Mayo and Galway just continued on with swapping the fixtures and left them to it

Syferus

Actually what happened was the Mayo board got more than a little spiteful about the idea of the beautiful, wonderful Hyde hosting all Connacht finals and ran up huge debts making McHale Park the whitest of white elephants west of the Shannon.

No offense, like  ;)

Blowitupref

Quote from: criostlinn on June 26, 2012, 09:11:50 PM

No it wasnt. Hyde park was the ground selected for all Connacht Finals. After receiving a pile of money from the Connacht Council they made a hames of doing the place up. Mayo and Galway just continued on with swapping the fixtures and left them to it

Yes it was 20 years ago but since then Pearse stadium was earmarked for finals Mayo didn't want that & spent a load of cash to redevelop Mchale park money they didn't have.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

criostlinn

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2012, 09:16:54 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on June 26, 2012, 09:11:50 PM

Yes it was 20 years ago but since then Pearse stadium was earmarked for finals Mayo didn't want that & spent a load of cash to redevelop Mchale park money they didn't have.

The only finals Pearse Park was ever earmarked for was ones which involved Galway. To take them away from Tuam. That was it. Mayo and Galway have an agreement for every second fixture which includes finals. Despite the Connacht Council plans re: hyde park this agreement was never affected. The McHale park development had nothing to do with this and anyone saying different is only making it up.

Syferus

It's common knowledge the Mayo county board fast-tracked rebuilding and expansion of McHale Park to nix the plan to make the Hyde the home for all Connacht finals.