The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDooperCooper

is the Lord about to leave (fingers crossed & toes crossed)
=======================================
Cisse on verge of Marseille deal 
By Paul Fletcher 

Cisse spent last season on loan at Marseille
Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse is set to sign a permanent deal with Marseille despite a late approach from West Ham.

Bolton and Portsmouth were also interested in signing the 25-year-old, who cost Liverpool £14m in July 2004.

But Cisse, who spent last season on loan at Marseille, is keen to join the French club on a permanent basis.

"Marseille is definitely the choice for Djibril," Cisse's agent Ranko Stojic told BBC Sport. "I think the deal will happen on Friday or Saturday."

There are some details to sort out between Liverpool and Marseille but I think it will happen soon

Djibril Cisse's agent Ranko Stojic

Stojic added: "I have been very busy this week - I caught six planes in two days - and I am sorry for the people I have not had the chance to call back, Mr Eggert Magnusson of West Ham for example."

Magnusson, who was thwarted in his attempt to sign Darren Bent from Charlton, tried to contact Stojic earlier in the week - but Cisse had already opted to join Marseille permanently.

"The Marseille option is the best choice for Djibril because of the Champions League," said Stojic.

"West Ham, Bolton and Portsmouth I understand are very, very good clubs but Djibril wants to play in the top level of European competition next season."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez made it clear that Cisse would only be allowed to leave Anfield on a permanent basis.

"Mr Benitez has been very, very correct," added Stojic.

606: DEBATE
Give your reaction to this news 

"Of course he tried to get a little bit more money for his club but I think it will be a good deal for everybody.

"There are some details to sort out between Liverpool and Marseille but I think it will happen soon."

Marseille started their pre-season training on 25 June and the player is keen to sort out his future as soon as possible so he can join his new team-mates.

Cisse, who has two years left on his deal at Liverpool, has broken his leg twice in the last three years, first in 2004 and then in a friendly for France against China last year just before the World Cup in Germany.

And after suffering such serious injuries, Stojic stated: "He is so motivated after all the problems he has had."

Uladh

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 29, 2007, 08:58:11 AM
Uladh, if Manure had him you would be saying he was the best finisher since Denis Law :P

Certainly not. he's a quality player but not an out and out finisher. also, he's overpriced at £27m, but every player the top 4 buy is overpriced these days... except mascherano.

The Real Laoislad

It's still less than United payed for that donkey Ferdinand
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Uladh

Its the same actually.

and he's not bought.... yet

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Uladh on June 29, 2007, 07:03:10 PM

Its the same actually.

Maybe not but Ferdinand is still a Donkey :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Balboa

Everyone is overpriced now, Bent (£16.5 million, has the world gone f**king mad?) You have to pay top money for a striker, Hargreaves and Carrick (combined £35 mill) are attempting to set a world record for the most sideways passes in the upcoming season........

Uladh

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 29, 2007, 07:50:19 PM

he wouldn't get on the liverpool team obviously?

Balboa

Quote from: Uladh on June 30, 2007, 10:36:20 AM

he wouldn't get on the liverpool team obviously?

Well i wouldnt play him ahead of Carragher and it would be a toss up between Agger & Daffy Duck,he is a defender that wants to be a midfielder that is more interested in looking good than defending......

Uladh

Quote from: Balboa on June 30, 2007, 10:43:04 AM
it would be a toss up between Agger & Daffy Duck

Speaks volumes about you.

Balboa

new devil

Quote from: Uladh on June 29, 2007, 07:03:10 PM

Its the same actually.

Is that why he was on the team of the year ???  ::)

The Real Laoislad

According to reports in todays newspapers(so don't shoot the messenger) Gabriel Heinze could be on the verge of a shock move to Liverpool :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Was hoping to see Torres at the Emirates so well done on that. El Niño is a talented lad though I'm not convinced Benitez will get the best out of him. Out of interest, in 2004, Reyes said:

Quote"I've spoken to Wenger about bringing in Torres this year. He's Spain's best young player and he's set to become on of the best in the world in the next few years. We can't allow another team, Man U for example, to get to him first

Fernando Torres is a world class player. His ability to use his gifts to maximum effect is incredible. He's fast, he's got fantastic touch, skill and an intelligence that makes him stand out from other great players."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Ferdinand would start for Liverpool no problem, I do think he is a bit over rated but he is still a class act and if he concentrates he usually plays as well for United as Carragher does for Liverpool.

I am happy about Torres (I know it is not official) but we are defientely paying well over the odds, Baluge says he will need a season to adapt but for that money the Liverpool fans will be expecting immediate results which probably won't happen.

A couple more youngsters signed yesterday which will surely please Rafa.

brokencrossbar1

I posted a few months back that I thought Hinze would be a good buy for Liverpool.  With a derth of good left sided defenders, Heinze was as good as there is out there.  He had a poor season last year but form is temporary as they say, and I think he would be ideal as either an orthodox left back or the left side of a back 3.

Looking forward to seeing Torres playing and Garcia not playing ;D