Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

Sorry "johnneycool" tried sending you a PM but unfortunately I don't think it worked. ???

themanwhowasntthere

Quote from: milltown row on November 24, 2008, 08:14:33 PM

i wonder would he share his joke with us?

Captions please

"And finally, I'd like to present you with this player of the year award, which has been kindly sponsored by our good friends, www.gaaboard.com"

Minder

I see Dinny " I have a terrible migraine" Cahill is the new Graigue Ballycallan manager in Kilkenny.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

i heard a story that Gorts are now playing their quarter final at Casement on the 20th of December, maybe the Irish lads in London lookinhg to come home for Christmas play the match and be done with it till feb. Can the Gorts MrT let us know

davincicode

I had seen from the county website no so long ago that they have not been able to fill the post of Minor Hurling managers, was shocked to hear last night that interviews had taken place and these people where told that "There was no money available for the team", two lads in particular wanted to take the minors on the road in 2009 with the seniors and play games while the county where playing the next day, or that morning before the seniors, and they where told in no uncertain terms that this was impossible! Now MR, Minder and Skull that would never happen in the capital city! Its a disgrace, it seems like the Doc just wants his C of Excellence no-matter what the cost.............

NAG

when was the last time that there was any significant investment in the minor setup?

I would say it was when S&W were involved is that just coincidence?

davincicode

Quote from: the colonel on December 03, 2008, 04:03:56 PM
i think that last years minor hurlers and footballers were the best kitted out team minor team i have ever seen. but im not sure about the rest. i think they did go on a few trips also.

davinci, im not saying your lying, but how sure that this is correct? i was speaking to someone who was involved with last yrs minor set up at the weekend and he told me there would be no discussions for a while as there was no rush because they cant train til march anyway

100% Colonel, anything else you hear is BS*** or Spin!

davincicode

Quote from: the colonel on December 03, 2008, 04:19:29 PM
im still not sure davinci, i'll tend to believe my man over yours. who was going for the post? i heard tommy lismore was going forward, also heard micky wing.

100% Colonel, this guy lismore went in with a guy called gavin duffy, interviews over these guys walked away! Whoever they are, don,t know them just names to me!

milltown row

Quote from: davincicode on December 03, 2008, 03:46:33 PM
I had seen from the county website no so long ago that they have not been able to fill the post of Minor Hurling managers, was shocked to hear last night that interviews had taken place and these people where told that "There was no money available for the team", two lads in particular wanted to take the minors on the road in 2009 with the seniors and play games while the county where playing the next day, or that morning before the seniors, and they where told in no uncertain terms that this was impossible! Now MR, Minder and Skull that would never happen in the capital city! Its a disgrace, it seems like the Doc just wants his C of Excellence no-matter what the cost.............

sure they are only minors, when i was a minor we trained at the bottom of the falls park!!!! no buses to take ya home from Dunloy, check points from our friends the UDR outside the village holding ya for two hours. near 12 before we got home and not a tracksuit in sight. did we mind????? not a jot kids nowdays need to be kept in cotton wool.

Minder

I see the Johnnies were getting stocked up for Christmas.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7763845.stm

Gang rob delivery men at gunpoint 

Two delivery men have been robbed at gunpoint in GAA club grounds in west Belfast.

The men were on the Falls Road shortly after 1200 GMT on Wednesday when they were approached by two men armed with a handgun and a knife.

The driver was forced to take a lorry to the GAA club grounds on the Whiterock Road where four other men were waiting.

There he was forced to help them unload alcohol into two waiting vehicles.

The gang then made their escape, leaving the two delivery men in the grounds of the GAA club.

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on December 03, 2008, 10:36:10 PM
I see the Johnnies were getting stocked up for Christmas.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7763845.stm

Gang rob delivery men at gunpoint 

Two delivery men have been robbed at gunpoint in GAA club grounds in west Belfast.

The men were on the Falls Road shortly after 1200 GMT on Wednesday when they were approached by two men armed with a handgun and a knife.

The driver was forced to take a lorry to the GAA club grounds on the Whiterock Road where four other men were waiting.

There he was forced to help them unload alcohol into two waiting vehicles.

The gang then made their escape, leaving the two delivery men in the grounds of the GAA club. with no gear and no hurls!!! they managed to find some baseball bats and played rounders till the PSNI came and they all headed to Casement and found the robbers working behind the bar ;)

aontroim

Minder - can you confirm Glenariffe have been training for the last couple of months? The brother was telling me he was chatting to one of their players - i presume they are out to do a Ballycran in next years Div 2??  Hard to keep that commitment going if that's true.

PlayWithTheWind

Antrim Senior Hurling

After the two trial matches in November, the following players have been selected to play in a third match in early January

Rudi Graham, Kevin Sheerin Tir na nOg
Fintan Gamble St Pauls
John Dillon Armoy
Liam Cassley All Saints
Liam Kearns St Brigids
Jim Mc Kernan Sarsfields
Martin Ward Desy Mc Lean, Sean Hall Gort na Mona
Christy Tumelty Lamh Dhearg
Michael Hasson St Mary's
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Minder

Quote from: aontroim on December 07, 2008, 02:28:44 PM
Minder - can you confirm Glenariffe have been training for the last couple of months? The brother was telling me he was chatting to one of their players - i presume they are out to do a Ballycran in next years Div 2??  Hard to keep that commitment going if that's true.

I can confirm this to be true, they have been doing individual weights programmes. Nothing too heavy as you would soon get a sickener at this time of the year.

theskull1

Fair play to youse minder ....shows a bit a of dedication. If you keep yourself right instead of pinting your way towards mediocrity over the winter then it can only be a good thing for anybody that wants to improve. Think every player should be told/convinced to have his own training program over the off season, whilst not living a monastic existence at the same time.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera