The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

To be fair. That was a brilliant game of football.

It was like the last minute of a cup tie for 90 minutes.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

paco

Was a good game, Monday Night Football usually produces a good one no matter who's playing. Feel bad for Beckford, talk about being out of your depth.

SHEEDY

great point today and totally deserved. delighted for moyesy, it was his 400th game in charge today. he said he wanted the players to show abit of spirit and they done that today. good to see beckford score,hopefully that will give him confidence. if we had a 15 \20 goal a season striker we would def be contending at the other end of the table.
nil satis nisi optimum

boojangles

Fair play to Beckford, hope thats the spark he needed. Whatever it is about us, we always give Chelsea a game. Backed us to win and draw today.

SHEEDY

after that result and performance today im really worried that we may actually go down. starting to lose faith and patience in moyes, why persist with with saha and anichebe when both are crap. what does russian billy and the yak have to do to get a game. very depressing.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but I certainly enjoyed that game last night. We have the hoodoo over city. Our away form and form against the top teams has been pretty good. It's obvious that when teams come onto us we can hurt them but when we are expected to hump teams like wigan and wolves who sit deep, we can't put them away. Moyes needs to sort that out sooner rather than later. Hopefully, that performance is a turning point. If we get Donovan in for 3 months and a new stricker, we should improve. Home form has been shocking.

ross4life

Everton will have to get someone in on loan to replace Cahill who will miss up to 7 games with the Asian cup.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SHEEDY

cahill will a massive loss. we need to get 2 new strikers in jan, get the pienaar situation sorted out and hopefully we can push on from the city game. i know santa cruz, adebayor and landon donovan have all been linked with loan moves. who would other everton fans like to see come in?
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

how frustrating was that to watch. hammers were there for the taking. again we had no cutting edge up front. thought coleman had a decent game. great to see him get another goal.
nil satis nisi optimum

beer baron

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 28, 2010, 07:51:51 PM
how frustrating was that to watch. hammers were there for the taking. again we had no cutting edge up front. thought coleman had a decent game. great to see him get another goal.

Yous were unbelievably toothless!Typically i had Everton backed in an accumulator and everyone else won  >:(

Lawrence of Knockbride

Vintage Moyes. Four right-backs and no strikers against a team in the bottom three.

boojangles

Name the four right backs????
Il give you Hibbert, Neville and Coleman. All you have to do is name the other one.

I do agree that our tactics were shit though. West Ham were there for the taking and we didnt capitalise.
Vintage Moyes? Whatever ya think yourself.

I really really really hope that Moyes is looking at the Honey Monster (Richard Dunne). We also need a striker. Not Adebayor or Santa Cruz.

johnneycool

Moyes has always been very defensively minded, but not to have at least one striker on the park, even if they are misfiring, will not do any of their confidences much good and reeks of playing for a draw against a bottom three team is disappointing.

Certainly a striker is needed, but who and for what money?

SHEEDY

really think moyes needs to offload some players to raise funds to strenghten the team. so much for this being our best squad in a generation. i would def look to get some money for pienaar in jan, shouldnt be allowed to leave for nothing in the summer. heitinga [hasnt looked interested this season] saha [while we still might get something for him] the yak [looks like he couldnt hit barn door]. we def need someone up front and another centre half and getting rid of some of the above wouldnt weaken the squad it would hopefully free up funds to get someone in.
nil satis nisi optimum

Lawrence of Knockbride

Sorry Boojangles meant to type four full-backs.
Vintage Moyes meaning he couldn't send out an attacking team away from home to save his life. He'll be without Cahill for a month odd and his tactics seem involve bringing on two attacking players in the last 5 minutes, including injury time.
He's done all he can IMO and given the reported money he's on I reckon it's time for a change.