The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Nakata

Martin O'Neill stood firm over Barry last summer and he had a decent season. Then he sold this summer because he was going into his final year of contract. Jagielka is out until November, Lescott has 4 years on his contract. We simply can't let him go. Moyes will make him run the gauntlet on Saturday. I'm heading over myself for the opener. Wonder will the fans give him the treatment. Moyes looks as though he's taking a stance here and will not back down. Player power being exercised 4 days before kick-off. It's an intricate game of brinkmanship. I think Moyes will hold firm.

DennistheMenace

I'd never want a player who didn't want to play for my club. Simplistic approach I know.

full back

Quote from: corn02 on August 11, 2009, 03:40:18 PM
Cringeworthy beyond belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4o2bLb9f_E&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Elfconline%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D91922&feature=player_embedded

The Maori's arent happy about this
Read earlier today that they are sending letters of complaint to the toffee's  :D
Not a bad strip all the same

Mr. Nakata

We of all teams depend on a strong dressing room and team spirit. This was what I was dreading. It's going to be messy whatever happens. Lescott will come out with the "I'm a professional" at the end of the day and will always give 100% argument. That's a load of shite. This is a disaster.

Mr. Nakata

My team to take on the gooners -- Howard, Hibbert, Lescott, Yobo, Baines, Neville, Fellaini, Cahill, Pienaar, Jo, Saha. That leaves Osman and Rodwell on the bench and both to come in. A decent team, but not one that'll have gooners quaking in their boots. I can see us getting something from this game so long as the atmosphere is hostile and the team get stuck in. We all know they don't like it up them, but at the same time they have players of real quality. Draw for me.

boojangles

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 12, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
My team to take on the gooners -- Howard, Hibbert, Lescott, Yobo, Baines, Neville, Fellaini, Cahill, Pienaar, Jo, Saha. That leaves Osman and Rodwell on the bench and both to come in. A decent team, but not one that'll have gooners quaking in their boots. I can see us getting something from this game so long as the atmosphere is hostile and the team get stuck in. We all know they don't like it up them, but at the same time they have players of real quality. Draw for me.

Replace Hibbert with Neville and put Osman in Midfield. Im sorry but I just don't rate Hibbert,he can be excellent occasionally but I feel his use of the ball is not up to scratch.Osman was outstanding any time I seen us last season. Rodwell will break into the team this year,brilliant prospect IMO.

Mr. Nakata

Moyes didn't hold back in his pre match press conference today. All guns were blazing in the direction of Hughes and City. Superb! The closer the game gets now, the more I think the crowd will get behind Lescott. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Archie Mitchell

I sorta admired Moyes for his stance on Lescott. But since Lescott has handed in a transfer request Moyes is now acting like a spoilt child. At the end of the day Lescott wants to leave or else he wouldn't have handed in a transfer request. He felt this was the only way to secure the move to City. City knew this as after the first 2 bids were rejected, what was the point in bidding again and again with bids being rejected unless they knew the player wanted to leave. It's a similar situation to the John Terry transfer saga. City bid for him, Chelsea rejected it. City were waiting on Terry to request a move, but he didn't and he confirmed his intention to stay with Chelsea. Lescott hasn't done this, and if he wants to move, he wants to move. Good deal for both player and club. Not much difference when Moyes broke his 5 year contract with Preston, only 1 year in to it to become Everton manager.

Mr. Nakata

Archie, Man City have acted disgracefully throughout this entire episode. They really are trying to throw their weight about. They have "twisted the head" of our player and the media have lapped up every minute of it, with widespread coverage of his proposed 100 grand a week wages.  They won't take no for an answer. I think he's a brilliant player, though I imagine most supporters of other clubs would consider him average. We have one other fit centre half, with the possibility of Senderos coming in as cover. If he was sold we'd be in the shite big time. There's no way Moyes will sell now. City can go fcuk off. Upson's already angling for the money.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 14, 2009, 10:05:26 PM
Archie, Man City have acted disgracefully throughout this entire episode. They really are trying to throw their weight about. They have "twisted the head" of our player and the media have lapped up every minute of it, with widespread coverage of his proposed 100 grand a week wages.  They won't take no for an answer. I think he's a brilliant player, though I imagine most supporters of other clubs would consider him average. We have one other fit centre half, with the possibility of Senderos coming in as cover. If he was sold we'd be in the shite big time. There's no way Moyes will sell now. City can go fcuk off. Upson's already angling for the money.

City had Lescott on their list of targets and bid for him. Usually the first bid fails so they went in with a second bid. This also failed. City knew there was no point in bidding if it was going to be rejected. City knew Lescott had to force the issue. Then it was Everton that let the world know that they had rejected 2 offers from City for him. Cue the transfer request from Lescott. Im sure Lescott has been aware of potential interest, but as much rumours doing the rounds you never know what to believe. But when Everton admitted that they had rejected 2 offers for him, this is when they alerted Lescott to have his "head twisted" by the City move.

As you said yourself below, if a player doesn't want to be there, then why keep him.

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 05, 2009, 10:52:05 AM
The Lescott issue is a killer. Everton appear to be saying the media have got this wrong, he hasn't asked for a transfer. If he has, I think Moyes is f**ked off that he's left it until 10 days before kick-off, which is completely out of order. It's a strange one. What's the point keeping a player who's asked to move. The fans will go nuts, they'll be on his back. His performances will be impacted. If he has asked to go, he has to go and Moyes needs to get as much moolah as possible. We rely on unity and team spirit as a major factor in why we've been competitive over the last few years. Defour is a class act and if the fat Spanish waiter gets him in as a squad player, that'll sicken my happiness. He'd walk onto our team.

Mr. Nakata

In the last pre-season game before kick-off, 7 days ago, he played the full 90 minutes, was cheered every touch and the fans were chanting his name at the final whistle. Four days later he hands in a transfer request. My knee jerk reaction was sell him immediately for the highest price. But why give in to the aggression of the bully boys. I think Moyes principled stance today and throughout the last month has reinforced fans belief that keeping the player is the right decision for Everton. Yes, I thought the fans would go mental, give him some serious stick, but now I think they'll get behind him. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Archie Mitchell

A week is a long time in football. After cheering him etc in this friendly, he came out and handed in a transfer request. I don't think the fans will treat him the same. Maybe not too harsh, but their opinion will have changed of him.

Archie Mitchell

Lescott starts.

According to the lads in the ESPN studio, he went to the ginger one yesterday and told him he was no fit state to play and his head wasn't in it and Moyes starts him anyway. Ive a feeling this isn't going to end pretty with them 2.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians