The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 17, 2017, 04:06:20 PM
Everton fans tell me this one now...
I see on Twitter than there is a decent split re Barkley in terms of letting him off or keeping him. I honestly want to know how you lads rate him.
In terms of transfer rumours talk of Spurs are flying but he wouldn´t get a sniff with Dele Ali at 10 and the workrate seems to be an issue for Koeman, and Pochettino demands even more in terms of pressing.
I just don´t get how a lad who blows so hot and cold at 23 is valued so much while some Everton fans on twitter are saying Klassen is crap. He is a year older and is way more established.
I am not trolling or messing here, as I genuinely don´t see Barkley being a consistent player all season.
thats it in a nutshell, barkley has shown flashes of brillance but then can disappear in other games. because he's a local lad, all everton fans are desperate for him to succeed but as you said he's 23 now and we probably havent seen him push on the way we all hoped.
its got to the stage now that if he moves, everton fans will be disappointed because 'he's one of our own' but most realise there's players out there with better quality that could take us to the next level. if he signs new contract...great, if he doesnt...ship him out, simple as.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

I'd say most of the local fans would want him to stay and to come good but if you're more ruthless like Koeman is I think then you would probably let him go as he's doesn't seem to be reaching the level we all think he can. Maybe it's because of the way we play or the lack of movement ahead of him.
Del Ali certainly has better players around him and Kane shows much more movement and work rate than Lukaku does so maybe it's not all his own fault.

I'd be happy for him to stay but don't think he's an automatic starter any more. He doesn't score enough goals in my eyes and for such a big lad he should be winning a lot more headers also.
I get the feeling he wants to move on as he feels the pressure from the fans and when he loses the ball there is always that Tut feeling.
He might do better away from the home town pressure

SHEEDY

with another 2 quality signings in today, michael keane 25million and sandro ramirez for 5.6million, thats the guts of 100million spent already with a few more being heavily linked (giroud and rooney). good to see the club are showing plenty of ambition and the fans are already looking forward to the new season.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

Yeah it's exciting times for Everton and we're finally showing we can compete financially with the bigger boys. In my head Lukaku is leaving but I'd not be overly surprised if he stayed one more season, especially if Conte isn't that pushed on getting him and no other club interested in spending 90-100M.
I think Everton have made it clear they don't need to sell him to fund these others deals so Rom could be frustrated at being priced out of a move.

Prices are high for decent players now but I've always said we need to pay a little over the odds to get decent players to come to us over CL clubs and clubs in London.

I've mixed feelings on Rooney returning but if the wages aren't too high then surely his experience can benefit the younger players that are coming through.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

With all these world class signings Everton must be favourites for the Premier League now surely?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2017, 10:57:49 AM
Yeah it's exciting times for Everton and we're finally showing we can compete financially with the bigger boys. In my head Lukaku is leaving but I'd not be overly surprised if he stayed one more season, especially if Conte isn't that pushed on getting him and no other club interested in spending 90-100M.
I think Everton have made it clear they don't need to sell him to fund these others deals so Rom could be frustrated at being priced out of a move.

Prices are high for decent players now but I've always said we need to pay a little over the odds to get decent players to come to us over CL clubs and clubs in London.

I've mixed feelings on Rooney returning but if the wages aren't too high then surely his experience can benefit the younger players that are coming through.

Mixed feelings about Rooney too. If he goes out and busts his balls, which he hasn't done for a while then he might be worth the grief that comes with him. If he acts the maggot when Koeman doesn't play him when and where he wants to play it might get messy!

nrico2006

Surprised Everton are taking Rooney.  Never saw a player deteriorate as quickly, literally offers nothing anymore.  Crazy signing, especially for £250k a week.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Crete Boom

Quote from: laoislad on July 04, 2017, 11:02:28 PM
With all these world class signings Everton must be favourites for the Premier League now surely?

Nah I have been hearing from all the Pool heads that this is their year, or was last year their year or is it next year, maybe it was three years ago? ;D Well it will definitely be their year some year!!  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 05, 2017, 11:01:11 AM

Nah I have been hearing from all the Pool heads that this is their year, or was last year their year or is it next year, maybe it was three years ago? ;D Well it will definitely be their year some year!!  ;)

When was it Everton's year before?

Crete Boom

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 05, 2017, 11:32:17 AM

1987 8)!!
The Pool's was 1990 what a time to be a scouser!!! ;D

Main Street

What's happened to Koeman's pursuit of his nr.1 midfield target Gylfi Sigurdsson of Swansea?
Is it still on or are Swansea still holding fast at the breach?

manfromdelmonte

always a bitter rs about

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 05, 2017, 01:00:02 PM

always a bitter rs about

We all know the bs are the Bitters😂

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 05, 2017, 01:16:02 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 05, 2017, 01:00:02 PM

always a bitter rs about

We all know the bs are the Bitters😂
bitter about what?
your hooligan fans causing the deaths of Juve fans and denying our title winning team a shot at the European Cup?

bitter about your club buying up hundreds of local houses and boarding them up and letting them delipidate so ye can further drive down the price of property?
while the Everton in.the community projects wins numerous awards

I could go on