Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 11, 2018, 02:26:17 PM
What I find odd, to say the least, is the fact that Cora & Co. have not elaborated on their reasons for walking away. What they said was loaded with sexual innuendo but they haven't bothered explaining what they meant and neither has the LGFA county board or the manager.
If I was the manager, I wouldn't let such accusations pass unchallenged. The county board and other club delegates obviously know more of what the real story is and voted overwhelmingly to turf Caranacon out of competition of all grades, only to have the ban rescinded by the National Appeals Committee.
There is no way imaginable that the members of this committee didn't not have full possession of the relevant facts. They had to be fully aware of the rumours and counter rumours that were circulating and yet did nothing to indicate why they took a far less critical approach when the players' reasons for walking  out were discussed.

You could wreck your head trying to figure that one out.

I mean to cap it all, the committee must have had a lot of sympathy for the players who buggered off and should have taken action to investigate the seriousness of their allegations.
So the players were concerned about their personal welfare but the county board apparently rejected their claims only for the appeals committee to disagree with the board.
If all this wasn't complicated enough, the manager hasn't made a move of any sort to either clear his name or else accept the players had a grievance.  He's biding his time also. It's as if there is is a big crock of shite ready to hit the fan.

did you not listen to his radio interview from weeks ago??

Syferus

Looks like someone was in a coma..

Lar Naparka

Quote from: JoG2 on October 11, 2018, 02:30:35 PM
What I find odd, to say the least, is the fact that Cora & Co. have not elaborated on their reasons for walking away. What they said was loaded with sexual innuendo but they haven't bothered explaining what they meant and neither has the LGFA county board or the manager.
If I was the manager, I wouldn't let such accusations pass unchallenged. The county board and other club delegates obviously know more of what the real story is and voted overwhelmingly to turf Caranacon out of competition of all grades, only to have the ban rescinded by the National Appeals Committee.
There is no way imaginable that the members of this committee didn't not have full possession of the relevant facts. They had to be fully aware of the rumours and counter rumours that were circulating and yet did nothing to indicate why they took a far less critical approach when the players' reasons for walking  out were discussed.

I mean to cap it all, the committee must have had a lot of sympathy for the players who buggered off and should have taken action to investigate the seriousness of their allegations.
So the players were concerned about their personal welfare but the county board apparently rejected their claims only for the appeals committee to disagree with the board.
If all this wasn't complicated enough, the manager hasn't made a move of any sort to either clear his name or else accept the players had a grievance.  He's biding his time also. It's as if there is is a big crock of shite ready to hit the fan.

did you not listen to his radio interview from weeks ago??
I did listen but he did not demand that the players should withdraw their allegations or go to any length to explain why he felt they were wrong. When he had finished, nobody was left any wiser and he hasn't gone any further to clear his name either.
Did he come right out and say what the personal differences were and why he rejected them?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo4Sam

They did run an independent investigation and found the allegations were baseless
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Coming in half way through a season and expecting to just walk back into a team (league finalists no less) is incredibly disrespectful. It's pretty clear Cora believes her own hype and can't see how terrible a headline that is for her crediblity.

Mayo4Sam

Carnacon and Knockmore both won this morning handy enough to set up a repeat of last years county final
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

screenexile

Yeah the manager shouting at players and not being positive enough is not creating an unsafe environment what a load of aul shite. That's elite level sport I find it hard to believe Staunton hasn't experienced that before!

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2018, 07:32:39 PM
Yeah the manager shouting at players and not being positive enough is not creating an unsafe environment what a load of aul shite. That's elite level sport I find it hard to believe Staunton hasn't experienced that before!

And it wouldn't be much of a stretch to think the 'unhappy' players Cora was speaking of were the few who were used to calling the shots under previous managers.

iorras

And her comment, in her own words on the answer to the freetaker situation just adds to the whole underlying belief that this was mainly about player power no matter what it has now morphed into in some peoples heads.

From the Bunker

Looks like Cora has little or nothing substantial to add to her already light weight grievances. They tried to pull a quick one and it back fired spectacularly.  This was added to by the county board digging their heals in.

Farrandeelin

I suppose they will have built up a siege mentality now and come out all guns blazing against our ladies in the final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

blast05

QuoteAs we stood up to leave, he had one more question. If I wasn't the free-taker this year, how would I feel about it? I said I wouldn't mind if I was the free-taker or not, so long as the best free-taker on the team was the person taking them. That person, I told him, was standing in front of him. And, with that, I turned and walked away.

I'm really surprised they didn't pull this bit from the book.
It puts the free-taking episode in the Connacht Final into fuller context.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: blast05 on October 15, 2018, 01:26:49 PM
QuoteAs we stood up to leave, he had one more question. If I wasn't the free-taker this year, how would I feel about it? I said I wouldn't mind if I was the free-taker or not, so long as the best free-taker on the team was the person taking them. That person, I told him, was standing in front of him. And, with that, I turned and walked away.

I'm really surprised they didn't pull this bit from the book.
It puts the free-taking episode in the Connacht Final into fuller context.
Yeah that is a rather telling passage alright.

Itchy

She is making a total bollocks of herself at this stage. Where before all this i might have bought the book no chance of buying it now