another new manager for mayo???

Started by cornetto, June 26, 2017, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornetto

Mayo's players had a meeting in Castlebar on June 17, a week after their defeat to Galway in the Connacht Championship semi-final in Pearse Stadium.
The meeting which was reported by The Connacht Telegraph took place the Saturday after their defeat to Galway after a round of club games in the county in which most of the county squad were involved.

The club matches took place at 7:30 that night.

The meeting is believed to have been arranged in order to review their loss to Galway and to clear the air in the panel by allowing all squad members to give their views on the loss.

The report claimed that Mayo's manager Stephen Rochford was fully aware of the meeting, but that he didn't attend.

No details of the meeting were made public but it is understood that it was mainly focused on where the squad is going and how best to regroup after their disappointing loss to the Tribesmen for the second year running.

Sounds very familiar to how holmes/connelley met their Waterloo! Obviously some blame the management for the l' it was only a 1pt match this meeting one would think was to get everyone to pull together and get behind the manager until the end of the qualifiers.the derry match could be interesting after all!

Tubberman

Take note who wrote the article and then disregard - he has form for writing factually incorrect shite just to stir up some controversy.
Also take note that the article even states that Rochford was aware of the meeting, so how the f*ck was it secret!?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tubberman on June 26, 2017, 02:29:46 PM
Take note who wrote the article and then disregard - he has form for writing factually incorrect shite just to stir up some controversy.
Also take note that the article even states that Rochford was aware of the meeting, so how the f*ck was it secret!?

How the Fcuk was it secret if the Connacht Telegraph knew?

joemamas

Personally, If it happened I think it was a good idea.
The manager obviously knew, so no problem there,
you have a group of veteran players facing into the back door route.
time to get everyone tuned in.

Really not a big deal.

AZOffaly

Quote from: joemamas on June 26, 2017, 02:45:57 PM
Personally, If it happened I think it was a good idea.
The manager obviously knew, so no problem there,
you have a group of veteran players facing into the back door route.
time to get everyone tuned in.

Really not a big deal.

This. People love a good conspiracy theory.

J70

They had a players meeting following a difficult loss with the full knowledge of the management.

This is "news"?

cornetto

It's no secret every team meets up after a game win or lose to discuss positives and negatives of a match.the difference with this meeting was it was just the players well that's what is reported,management were aware, but we're they invited?? If players meet on their own it just doesn't send the right signals.

AZOffaly

Players only meetings are fairly common.

Captain Obvious

Whats the odds on James Horan to return next year?

shark

Quote from: cornetto on June 26, 2017, 03:22:20 PM
It's no secret every team meets up after a game win or lose to discuss positives and negatives of a match.the difference with this meeting was it was just the players well that's what is reported,management were aware, but we're they invited?? If players meet on their own it just doesn't send the right signals.

It happens quite a bit. Usually encouraged by the management. I have been involved in teams where it has happened and it is a positive.

This is a load of nonsense quite frankly. I have a couple of friends on the Mayo panel. I don't comment on what happened with the previous management as there is so many mistruths spouted that it's pointless. But I can say that the players think very highly of their current manager. Unless they are lying to me, but can't see why they would.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 26, 2017, 03:29:15 PM

Not sure who they'd turn too in the event of Rochford leaving.

I wouldn't be surprised if Horan has his eyes on the Galway job once Kevin Walsh has had enough.

Tubberman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 26, 2017, 04:15:31 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Horan has his eyes on the Galway job once Kevin Walsh has had enough.

I would be absolutely amazed and appalled and gobsmacked and sickened and stupefied.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Tubberman on June 26, 2017, 04:19:25 PM

I would be absolutely amazed and appalled and gobsmacked and sickened and stupefied.
As a fellow clubman, I'm sure you'd wish him well!! LOL!

Syferus

Seriously? The Galway job is far less attractive than you seem to think it is.

An Fhairche Abu

After all the boots Horan has stuck into Galway over the years I couldn't see him in the managers job to be honest.