Longford v Antrim Pearse Park Div 3 Sun 18th March 2012

Started by Gold, March 15, 2012, 08:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Massive game for the Saffrons on Sunday. We need the win more than Longford do.

A loss and we're out of the promotion race.

We'd need to lift it 100% from our 'performance' v Roscommon last weekend.

Last year we were Div 2 and Longford in Div 4. Now Longford are big favourites on Sunday.

Hope more make an effort to travel than usual--soul destroying playing in an eerie silence. Where are the bandwagoners from Clones 09?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Qwerty28

Massive game for Longford as well you know! Another win and almost guarenteed promotion.

Excellent 2nd half display agaisnt the Rossies where everything came together and the experience of the team showed as they didnt panic when falling behind in 1st half. Obviously another good win last weekend in Sligo and home advantage should really help our quest for another 2 points.....Longford by 4-6 points ....hopefully  ;)

Shamrock Shore

I never approach a game in which Longford are playing in confidence. Antrim will surely be up for this trip south and could nick this one. That said we, for once, have a functioning midfield with a few backup options so if we win the so-called 'dirty ball' we have plently of forwards that can make life a misery for the Saffron lads.

Win this and I may even try and get to Semple Stadium tomorrow week. For my sins it's once place I have never been. I know it wouldn't be up there with a Cork-Tipp Munster hurling final on a warm Sunday, but it may be the occasion where we cement a trip to Div 2. Would there be 500 souls there?