Where are Libya's allies in its time of need?

Started by Peter Solan the Great, March 19, 2011, 05:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Solan the Great

Any sign of Gerry Adams releasing a statement of the current military activity in Libya. Sinn Fein/IRA are good friends with Col. Gaddafi but it is all quite from them. Are they on the ground already? or has their MI5 handlers curtailed them?

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Ulick

Well considering the Brits sold Gadafy (IT spelling) £200 million worth of arms last year alone, the Libyan rebels would probably appreciate the irony of their oil money buying weapons to attack the main arms supplier to their oppressor.

Minder

Quote from: Ulick on March 19, 2011, 11:51:24 PM
Well considering the Brits sold Gadafy (IT spelling) £200 million worth of arms last year alone, the Libyan rebels would probably appreciate the irony of their oil money buying weapons to attack the main arms supplier to their oppressor.

Not sure the Libyan rebels have any time to consider the "irony" of it all, I would say they will welcome any help they can get.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Banana Man

i hate to repeat myself but the PSNI were part of a UK met led police team that went to Libya to deal with crowd control, how apt. The brits double standards knows no bounds.

As for you PSTG what does 'it's all quite with them' actually mean, quite is a term i have never heard, is it a mayo word?, or a FF/Kerry word, or wherever you are from, i might start referring to you as Jason Bourne as you have the mother of all identity crisis'  :D

nrico2006

Who has started all this recent trouble in Libya? Is it the rebels, and are they killing folk? Why is it that all the condemnation is directed towards Gadaffi and why is everyone going crazy at him for using force against those who have instigated it? I am know fan if his, but what if a few 1000 of us started to rebel against our rulers here because we are not happy of how we are being treated how about trying to take over key towns in the UK, would the UN and World leaders come out in our defence and tell David Cameron to leave us alone and issue ultimatums to him? It really reeks of one of those espionage films you see, where undercover boyoos have been working in Libya for years and it's them who have started the trouble, all with the aim of gaining control of what they always want - oil.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'