Quote from: SHEEDY on September 04, 2017, 09:53:48 PM
SFC semi final; castlewellan v burren, kilcoo v rgu/bholland

IFC rostrevor v leitrim, annaclone v drumaness

Missed JFC draw sorry  :-\

JFC

Dromara v Bright/Ardglass
Dundrum v Kilclief

:-\ bright won this one

I believe Ardglass have raised an objection regarding Bright playing an ineligible player in the last few minutes of the game.

Bright fielded an underage player - County Board said match is to be replayed like it was in the case of Teconnaught and St.Pauls last year when an underage player was fielded. However Ardglass are refusing to replay match.

By rights Bright should be excluded they broke a well known rule

Harsh lesson but the rules are rules. was same player played throughout league too I wonder ?
agree it should be disqualification but precedent must have been set last year
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

downjim

If you break the rules you should be fired out if the championship.if you play illegal players during the league then you lose the points. If this is not nipped in the bud then everyone will be trying it and if you get caught , you get a replay.

Rules are rules

johnneycool

Quote from: downjim on September 07, 2017, 01:39:04 AM
If you break the rules you should be fired out if the championship.if you play illegal players during the league then you lose the points. If this is not nipped in the bud then everyone will be trying it and if you get caught , you get a replay.

Rules are rules

A replay isn't a big enough deterrent. Game should be awarded to the opposition irrespective of it being league or championship.

Champions elect

Ardglass offered the replay to Bright and county board agreed to it. ardglass could of withheld the objection and bright would of been disqualified.

thewobbler

In that case, fair play to Ardglass

Lecale Gael

2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

downjim

Next year I think it's time to let seconds teams into Div 4. There are teams in Down who would be well capable of fielding two squads every Friday night.  Kilcoo, Bridge, Ford, Clonduff and ourselves would definitely be able to. I think teams would embrace the challenges. The Premier reserve league has only 11 games this year.

No1

Fair play to Ardglass is right.

johnneycool, what is the Ballygalget Health & Well Being Centre? A corporate rebrand to get your hands on as much grant funding as possible?  ;)

Had to laugh at the photo of Jim Shannon standing on the pitch, not sure his constituents in The West Winds estate would approve!  ;D

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on September 07, 2017, 08:46:42 PM
Fair play to Ardglass is right.

johnneycool, what is the Ballygalget Health & Well Being Centre? A corporate rebrand to get your hands on as much grant funding as possible?  ;)

Had to laugh at the photo of Jim Shannon standing on the pitch, not sure his constituents in The West Winds estate would approve!  ;D

That's not Jim, that's an even bigger bigot from Portavogie who's the lord mayor of North Down and Newtownards who did the sum total of SFA to help us, in fact the local council fulfilled their financial commitment to the bare minimum where I'm led to believe that Saul got substantially more from their respective council. I think he almost shit himself when the lad from DAERAE suggested a picture or two with a few hurls.
The same wee bollox was trying to rail road a "cross community" all weather 3G pitch into Portavogie even though it was too small for gaelic games and kicked up a stink when the SDLP and Alliance councillors pulled him on it.
Thats still up in the air.

As for our Health and Well Being Centre, its a two storey building, kitted out gym on top of two relaxation rooms which oddly enough can double for rather large changing rooms  ;D

Our previous undertakings in spunking money on a floodlit highway to health and various cross community activities like our "Ballygalget Biggest Loser" and even the running club which is now fully affiliated stood by us in a big way.
Still, its a big financial undertaking by us and fundraising will be getting underway very shortly, so I'll get Count to throw you over a few dozen tickets to sell for us.
We're about to turn the first sod once NIE get their finger out and move an electricity pole for us

SHEEDY

well done to darren, darragh and connaire who received irish news all star awards last night.
nil satis nisi optimum

PAULD123

Quote from: downjim on September 07, 2017, 05:40:30 PM
Next year I think it's time to let seconds teams into Div 4. There are teams in Down who would be well capable of fielding two squads every Friday night.  Kilcoo, Bridge, Ford, Clonduff and ourselves would definitely be able to. I think teams would embrace the challenges. The Premier reserve league has only 11 games this year.

I think in principal it is a good idea, it certainly allows players to get more games. However how do a few things work:

• Would it ever be allowed to have two teams from one club in the same division? Cos that would be wrong
  • would there be a restriction on players playing for both teams? Like the whole first team winning Division 4 AND Division 1.
  • How would the logistics work of having multiple teams playing but not enough pitches? Would teams need two pitches to play two home games at the same time?

Maiden1

Quote from: PAULD123 on September 08, 2017, 02:19:11 PM

I think in principal it is a good idea, it certainly allows players to get more games. However how do a few things work:

• Would it ever be allowed to have two teams from one club in the same division? Cos that would be wrong
  • would there be a restriction on players playing for both teams? Like the whole first team winning Division 4 AND Division 1.
  • How would the logistics work of having multiple teams playing but not enough pitches? Would teams need two pitches to play two home games at the same time?

There are no proofs, only opinions.

outinfront

Did antrim not have this a while back and change to senior leagues and reserve leagues?

It wasn't so long ago we had a Premier reserve 1 & 2. Have several teams now 'dropped' into east and south down reserve leagues leaving only enough seconds teams for the single premier league where each team only plays each other once?

To get more games there could always be a split in the league top half teams play each other once more and same for bottom? Cup/shield idea.

Then again too many fixtures just leads to a farce.

thewobbler

I don't see the point in Burren or Kilcoo seconds playing D4 football. They would either demolish junior championship sides by as much as they want, or would not field when senior team injuries/holidays/suspensions stack up, and it would be disheartening for all involved.

Reserve football should be regionalised with an 8 team D1 in both East and South, and the top 2 in each playing a knockout for the All County League title. Teams relegate and promote into their regional D1 as in any other league system.

This is simply down to logistics. It's not hard to pull together a reserve squad when the travel is limited. But a 2pm fixture in an all county league when it means a trip from Belfast to Kilkeel or Newry to Downpatrick, means giving up your entire afternoon (12-5) for that cause. There's only so many times a season any man can do that in the name of B football.

seafoid

Quote from: Maiden1 on September 08, 2017, 02:56:35 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on September 08, 2017, 02:19:11 PM

Some great names in those tables. Tully list,  Mayobridge, an Riocht
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU