Bloody Sunday killings to be ruled unlawful

Started by Lady GAA GAA, June 10, 2010, 11:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 18, 2010, 02:36:13 PM
Quote from: Aerlik on June 18, 2010, 11:44:24 AM
Lads, lassies and ladettes, like I've said before, the cornered rats of unionism/loyalism are squeaking.  It's what happens whenever the scum are exposed.  They have nothing to offer and many of us from the occupied 6 have known and experienced this for many years.   
Their reactions are typical shock politics of their sectarian murderous forefathers.
I have to agree with you Aerlik.
The whataboutery , moaning, whinging and soundbites and comments out of the unionist/loyalist community must now show people that these 'moderate' friends they have are not what they epouse to actually be !
people have not realised of have forgotten the propaganda-speak and mentality drummed into most unionist/loyalists from the day they are born.
You dont agree?
then why are so many  'moderates' (let alone the usual sectatian bigots like campbell, donaldson etc etc) coming out with comments, phrases etc that are shocking their Irish/catholic/nationalist/working class friends....

to answer donaldson and campbell, the reason why the army were in the six counties was as a measure to try and stop the murderous behaviour of the security forces from escalating to full scale genocide. Dramatic - youd think so , but not given the events that were happening to ordinary innocent (Irish/catholic/nationalist) folk around the six counties from the b specials, ruc and their posse of unionist/loyalist thugs that were gleefully getting stuck into the taigs !

Why the army were in Derry on Bloody sunday...at that stage they had been co-opted onto the side of the police force...so the army were a bigger band of people to use to attack the passive locals.
The IRA had come about to defend their people and areas because of the apartheid regime and the genocidal route it was taking - worsening from the oppression, brutality, beatings and persecution that had existed for mere decades...

there was no need for the army to be near the civil rights march. There was definitely no need for the cold blooded killing of 14 people and 13 more badly injured through being shot. These people were innocent, butchered by the force supposedly sent to the six counties to ward off such sectarian violence!

The apology was correct. The vindication of these 14 peoples (and others in the peaceful march) innocence was correct.

Rather than agree with this and look forward to a combined future the whataboutery and sickening responses from unionist/loyalist leaders and community are a disgrace.
Instead they are whinging about 'what about the people killed by the IRA ' ?
What about it?
Well we could counter - what about the people killed by unionist/loyalist forces!!
What about the people killed by unionist/loyalist/colluding crown force sectarian gangs...

far from being a tribunal for looking into the deaths of unionists/loyalists - the next tribunal would have to be the collusion and role of the brit army, ruc, udr, b specials etc etc  in helping, planning, arming, training and performing killing missions along with unionist/loyalist groups.

Then and only then could we look into the cases of people killed by unionist/loyalist groups or
the people killed by IRA/INLA etc.

The problem of all this was caused by the unionist/loyalist establishmen, its leaders and its people who did not want to stop with the obvious persecution and violent oppression of the nationalist/Irish/catholic peoples in the six counties.

Now will you people shut the fcuk up and accept your starting role in all of this and realise that ths whataboutery will only end up in a draw for you at best.
Allow these other people who were innocent and killed by the state to get their apologiy from the state that is so long in coming and so very deserved.
Try to have some dignity and fair play, though it hasnt been there for decades or even years over the past centuary - so its hardly going to start now.

At last the workd will see that if the Bloody sunday people were actually innocent, then maybe all the other problems we have been highlighting for decades, might also be true too !
the words and actions of the loyalist/unionist spokespeople also should allow the world and people from the south of Ireland see their true colours and what we have had to deal with for this length of time !
I just dont see why so many people are actually surprised ! its in their blood and upbringing, they just try to hide it well - and people believe these claims of 'moderate' !!!

well said Lynchboy!!!!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

theskull1

You are being disingenuous Olaf IMO. Either that or you are as blinkered as GC & JD

This is all about state forces and the institutions of law and order at the highest levels colluding in the cold hearted killing and the blackening of the reputations of it's own citizens to cover up it's evil deeds. JD, GC etc could have called it like it was before they started this what about business. Is this the type of society that JD & GC want to live in where you can't trust the highest powers in the land to protect it's citizens?

The answer to the question is because so many of the unionist population simply hate catholics and the leadership of unionism are shit scared to show proper leadership to their knuckle dragging brethern. Maybe they're just not ready for it. A lifetime of hate breeding just can't be turned on its head just like that I suppose
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Franko

Quote from: Olaf on June 18, 2010, 02:40:53 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 18, 2010, 02:31:12 PM
Why do you think that he wouldn't admit that he could rejoice that justice had been done for these thirteen people specifically?

I don't know and I don't know his mind but presumably his response as detailed in my last post gives me  some form of answer.

Cop out.

That's as waffly a bullshit answer as we've been hearing coming from Campbell and Co over the past few days.

Answer the question.  Surely you have some opinion.  Your last post tells me absolutely nothing about the question I asked.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 18, 2010, 02:36:13 PM
Quote from: Aerlik on June 18, 2010, 11:44:24 AM
Lads, lassies and ladettes, like I've said before, the cornered rats of unionism/loyalism are squeaking.  It's what happens whenever the scum are exposed.  They have nothing to offer and many of us from the occupied 6 have known and experienced this for many years.   
Their reactions are typical shock politics of their sectarian murderous forefathers.
I have to agree with you Aerlik.
The whataboutery , moaning, whinging and soundbites and comments out of the unionist/loyalist community must now show people that these 'moderate' friends they have are not what they epouse to actually be !
people have not realised of have forgotten the propaganda-speak and mentality drummed into most unionist/loyalists from the day they are born.
You dont agree?
then why are so many  'moderates' (let alone the usual sectatian bigots like campbell, donaldson etc etc) coming out with comments, phrases etc that are shocking their Irish/catholic/nationalist/working class friends....

to answer donaldson and campbell, the reason why the army were in the six counties was as a measure to try and stop the murderous behaviour of the security forces from escalating to full scale genocide. Dramatic - youd think so , but not given the events that were happening to ordinary innocent (Irish/catholic/nationalist) folk around the six counties from the b specials, ruc and their posse of unionist/loyalist thugs that were gleefully getting stuck into the taigs !

Why the army were in Derry on Bloody sunday...at that stage they had been co-opted onto the side of the police force...so the army were a bigger band of people to use to attack the passive locals.
The IRA had come about to defend their people and areas because of the apartheid regime and the genocidal route it was taking - worsening from the oppression, brutality, beatings and persecution that had existed for mere decades...

there was no need for the army to be near the civil rights march. There was definitely no need for the cold blooded killing of 14 people and 13 more badly injured through being shot. These people were innocent, butchered by the force supposedly sent to the six counties to ward off such sectarian violence!

The apology was correct. The vindication of these 14 peoples (and others in the peaceful march) innocence was correct.

Rather than agree with this and look forward to a combined future the whataboutery and sickening responses from unionist/loyalist leaders and community are a disgrace.
Instead they are whinging about 'what about the people killed by the IRA ' ?
What about it?
Well we could counter - what about the people killed by unionist/loyalist forces!!
What about the people killed by unionist/loyalist/colluding crown force sectarian gangs...

far from being a tribunal for looking into the deaths of unionists/loyalists - the next tribunal would have to be the collusion and role of the brit army, ruc, udr, b specials etc etc  in helping, planning, arming, training and performing killing missions along with unionist/loyalist groups.

Then and only then could we look into the cases of people killed by unionist/loyalist groups or
the people killed by IRA/INLA etc.

The problem of all this was caused by the unionist/loyalist establishmen, its leaders and its people who did not want to stop with the obvious persecution and violent oppression of the nationalist/Irish/catholic peoples in the six counties.

Now will you people shut the fcuk up and accept your starting role in all of this and realise that ths whataboutery will only end up in a draw for you at best.
Allow these other people who were innocent and killed by the state to get their apologiy from the state that is so long in coming and so very deserved.
Try to have some dignity and fair play, though it hasnt been there for decades or even years over the past centuary - so its hardly going to start now.

At last the workd will see that if the Bloody sunday people were actually innocent, then maybe all the other problems we have been highlighting for decades, might also be true too !
the words and actions of the loyalist/unionist spokespeople also should allow the world and people from the south of Ireland see their true colours and what we have had to deal with for this length of time !
I just dont see why so many people are actually surprised ! its in their blood and upbringing, they just try to hide it well - and people believe these claims of 'moderate' !!!
Usual oul guff from LB, just a bit longer than the norm. Good to see apartheid getting a mention again!

Rossfan

So ..did none of the things he mentioned happen ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2010, 06:17:00 PM
There was no apartheid or genocide. I stopped reading after spotting these two words, as it was obviously going to be the usual tripe he posts.

Franko

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 18, 2010, 06:42:34 PM
There was no apartheid or genocide. I stopped reading after spotting these two words, as it was obviously going to be the usual tripe he posts.

Ah that old chestnut!  Convenient and childish.

He didn't say genocide happened.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 18, 2010, 06:42:34 PM

He didnt say anything about Genocide

Definition of Apartheid
"a social policy or racial segregation involving political and economic and legal discrimination against a community/group of people"

You're correct,thats rubbish,nothing like that ever occured down there against Nationalists  ::)

red hander

MnaG has been down more holes than Tiger Woods

Newbridge Exile

Myles Na G.

Nope, not an excellent post at all LB. Same oul tripe, same oul republican crap. Apartheid? Like what - Soweto? Point me out our Soweto, please. And like, if northern nationalists were so oppressed, how come there was such a thriving Catholic middle class? Where did all the Catholic teachers come from? The Catholic solicitors and doctors? Complete load of balls, as per usual. The genocidal route? Please. Who killed more Catholics than the British forces? The IRA. Who outkilled every other armed grouping? The IRA. Get your heads out of yer republican arses, lads.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 18, 2010, 11:04:23 PM
Nope, not an excellent post at all LB. Same oul tripe, same oul republican crap. Apartheid? Like what - Soweto? Point me out our Soweto, please. And like, if northern nationalists were so oppressed, how come there was such a thriving Catholic middle class? Where did all the Catholic teachers come from? The Catholic solicitors and doctors? Complete load of balls, as per usual. The genocidal route? Please. Who killed more Catholics than the British forces? The IRA. Who outkilled every other armed grouping? The IRA. Get your heads out of yer republican arses, lads.
thriving middle class ? where did Catholic teachers come from ....it looks like you are scraping the barrel in a big way here!!!!

you obviously know nothing of the life that nationalists/catholics/working class had to endure in those times !!!

If things were not heading towards a genocidal routie - why did the british gov send in the troops ????

the IRA killed mostly security forces personnel ...
while not good , it was a war,...and in war times people get killed...its either killing taigs or protecting taigs

Apart from clearing up your misconceptions on what happned in the few decades war  - it should be mentioned again that unionist/loyalist persons tried to continue the attack against nationalist/catholic/Irish/taigs via bloody sunday and the lack of an apology from these unionist/loyalist forces is striking !!

myles - your unionist/loyalist people by their silence speaks volumes !!!

but we expected nothing more from them all other than this !!!
I am proven right again !!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 19, 2010, 01:13:51 AM
thriving middle class ? where did Catholic teachers come from ....it looks like you are scraping the barrel in a big way here!!!!

you obviously know nothing of the life that nationalists/catholics/working class had to endure in those times !!!

If things were not heading towards a genocidal routie - why did the british gov send in the troops ????

while not good , it was a war,...and in war times people get killed...its either killing taigs or protecting taigs

Apart from clearing up your misconceptions on what happned in the few decades war  - it should be mentioned again that unionist/loyalist persons tried to continue the attack against nationalist/catholic/Irish/taigs via bloody sunday and the lack of an apology from these unionist/loyalist forces is striking !!

Next you'll be telling us about the gas chambers and the trains full of working class Catholics at central station...

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 19, 2010, 01:13:51 AM

How do you protect taigs by...er...killing them?
Interesting that in recent days another republican myth - The Battle of the Short Strand - has been given short shrift by the HET. The incident, you may recall, was one of the defining moments for the provos, as it allowed them to claim that they were the real defenders of the Catholic people. Leading provos like Billy McKee and Denis Donaldson made their reputations by defending St Matthews church and fending off loyalist attackers. Three people died, 2 protestants and a catholic. For years the provos claimed that the catholic was one of their own and that he died on active service. Much to the delight of his family, however, the man has now been cleared of any IRA connections. Seems he was just an innocent man shot by the IRA by mistake. In addition, the HET concluded that both the protestants were innocent victims too, shot making their way home from the bar on the Newtownards road. Far from being the defenders, the report concluded that the provos had started the shooting long before loyalist paramilitaries showed up. Some heroes!