Bloody Sunday killings to be ruled unlawful

Started by Lady GAA GAA, June 10, 2010, 11:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyCake on May 11, 2019, 10:39:14 PM
A banner supporting Soldier F in Lurgan now too.

There was obviously sufficient evidence for Soldier F to stand trial for killing innocent civilians, and the law will now take its course.

If a banner was erected in Derry in support of those who killed Lyra McKee, I'd imagine everyone in the country would condemn it.

So what's the difference with Soldier F? Why are these banners allowed to remain draped in town centres?

I honestly don't know why those rags aren't being cut down in the middle of the night. What sort of printing company agrees to even make a banner like that?!

seafoid

The Bloody Sunday Inquiry cost something like £ 700 million. Mostly on lawyers

WTF
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2019, 10:35:45 AM

WTF

When they charge £50 to send a letter, it adds up.

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 12, 2019, 10:34:16 AM

There was obviously sufficient evidence for Soldier F to stand trial for killing innocent civilians, and the law will now take its course.

If a banner was erected in Derry in support of those who killed Lyra McKee, I'd imagine everyone in the country would condemn it.

So what's the difference with Soldier F? Why are these banners allowed to remain draped in town centres?

I honestly don't know why those rags aren't being cut down in the middle of the night. What sort of printing company agrees to even make a banner like that?!

Why aren't the coppers taking them down in broad daylight as soon as they go up? To show those who put them up that the law will take its course with Soldier F, and that these banners are insulting to those murdered on Bloody Sunday? Where's the Chief Constable of the PSNIRUC in condemning these banners?

Nothing ever changes with those in charge of this shithole.

general_lee

Quote from: BennyCake on May 12, 2019, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 12, 2019, 10:34:16 AM

Why aren't the coppers taking them down in broad daylight as soon as they go up? To show those who put them up that the law will take its course with Soldier F, and that these banners are insulting to those murdered on Bloody Sunday? Where's the Chief Constable of the PSNIRUC in condemning these banners?

Nothing ever changes with those in charge of this shithole.
Because they're spineless c***ts, they'll happily post all the PR shite of the day on their Facebook pages bleating about how hard a task they have in lifting 18 year olds with a bit of cannabis on them or seizing some boy racers 306, or sending in the cavalry to Kilwilkie to lift all 5 partipants in the dissies Easter parade... but to actually comment on those sickening banners means they have a responsibility to remove them and that actually might entail a bit of hard work. You can guarantee I'd anyone was caught removing them though they'd get slapped with a "breach of the peace" charge

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 12, 2019, 10:39:26 AM

WTF

If the Brits had apologised early the money could have been spent on the Creggan

McCann:
More than half (54 per cent) of the population of the electoral area which includes the Creggan have low or no qualifications. There are people with degrees on Sainsbury's checkout. What chance a start with no A-levels?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

David McKeown

WTF

700?  The official figure was 195 with around 90 million to lawyers. Some have speculated it was closer to 400 but I've never seen seen it suggested that it was even close to that level.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

BennyCake

Police comments on removing Soldier F banners:

They will only act if there are substantial risks to public safety.

What the f**k is that supposed to mean? That they'll only remove it if it's at risk of flapping down and hitting big Mervyn a slap around the chops?

Jesus wept.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 12, 2019, 10:39:26 AM

WTF

Thousands upon thousands of A4 pages of evidence all printed out multiple times @ about 7p a page is also a nice little racket too.

GetOverTheBar

Was never going to be any different than this ruling really.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LCohen

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 29, 2020, 08:03:38 PM
Quote from: LCohen on September 29, 2020, 07:40:59 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 29, 2020, 01:46:12 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54329803

Disgraceful

It's difficult to conclude that today's decision is "disgraceful"

What?
I said it's difficult to conclude that today's decision is disgraceful. Angelo was pointing out that something was disgraceful but he didn't specify