Bloody Sunday killings to be ruled unlawful

Started by Lady GAA GAA, June 10, 2010, 11:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: Insane Bolt on March 14, 2019, 08:14:56 AM
Decision due today at 11 on whether prosecutions will be brought against the paras involved.
Given what Brady stated last week I'm not very hopeful.

This mornings Irish News thinks different .....let's hope it's right.

BennyCake

Decision due today at 11 on whether prosecutions will be brought against the paras involved.

Neither am I. Never was.

tiempo

Quote from: BennyCake on March 14, 2019, 09:32:07 AM

Neither am I. Never was.

Given the position of the DUP in the sphere of influence at the present time and the inability of Britain to deal with or admit to the wrongdoings of their colonial past and present I cant see how it will be anything other than another whitewash and series of hankered delays until all the soldiers are dead and gone therefore negating the ability to prosecute.

Harold Disgracey

Absolute cop out.
One former soldier, soldier F, is to be prosecuted over Bloody Sunday, facing two charges of murder and four of attempted murder, the @thePPSNI has announced in Derry.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

toby47

The Public Prosecution Service said on Thursday there was enough evidence to prosecute Soldier F for the murders of James Wray and William McKinney, he also face charges for the attempted murders of Joseph Friel, Michael Quinn, Joe Mahon and Patrick O'Donnell.

The PPS said there was insufficient evidence to prosecute 16 other soldiers.

GJL

Gutted for the families. We are dirt under the shoes of the Brits in their opinion. The sooner there is a successful border poll the better so we can be forever detached from that despicable and deplorable bunch.

Last Caress

Quote from: Rossfan on March 14, 2019, 11:08:03 AM
He likely  has a terminal illness.

Exactly.  And unable to stand trial.  Case closed and the families left pick up the pieces.  Justice System?  Injustice System

BennyCake

Jim_Murphy_74

Soldier F:  I don't know if he is the oldest and most infirm but he was the one that was most caught out in previous inquiries.  Not just for stonewalling (as many others did) but for outright lies.   He changed his story multiple times, starting when he found out that ballistics tests were done on his rifle.

He is definitely the most open and shut case.

That said he and the other 3 soldiers with him did most of the killing and you wonder why they get off.

/Jim.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 14, 2019, 11:50:22 AM
Soldier F:  I don't know if he is the oldest and most infirm but he was the one that was most caught out in previous inquiries.  Not just for stonewalling (as many others did) but for outright lies.   He changed his story multiple times, starting when he found out that ballistics tests were done on his rifle.

That said he and the other 3 soldiers with him did most of the killing and you wonder why they get off.

/Jim.

2 of them are dead.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 14, 2019, 11:52:40 AM

/Jim.

2 of them are dead.

That rules them out then.

/Jim.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 14, 2019, 12:02:41 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 14, 2019, 11:52:40 AM

/Jim.

2 of them are dead.

That rules them out then.

/Jim.

There is an article in the Spectator today stating he was responsible for 4, not just the 2 they are able to charge him for.

Insane Bolt

Successive Irish governments have been spineless bastards in all of this.....then again that is no surprise either.