Dreambox

Started by Father Jack, January 09, 2014, 12:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Jack

Has anyone got one of these in the house instead of Sky?

Are they any good?

Christmas Lights

Are they the same as skybox? Not to be mistaken with BSKYB

Mickey Linden

I have one. Great job. It freezes the odd time but can put up with it considering the money ive saved!

Jonah

Under Lights

I didn't know we were allowed to discuss illegal goods on this forum.

heffo

Quote from: Under Lights on January 09, 2014, 03:28:54 PM
I didn't know we were allowed to discuss illegal goods on this forum.

Dreamboxes aren't illegal.

They are a FTA satellite receiver - if someone decides to modify them in some way to engage in illegal activity then that would be a different matter.

I've had one for 4 1/2 years - works perfect for me.

Father Jack

They are a box/receiver where you get all the channels that you would expect from sky and others.

I started this as I just got one installed recently.  Mines freezes quite often even though it is supposed to be working off 2 different servers.  Watching football on the sports channels is a disaster for freezing, has anyone else experienced the same.  Wouldn't mind it freezing the odd time but its sometimes hard to watch.  Thanks.

Father Jack

Also, don't actually think that they are illegal, just something that sky are not too keen on as it rips them off.  When I was giving off to sky how dear their packages are, they told me that I wouldn't get that choice for cheaper.  I said I'd see about that, and the Sky rep told me that if I got it cheaper anywhere to go ahead!  So they indirectly gave me permission to get a dreambox installed!!!!

God14

Jack - whats your internet speed?

Jonah

And how would one go about getting one of these and getting it hacked....
A friend wants to know.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Father Jack

Quote from: God14 on January 09, 2014, 05:06:56 PM
Jack - whats your internet speed?

Speed usually about 15 or 16 Mbps. Internet speed shouldn't be the problem. Not sure if sky have caught on to our man's frequencies or however they work it. During English football at the minute it skips/freezes a lot, might be sky copping on. Not as bad on other channels though but still jumps a bit. Installer mite change my box by the sounds of him soon.

Father Jack

Quote from: Jonah on January 09, 2014, 07:17:04 PM
And how would one go about getting one of these and getting it hacked....
A friend wants to know.

If you're up the north looking one, a friend of a friend might have a number for a boy who knows a boy, let me know sure!! ;)

BenDover

these boxes can be bought of eBay, amazon etc my mum has the SkyBox F5 which is £50 online. And I don't think getting a subscription would be to hard to come by with the help of Google. No point in paying someone else to do it when its fairly straight forward.

WeeDonns

Can you get RTE 1, RTE 2 & TG4 via them?
Is the signal received via a satelite dish or broadband?