?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

full back

Galwaybhoy, I hope you are a WUM, otherwise you are completely deluded
You have said in the last few days that Mc Geady is world class & John O Shea is under-rated
Take the green tinted glasses of FFS
While Mc Geady is a decent player, he is no more than that - if he was world class he would be in the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A
John O Shea is a squad player for Utd & does a job when needed, but you cant say he is under-rated if he is at a club like Utd

tintin25

Quote from: full back on November 29, 2007, 10:56:47 AM
You have said in the last few days that Mc Geady is world class & John O Shea is under-rated
While Mc Geady is a decent player, he is no more than that - if he was world class he would be in the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A
John O Shea is a squad player for Utd & does a job when needed, but you cant say he is under-rated if he is at a club like Utd

Agreed.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nifan on November 29, 2007, 10:40:24 AM
I aapologise, I read it as support for Lynchboy claiming it should be football only, and you did not state that

Celtic related fine, Football preferable, but trying to avoid the WUM thread killing rows that you and cohorts try to create on certain threads (such as you are doing on this one right now) and sticking to football instead of non-issues.
Thats my last line off topic and back to the general tone of the thread and decency - which all too many seem to miss.
again nifan , your underlying bred-in distruptive attitude seeps through to your posts.

McGeady has superb talent, but still is only 'getting there'. He was a headless chicken in years pas, and was too light and easily shoved off the ball.
However he is ending his pieces of great skill and superb runs with crosses/shots/passes now where he used to run up blind alleys, pass when he should shoot and shoot where he should have passed.
He has got a lot stronger and it now not as easy to shove off the ball.
If he played for an EPL side or england (even scotland) he would be lauded to the rafters as better than george best etc.
I certainly think and hope that McGeady can continue to improve and be a star player for Celtic and Ireland.
Damien duff was a similar headless chicken with no 'end product' for his early years too - I think McGeady can and will be even better !

nifan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 29, 2007, 11:52:38 AM
Celtic related fine, Football preferable, but trying to avoid the WUM thread killing rows that you and cohorts try to create on certain threads (such as you are doing on this one right now) and sticking to football instead of non-issues.
Thats my last line off topic and back to the general tone of the thread and decency - which all too many seem to miss.
again nifan , your underlying bred-in distruptive attitude seeps through to your posts.

my "underlying bred-in distruptive attitude seeps through to your posts" 
you talk some drivel, and seem to have some sort of bigoted opinion that all people of a certain backround are raised in the same way and deep down share the same opinion. Your frequent comments of reverting to type, bred-in etc highlight this. You have some shocking pre conceptions

Youll not i never posted the comment in the first place, nor commented on it  -some WUM
I just questioned your attitude when others have often commented on non footballing aspects of NI in the IFA thread and have saw nobody complaining.

Your initial comment even says "celtic fine" as far as i can see, uncomfortable as it may be EGs original post was very much celtic related.

corn02

McGeady, World Class? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: corn02 on November 29, 2007, 12:09:07 PM
McGeady, World Class? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard.
he's def not - well not yet, has showed up well at times but to be fair, there are some amount of absolutely sihte soccer players out there that are described as world class. A lot of them play for england or in the epl !

corn02

Could not agree more Lynchboy but they are still a class or two above McGeady. A patchy player at best who will never develop into the World Class bracket.

If the likes of Gerrard and Scholes are still not recognised by some as World Class, then it is an insult to even use McGeadys name in the same sentence.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: full back on November 29, 2007, 10:56:47 AM

Why would he leave a European giant such as Celtic, an illustrious club with huge ambitions of winning the Champions league this year and go to another club in the Premiership or La Liga etc.  I'm sure if he were to leave Celtic would be looking for at least £30m for him, at least.

Also with the likes of O'Shea, Given and McGeady on the Irish team, and many other very good players coming along, once we get a good manager such as Souness or John Aldridge not only will we be qualifying for more World Cups etc and we will also be very competitive in those tournaments.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: corn02 on November 29, 2007, 12:28:22 PM
Could not agree more Lynchboy but they are still a class or two above McGeady. A patchy player at best who will never develop into the World Class bracket.

If the likes of Gerrard and Scholes are still not recognised by some as World Class, then it is an insult to even use McGeadys name in the same sentence.
Cant say he wont, but the odds are stacked against him. Will he learn to his full potential under the coaching of Celtic's current and future staff ? Possibly under the current one as he is making the improvement (he def wouldnt under Martin O'Neill).
As for future coaches/managers at Celtic, who knows - unlikely though.
If McGeady transfers in the near future, then its then extremely unlikely he will ever reach his full potential, as he seems to be a slow enough learner. wing is a new position for him, but he is too small for the centre.

I think Gerrard and Scholes have def been recognised by the world as being top class international players.
There are so many more that are deemed to be that make me cringe.

The example I will leave is shaun maloney - the clamour for him to be recognised as 'world class' and the best young scots player , got him voted to be Scots player of the year. I fell out with a lot of Celtic and scotland suppoters over this (Temporarily).
the lad was fast, scored a couple of spectacular goals and was an all round headless chicken.
He had potential though, but went to Villa way too early and it now shows how unfinished he actually is.

I can see vast improvement in McGeady which is a great thing for Ireland and Celtic. Esp as he is getting better.
I dont care what label they put on him, as long as he does the business for us!

full back

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 29, 2007, 12:37:37 PM
Why would he leave a European giant such as Celtic, an illustrious club with huge ambitions of winning the Champions league this year and go to another club in the Premiership or La Liga etc.  I'm sure if he were to leave Celtic would be looking for at least £30m for him, at least.

Also with the likes of O'Shea, Given and McGeady on the Irish team, and many other very good players coming along, once we get a good manager such as Souness or John Aldridge not only will we be qualifying for more World Cups etc and we will also be very competitive in those tournaments.

:D :D
Now I know you are a WUM

Main Street

The McGeady world class hype is laughable.

Last night and in the other CL games demonstrates that he is achieving a consistant level of maturity and skill at the highest levels in Europe.
I didn´t see enough of him in earlier years to compare then with now.
In the 2nd half against Spartak his ability to take under control a hoof out of defense winning a free kick and taking all the pressure off was brilliant.
Last night he was tightly marked, not a lot of scope to create much but 2 or 3 brilliant moves, thats all that was needed.
Before I thought he was trying to do it all the time. Throughout the game he kept his composure very well. 

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

McGeady is changing into a very good player, but he is still young and has alot to do - but the improvement even this season for both Celtic and Ireland is there for all to see.
As for world class, I think Galwaybhoy is being a little tongue in cheek with that comment!  ;)
But becoming "world class" is not out of the question for him in the future, IMO he has the ability, only time will tell.

Back to last nights TREEEMENDOUS and FANTASTIC and MARVELOUS result - unfcuking believable!  ;D
I'm still walking around today with a smile from ear to ear.  ;D ;D ;D

Jezuz next week can't come soon enough!

HAIL HAIL
Tbc....

the milkman

McGeady will become a world class player. loads of ability and is now startin to put in the hard work to match it!
and so will Scott Brown!!!!!

Unreal last night, didnt think it was possible to get another late winner in front of the Jock Stein stand but the never give up!   And all without Naka, Wilson, Joel Doumbe and then JK. and Naylor going off, some result!

under the bar

QuoteIf the likes of Gerrard and Scholes are still not recognised by some as World Class, then it is an insult to even use McGeadys name in the same sentence.

Some might say it's an insult to Scholes to use Gerrard's name in the same sentance.

Rav67

The place went absolutely mad after that goal, despite so many late goals this season and last I didn't see that coming, a testament to the fighting spirit of Celtic especially with such a patched-up 11 on the pitch at the end.

McGeady was very good considering no-one really showed for him much down the wing, and Caldwell being a centre-half wasn't really overlapping to help him out much.  He's not quite yet but he will be a world-class player, he is finally beginning to add consistency to his game this past 2 months.