Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

AZOffaly

That tackle last night on Brown was absolutely disgusting. The Celtic lads should have clattered the sh1te out of that fella. It was easily as bad as Keane on Haaland.

Croí na hÉireann

Shocking tackle, credit to Brown for being able to take to the field after it, he'll be keeping an eye out for a rematch with that coward again no doubt. He was threading a fine line with some of his earlier tackles and a stricter ref would have at least booked him earlier. Have to say though, one of the best refereed matches I've seen in quite a while, let the game flow and got most of the going to ground and other decisions spot on.

Excellent performance from McGeady, his game is really coming on, great at making some room for a shot, but needs to put the ball in the corner, not down the throat of de keeper. Keeper, midfield and upfront were excellent but it was nearly undone by that defense. I think Kennedy is now feeling the strain of playing twice a week after being out for so long as he looked ropey last night. Hopefully getting Wilson or Doumbe back will give us balance but we definitely need some strengthing in this area in Jan...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

full back

Missed the tackle
Anyone got a link to it?

T Fearon

Anyone else think Mc Geady takes too much stick from the RTE Panellists? w**ker Dunphy was ridiculing him again last night and Giles normally has nothing good to say about Celtic (probably hasn't got over the defeat in the European Cup semi final all those years ago), Souness last night diplomatically said nothing (he must be in the frame to take over the manager's hotseat), and Brady the absolute failure as Manager at Parkhead, is normally not very complimentary towards the Bhopys either, though he wasn't there last night.

You almost get the feeling that they think no one playing in the SPL is good enough for Ireland

clarshack

o'herlihy was probably doing the most sniggering about mcgeady.

Rav67

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 07, 2007, 10:02:42 AM
is it not a 3-0 win to shaktar they need?
Still will be hard enough winning let alone scoring 3 !

3-0 will see us all-but through but 2-0 should be enough (I think) as that would match Shaktar on head-to-head and then Celtic should have a better goal difference given the hammering Shaktar took from Milan.

T Fearon

Incidentally ordered the new book to-day about George Connelly. Older Celts will remember him as an outstanding talent who couldn't hack the pressures of football and literally walked out on Celtic and a professional career. Should be an interesting read

magpie seanie

QuoteThat tackle last night on Brown was absolutely disgusting. The Celtic lads should have clattered the sh1te out of that fella. It was easily as bad as Keane on Haaland.

It was actually far worse in my opinion than the famed Keane/Haaland "tackle" but amazingly no outcry of condemnation thus far from the anti bad tackle lynch mob. The Celtic player was very lucky. You could just see his ankle roll over slightly or skid at the point of impact and that saved him. It will be interesting to see what ban the perpetrator gets.

AZOffaly

Quotebut amazingly no outcry of condemnation thus far from the anti bad tackle lynch mob

Is that not what I've just done? Or am I not in the lynch mob? :D

magpie seanie

No - you're not one I'd class in that category.

ludermor

Seanie in fairness now, do you expect people to comment on every bad tackle?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 07, 2007, 02:59:59 PM
No - you're not one I'd class in that category.
thought Keanes 'challenge' was a cracker meself. Certainly woul dhave been proud of that one if I was out to get someone back.
His only fault was it was just way too conspicuous - he's a bit of an amateur imo because of that !

Yer man was booked earlier last night , and could have seen red earlier if the ref was that way inclined (if the player wore a celtic jersey and was playing against rangers in the spl)

magpie seanie

QuoteSeanie in fairness now, do you expect people to comment on every bad tackle?

Well it was a lot more than a "bad tackle" and given the bleating about the Keane/Haaland one you'd expect the same people to have a view on a worse and more dangerous one.

ludermor

Put your pistol back in the holster!

to me it was a bad tackle.very bad.

T Fearon

It was bad alright but the player got the red card,as he deserved, and Scott Brown is ok so move on.

Is there a better feel good tune to play immediately after a goal than the Fratelli's Chelsea Dagger, as done at Paradise? I don't think so!