Ulster Under 21 Football Club Championship (at Creggan)

Started by drici, December 12, 2010, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomtask

who are mayobridge's most recognizable players ? Anyone want to make a stab at pre-tournament favorites?

paddy g

Draw takes place on thursday 29th December in Kickhams Creggan GAC. Invite will be sent to Mayobridge (secretary) today

Link

Ballinderry won at st. pauls 3 years ago but from what i remember all their games were very close. Dungiven beat them in derry this year, again another tight game. That omagh team have to be a good side, they beat dungiven two years ago in the minor competition and have a few very good players including O'Neill who is on the tyrone mckenna cup panel.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: randomtask on December 20, 2011, 11:54:48 PM
who are mayobridge's most recognizable players ? Anyone want to make a stab at pre-tournament favorites?

I reakon Mayobridge or Omagh will win it, two very well balanced sides. The Bridges main men are Kevin McClorey, Shane McNamee, Kieth Quinn, Conleth OHare and Ryan Brady.

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

paddy g

At this stage dates are provisional with a start date on the weekend of 21/22 January. The competition is expected to be played out by the end of February. Competitions such as McKenna Cup and National league fixtures need to be considered.

The Doire Geal

Preliminary Round
Cullyhanna (Armagh) V Belcoo O'Rahilly's (Fermanagh)

Quarter Final
Scotstown (Monaghan) V Omagh St. Enda's (Tyrone)

Kickhams Creggan (Antrim) V Cullyhanna (Armagh) Or Belcoo O'Rahilly's (Fermanagh)

Mayobridge (Down) V Assan Gaels (Cavan)

Kilcar (Donegal) v St. Canice's Dungiven (Derry)

blueannavy

The Doire Geal

Quote from: blueannavy on December 30, 2011, 11:06:08 PM
Any dates set out yet for the games ?

Preliminary Round 

Belcoo O'Rahilly's Vs St. Patricks Cullyhanna 

Sunday 22nd January 

Throw-in 2:30pm 

First Quarter Final 

Kickhams Creggan Vs Preliminary Round Winner

Sunday 29th January

Throw-in 12:45pm

Second Quarter Final

St. Patricks Mayobridge Vs Assan Gaels

Sunday 29th January

Third Quarter Final

Scotstown Vs St.Endas Omagh

Sunday 5th February

Throw-in 12:45pm 

Forth Quarter Final

St Canices Dungiven Vs Kilcar

Sunday 5th February

Magicsponge

Just out of interest how many of these teams played in the St Pauls minor championship 4 years ago (or was it 3, when these players were in their last year minor). Anyway Ballinderry won it that year I think, so that would mean Dungiven weren't there.

The Doire Geal

Ballinderry won, Dungiven played the following year, getting beat by Omagh in the semi by 2 or 3 points

Magicsponge

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2012, 04:25:42 PM
Quote from: Magicsponge on January 04, 2012, 03:58:05 PM
Just out of interest how many of these teams played in the St Pauls minor championship 4 years ago (or was it 3, when these players were in their last year minor). Anyway Ballinderry won it that year I think, so that would mean Dungiven weren't there.
21-18= ???

When you put it like that it seems a whole lot easier to work out :)
I was trying to figure it out by working through the last few winners until I got to Ballinderry, I was including Glen in that list when maybe I shouldn't have.

So 4 teams won again 3 years later; Belcoo, Creggan, Mayobridge and Scotstown. Thanks

intheknowhow

Makes for a very interesting competition so. Scotstown and Omagh been the pick of the matches. At this grade 3 years ago Scotstown reached the final against Ballinderry and were indeed unlucky. From what i understand they have 2 county senior players and 5 county u 21s. Enough i feel to be taken very seriously? I feel whoever wins that match will win the competition. Dungiven and mayobridge been the only other reallistic contenders. great to see all the countys participating and hopefully a very competative exciting competition

drici

fitzroyalty