The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: trailer on April 01, 2023, 11:13:34 PM
Loserpool have really kicked on since their victory against Utd

That result and Liverpool's demise since makes United performance look even more embarrassing from that day.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 01, 2023, 11:31:12 PM

That result and Liverpool's demise since makes United performance look even more embarrassing from that day.

Talk me through that spin?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2023, 11:51:42 PM

United were beyond humiliated by a team that has struggled all season. No spin here, just cold hard fachts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsg0KiLkzHU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 02, 2023, 12:01:54 AM

United were beyond humiliated by a team that has struggled all season. No spin here, just cold hard fachts.

Would the league table not be cold hard facts?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2023, 12:07:21 AM

It is, but it doesnt write off the 7-0 either.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 02, 2023, 12:21:09 AM

So, if Liverpool were 3rd but lost 7-0 you'd rather be 6th? Could you write that off to be in a better position?

From the Bunker

I see MTR2 and Trailer have set up shop here! The 7-0 humiliation from a team on the way down against a team on the up still wrangles with them. This is only natural because they are true Man u fans. It was only a game lads, A humiliation yes, but only 3 points gained or lost and a dent on goal difference.

Measuring other things in the season is neither here nor there unless you are winning the league.

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2023, 12:45:41 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 02, 2023, 12:21:09 AM

So, if Liverpool were 3rd but lost 7-0 you'd rather be 6th? Could you write that off to be in a better position?

In all honestly the 7-0 will live far far longer in the memory of both sets of fans than the fact that United finish 3rd and Liverpool 5th or whatever it turns out to be.

trailer

Ah yes.. the 7-0 cup. Add it to other great trophies such as the net spend cup and the let's furlough our staff shield.

laoislad

Lads I wouldn't be concerned what those two insecure muppets  think, but the fact they are obviously still fuming over it makes it hilarious 😂. The worst Liverpool have been in years and we beat them 7-0.
After the last few seasons of winning every trophy possible, this season has been a come down alright and we have to take the banter on the chin,  and if that's the only highlight of the season then it was a pretty decent highlight to have.

Anyway moving on, if we have any hope of 4th we'd want Man United and Everton both to win their games this weekend 😬. Unlike those Everton fans (and possibly a lot of Man United fans)who would rather be relegated than see Liverpool win I hope both the above win their games against Newcastle and Spurs.
Our next two games will tell a lot if we have any appetite for a fight,though yesterdays performance would suggest we don't.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on April 02, 2023, 10:30:41 AM
Ah yes.. the 7-0 cup. Add it to other great trophies such as the net spend cup and the let's furlough our staff shield.

4th place getting a bit tight for you boys. If somehow yous manage to throw it away at this stage it'll be a complete disaster.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 02, 2023, 07:11:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 02, 2023, 10:30:41 AM

4th place getting a bit tight for you boys. If somehow yous manage to throw it away at this stage it'll be a complete disaster.

Hopefully they don't get 4th .. Thursday night football is best

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on April 02, 2023, 11:07:52 AM
Lads I wouldn't be concerned what those two insecure muppets  think, but the fact they are obviously still fuming over it makes it hilarious 😂. The worst Liverpool have been in years and we beat them 7-0.
After the last few seasons of winning every trophy possible, this season has been a come down alright and we have to take the banter on the chin,  and if that's the only highlight of the season then it was a pretty decent highlight to have.

Anyway moving on, if we have any hope of 4th we'd want Man United and Everton both to win their games this weekend 😬. Unlike those Everton fans (and possibly a lot of Man United fans)who would rather be relegated than see Liverpool win I hope both the above win their games against Newcastle and Spurs.
Our next two games will tell a lot if we have any appetite for a fight,though yesterdays performance would suggest we don't.

I personally don't think Liverpool were as bad as the reports. How a game is going is not judged by possession or even shots, it's by how likely to score does each team look. At 0-0, we were as likely to score as they were. Same at 1-0 up. And same at 1-1 for the last 20 mins of the first half. There were very few clear cut chances in the first half, and I thought we were slightly more likely to score than them. And at 1-0 up we had a chance to go 2-0 up, and then they immediately equalized.

The early goal in the second half was a killer and when the third went in shortly after our goose was cooked. Albeit if we'd got the next goal to go 3-2, it would have been game on, and Gakpo at that stage was looking dangerous. What was needed at that stage was just Darwin on for Jota, but instead Klopp made 4 subs at once. We just lost all cohesion. 4 minutes later it was 4-1 and we were completely and utterly played off the park for the last 20 minutes.

It's hard to put the finger on what exactly is gone wrong this season. As a unit we're not working as hard as last year, but very hard to point a finger at any individuals to say they are not working.  Virgil is way off his best, Ali is probably a bit off, Fab is well off. I think opposition teams have found ways to blunt Robbo and Trent.

I really think Klopp needs to be a bit more open minded. Our midfield is not going well.  At right back we have a truly fantastic footballer who is a shit defender.  And he was really shit again yesterday defensively  - particularly being completely out of sync with the other 3 re the offside line. What could we lose by playing him in midfield for a few games? We wouldn't be worse in midfield and we certainly wouldn't be worse defensively in the right back area. You could argue we might lose assists from the RB position, but not this season as we've got feck all assists from RB.

J70

United are really setting the world alight themselves, aren't they? :D