The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 20, 2020, 02:57:31 PM
Disagree. Id be happy with the Prem. Either fa cup or another champs league be a great bonus but its when ye start talkin about doubles and trebles ye get accused of losin the run of yourself. Also history shows that its pretty hard to win consecutive champs leagues. And the fact that pool are now in a great position to compete for next season or two again will keep most happy.  #mytuppence
+1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Premier League is the Priority. All else is bonus! Doubles, Trebles and Domestic Cups are all nice and I want them to be won. But this year Klopp has done what he was brought in to do!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 20, 2020, 03:08:52 PM
Premier League is the Priority. All else is bonus! Doubles, Trebles and Domestic Cups are all nice and I want them to be won. But this year Klopp has done what he was brought in to do!

Yes It's all about the premier league this year. As you say anything else is a bonus.

brokencrossbar1

I agree with all that has been said about the PL but another reality is that it can be won in a matter of weeks. Should we get past Athletico in the second leg, which won't be easy, then the league can be wrapped up before the next round. Why not focus then on winning Big Ears again?

dec

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 20, 2020, 03:46:48 PM
I agree with all that has been said about the PL but another reality is that it can be won in a matter of weeks. Should we get past Athletico in the second leg, which won't be easy, then the league can be wrapped up before the next round. Why not focus then on winning Big Ears again?

and the game before the second leg is Bournemouth at home so if any of the first choice need a rest then they could have it.

J70

Absolutely.

As ridiculous as it sounds, from where things stand right now, it would be a bit of an anticlimax to go out of Europe (and even the FA Cup) even if we get the league wrapped up.
Could be looking at the last two months of the season with nothing to play for!

A rip-roaring victory over Atletico in front of a wild Anfield crowd would set them up nicely for the rest of the season.

BennyCake

Quote from: J70 on February 20, 2020, 04:03:10 PM

Absolutely.

As ridiculous as it sounds, from where things stand right now, it would be a bit of an anticlimax to go out of Europe (and even the FA Cup) even if we get the league wrapped up.

A rip-roaring victory over Atletico in front of a wild Anfield crowd would set them up nicely for the rest of the season.

Yep.

I'd be going half arsed for the rest of the PL, and go get CL again. I'd say no other team left in CL can afford to take it as easy as them. Would be such a waste if Liverpool couldn't capitalise on their healthy position.

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on February 20, 2020, 04:03:10 PM

Absolutely.

This!!

Back when Utd used to be good  :) there was a couple of times they won the league at a canter, one that springs to mind is the year after the treble when they won by 17 points but the overall feeling was one of disappointment or emptyness.

I understand Liverpool's priority was PL and this season will be a success based on that but when ur on top u go for the throat cause u never know when the chance will come around again....

GiveItToTheShooters

The mancs on this thread are the only ones talking sense. Some Liverpool fans need to catch themselves on a bit.
League is as good as done, so Liverpool should and will go all out for the CL again. Season would still be a success if we don't win CL but to basically say it wouldn't be a big deal if we were knocked out is ridiculous. Liverpool are the best team in the world and need to strike when the iron's hot.

rodney trotter

They should be looking to emulate the United 99 treble season . United won the title that year on 79 pts. Liverpool are currently on 76 pts . Its been argued that its not a strong Pl this season. Liverpool going unbeaten in the League would be a big achievement though.

RedHand88

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 21, 2020, 02:14:33 AM
They should be looking to emulate the United 99 treble season . United won the title that year on 79 pts. Liverpool are currently on 76 pts . Its been argued that its not a strong Pl this season. Liverpool going unbeaten in the League would be a big achievement though.

I'm nearly sure fergies highest ever total was 92pts or there abouts. In 2016 Leicester got 81pts and won the league by 10 points. This is not a weak league, the last few years has been the strongest league there's ever been.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 21, 2020, 07:59:03 AM

I'm nearly sure fergies highest ever total was 92pts or there abouts. In 2016 Leicester got 81pts and won the league by 10 points. This is not a weak league, the last few years has been the strongest league there's ever been.

Do you think its been the strongest league ever? Liverpool these past two seasons have been amazing, but the rest bar City last year have been dung, I suppose that's not Liverpool's fault but I wouldn't be putting statements like that about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 21, 2020, 07:59:03 AM

4 European Finalists last season and all clubs still involved in Europe this season... not bad going for clubs from such a weak league...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.