The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Thought Zebo was shocking today. Played like he got a bang to the head or drank 14 pints just before.

AZOffaly

Zebo gets a hard time off ye boys. Is he keeping a lad from Ulster out of the team?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 25, 2017, 10:41:15 PM
Zebo gets a hard time off ye boys. Is he keeping a lad from Ulster out of the team?

He did have a difficult day no??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 25, 2017, 10:41:15 PM

Don't know what you mean by "ye boys". I like Zebo think he is creative, however he had a shocker today. He watched a ball run into touch with no one near him in the second half, when it was far easier to collect, try to attack or even kick to gain territory. Did not look fit, he did take a fair bang when a French lad tried to run over him early on.
We do not put much width on the ball and take the ball into contact from standing starts.

AZOffaly

I'm joking. Zebo is a very good finisher, like Earls. But he has lost a bit of pace, seems to have a big arse and cannot blow past people at international level. I still like him at Munster, but maybe full back is his best position now.

Darren Sweetnam might take his spot on the wing at Munster.

screenexile

Thought McGrath had a very poor day today gave away maybe 4 penalties in all?? Also dropped a very crucial ball when we were piling pressure on their line.

We didn't execute as well as we could have today but did enough to get over the line and in truth bar the first 20 mins or so we were rarely in danger.

As suspected the result against Scotland was an anomaly more than something we should come to expect (serious amount of over reacting I think we'll all agree), but the autumn and the last 2 matches will all be for nothing if we don't beat Wales. For this teams progression I think it's vital we take it down to a winner take all match agains the English. I really fancy us in that scenario so hopefully all goes well in Cardiff!

screenexile

England will win but it's hilarious watching them scratching around in The dark about this tackle/ruck situation... O'Shea is a shrewd boy!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

"I'm the referee, not a coach."
:)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on February 26, 2017, 04:49:01 PM
"I'm the referee, not a coach."
:)
Very funny watching Haskell and Hartley. Dumb and dumber.

screenexile

Jones is a horrible bastard!!

AZOffaly

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2017, 06:50:17 PM
What did Italy do?

They would tackle and then not form a ruck which meant they couldn't be offside and then flooded round the scrum half not allowing him to get the ball away as usual.

It confused the f**k out of the English to the point where Haskell asked the ref what he should do and Poite answered briliantly "I am the referee, not your coach!"

England found a way though and after the game Jones came out and said "it's not Rugby" and there's a few dicks on twitter backing him such as that clampet Dawson!!

Maroon Manc

Limited knowledge of Rugby but Zebo looks petrified anytime he has the ball in an attacking situation, any decent wingers coming through to threaten Zebo and Earls as its a position Ireland look like their lacking a bit of class at this level.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 26, 2017, 07:48:53 PM
Limited knowledge of Rugby but Zebo looks petrified anytime he has the ball in an attacking situation, any decent wingers coming through to threaten Zebo and Earls as its a position Ireland look like their lacking a bit of class at this level.

We have some superb wingers coming through. Sweetnam, Byrne, O'Loughlin. Then younger ones being Stockdale and Jordan Larmour from the u20s