If Cork win on Sunday they are team of the decade

Started by Mike Sheehy, June 06, 2009, 05:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

I think that Cork might upset the odds on Sunday. Not to worry, a few easy games against weaker counties like  Monaghan, Armagh and Tyrone will see us right.

Whats interesting though,  is how Cork will become team of the decade if they win. One of my fellow countymen pointed out this interesting fact...Tyrone cheated, cough, I mean, beat us in 2003, 2005 and 2008. Cork beat us in 2002, 2006 and 2008.  Now we all know that the number of AI won in the decade does not determine the team of the decade and its only head-to-head games against Kerry that count. Therefore if Cork win then they are team of the decade

armaghniac

Ah you are too cute MS, but good try. Cork have never beaten Kerry in the AI in this period, only in the worthless mickey mouse Munster championship.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rrhf

Munster team of the decade wouldnt exactlly carry much weight elsewhere.  enjoy your game. 

Tyrone Dreamer

Can you not at least come up with your own idea's instead of taking stuff directly from the hoganstand?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 06, 2009, 10:54:00 AM
Can you not at least come up with your own idea's instead of taking stuff directly from the hoganstand?

You mean it's not just pathetic but plagiarised too?!  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

It's good to see that Mike is conceding early that Kerry is going to have another bad year in the Championship ;)
Testing Accessibility

time ticking away

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 06, 2009, 05:15:23 AM
I think that Cork might upset the odds on Sunday. Not to worry, a few easy games against weaker counties like  Monaghan, Armagh and Tyrone will see us right.

Whats interesting though,  is how Cork will become team of the decade if they win. One of my fellow countymen pointed out this interesting fact...Tyrone cheated, cough, I mean, beat us in 2003, 2005 and 2008. Cork beat us in 2002, 2006 and 2008.  Now we all know that the number of AI won in the decade does not determine the team of the decade and its only head-to-head games against Kerry that count. Therefore if Cork win then they are team of the decade
well done though, you got a lot of responses from seasoned posters
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Aaron Boone

Cork are going for their 34th Munster title this year, Kerry their 73rd.

longrunsthefox

Will it be like last September Kerry called it a game to decide team of the decade an when the lost again to Tyrone they decided it didn't show who was the best team  ::)

Mike Sheehy

Farrandeelin

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 06, 2009, 05:58:22 PM
Will it be like last September Kerry called it a game to decide team of the decade an when the lost again to Tyrone they decided it didn't show who was the best team  ::)

Well unless Tyrone win the AI this year, Kerry will be team of the decade.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

time ticking away

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 06, 2009, 07:35:58 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 06, 2009, 05:58:22 PM

Well unless Tyrone win the AI this year, Kerry will be team of the decade.
i hope tyrone win this years all ireland and i dont give a sh*te who anybody thinks has been the team of the decade. As long as tyrone are the team of 2009
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......