Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedFlanders

Ladies and Gentlemen, Ned Flanders Is Back And As Always At Your Service ;)
Great result on sat night, brilliant feeling gettin one over on those apple picking so and so's, even tho it was hard thought and unreal
Clarke piking up and injury gave our boys a boost in my eyes, coulter back to his best and with championship approacing, timing couldn be better :)
To gain promotion in his 1st season for wee james is an incredable achievement, and knowmatter what happens in championship, this can surely be called a successfull season?

I would love a crack at armagh in an Ulster decider, but then again based on sat night, who wouldnt ;)

Armagh Cúchulainns

Lads,

looking directions to ballygalgets home pitch?

PM me or leave a reply

Cheers

A.C
Its all about the Hurling.

western exile

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on March 23, 2010, 04:51:05 PM
Lads,

PM me or leave a reply

Cheers

A.C
It is on their website  ;)   

http://www.gaelsport.com/html/club/newLocation.jsp?c=184

or

www.ballygalgetgac.net

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: EagleLord on March 23, 2010, 12:18:33 AM
What are Down chances of getting 3 Ulster U21 championships in a row? I think Tyrone have done that before have they?

It wont be easy. Down have a tricky test in Breffni on Wednesday and if successful would face a fancied Monaghan or Antrim in the simi final. If the team click and play to their potential they wont be far away. Many off last years squad are overage but there is some very competent players among Neil Collins' charges.

goldenyears

U21s supposed to be poor - got hiding by senior squad members last week - an absolute mauling I hear!

johnneycool

Quote from: western exile on March 23, 2010, 05:45:22 PM
Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on March 23, 2010, 04:51:05 PM
Lads,

PM me or leave a reply

Cheers

A.C
It is on their website  ;)   

http://www.gaelsport.com/html/club/newLocation.jsp?c=184

or

www.ballygalgetgac.net

Those directions aren't too bad and should get you there fine.

If youv'e de old sat nav the psot code is BT22 1NE

supersub

Quote from: goldenyears on March 23, 2010, 11:37:42 PM
U21s supposed to be poor - got hiding by senior squad members last week - an absolute mauling I hear!

Any word on the team for tonight?

Long Ball

Does anyone know the date for the NFL 2 Final so I can make arrangements (Assuming we are there of course)
Drive yer boot in her!!

mournerambler

Quote from: Long Ball on March 24, 2010, 04:20:42 PM
Does anyone know the date for the NFL 2 Final so I can make arrangements (Assuming we are there of course)

According to the GAA master fixtures plan, Division 1 & 2 NFL finals are on Sunday 25th April, i'd imagine it'll be a double header in Croke Park like last year.

No hoper

Quote from: supersub on March 24, 2010, 12:38:02 PM
Quote from: goldenyears on March 23, 2010, 11:37:42 PM

1. K Gordan
2. O Costello
3. D Turley
4. R McGovern
5. D O'Hagen
6. M Higgens
7. C Poland
8. R Digney
9 A McArdle
10 P Devlin
11. C Harrison
12 B Kane
13. P McPolin
14 E Toner
15 J Conelly

Out in Front

[/quote]
1. K Gordan
2. O Costello
3. D Turley
4. R McGovern
5. D O'Hagen
6. M Higgens
7. C Poland
8. R Digney
9 A McArdle
10 P Devlin
11. C Harrison
12 B Kane
13. P McPolin
14 E Toner
15 J Conelly
[/quote]

Would any of these players be expected to step up to the senior squad when they exit the U21 championship, whenever that may be?

dundrumite

Quote from: Out in Front on March 24, 2010, 04:58:53 PM

1. K Gordan
2. O Costello
3. D Turley
4. R McGovern
5. D O'Hagen
6. M Higgens
7. C Poland
8. R Digney
9 A McArdle
10 P Devlin
11. C Harrison
12 B Kane
13. P McPolin
14 E Toner
15 J Conelly
[/quote]

Would any of these players be expected to step up to the senior squad when they exit the U21 championship, whenever that may be?
[/quote]

I honestly wouldn't think it. Although I haven't seen a few of the lads in action I can not say for definite. However, I do think Poland and Devlin may feature in the next couple of years. Maybe a difference betweeen Down and other counites as I see in paper Monagan had as many as 4 players in their senior squad on Sunday. Think they are taking a bad beating, see in another thread its 2-14 to 1-08.

DownFanatic

U-21's got a complete hoking.

In the Onion Bag

Cadbury Ulster U21FC quarter-finals- Live Scores , Fixtures &  Results Wednesday 24 March

Cavan 3-14 1-08 Down,  Kingspan Breffni Park FT  (doubt being expressed on whether Down scored a goal)  What a hammering.

Mourne Rover

It's a very long time since a Down team lost a championship match by 12 points, and apparently our goal was the last kick of the night. Underage games can be a bit unpredictable, but we won by two points when the same sides met in the preliminary round of the 07 MFC. Unless they were injured, it was surprising that the likes of Ben O'Reilly and Christy Killen did not start. Good luck to Cavan though, as I don't think they have ever won an under 21 Ulster title.