Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Quote from: dodgy umpire on March 21, 2010, 12:35:57 PM
Well, i suppose Marty (after three years AFL training and playing matches against far bigger and tougher opposition .. youtube Marty Clarke KO..) could have suffered the ribs injury through a tackle. But it most likely was the result of being consistently targeted by the hateful Mc Keever who was out to damage Marty even before the whistle went. I think it was Leo who asked the question earlier, how can true Armagh Gaels defend this?

dodgy umpire I had assumed that seeing you were calling McKeever a "cynical sc**bag" that you had actually seen him doing something as opposed to just surmising that based on the fact that Clarke somehow picked up an injury.

As I repeatedly said on this thread, I didn't see how Clarke picked up the injury, but in the absence of anyone else knowing how the injury was picked up perhaps we can go easy on the cucifixion of Ciaran McKeever.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Well, i suppose Marty (after three years AFL training and playing matches against far bigger and tougher opposition .. youtube Marty Clarke KO..) could have suffered the ribs injury through a tackle. But it most likely was the result of being consistently targeted by the hateful Mc Keever who was out to damage Marty even before the whistle went. I think it was Leo who asked the question earlier, how can true Armagh Gaels defend this?

So basically what you're saying is that you don't know, but you're perfectly happen to slander and vilify an amateur footballer behind an anonymous username on an internet forum based on what you think might have happened?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mournerambler

Glad to see Armagh got what they deserved in Pairc Esler last night, some of the crap written on here by the Armagh faithful makes the victory that little bit sweeter & as for thon tr@@p McKeever, what more would you expect from a pig other than a grunt.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: mournerambler on March 21, 2010, 02:48:15 PM
Glad to see Armagh got what they deserved in Pairc Esler last night, some of the crap written on here by the Armagh faithful makes the victory that little bit sweeter & as for thon tr@@p McKeever, what more would you expect from a pig other than a grunt.

Subjecting players to personal attacks like this one and the one by Trevor Hill has no place on a GAA website; maybe you should post on OWC or some similiar site.
Incidentally, would either of you have the balls to call Ciaran McKeever a pig or a kn**ker to his face?
Getting back to the match, Armagh can have no excuses; out-played and out-thought on the field and on the line. When O'Rourke was appointed team manager, I was always worried about our first meeting with Down.
"Stercus accidit"

mournerambler

Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 21, 2010, 03:02:36 PM

Subjecting players to personal attacks like this one and the one by Trevor Hill has no place on a GAA website; maybe you should post on OWC or some similiar site.
Incidentally, would either of you have the balls to call Ciaran McKeever a pig or a kn**ker to his face?
Getting back to the match, Armagh can have no excuses; out-played and out-thought on the field and on the line. When O'Rourke was appointed team manager, I was always worried about our first meeting with Down.

Subjecting players to bully boy tactics on the field of play has no place on a GAA field & btw this is not a GAA website, it is a discussion forum based mostly on GAA activities.
Not sure why it's that important for you to know if i'd say that to McKeever face to face but for what it's worth, yes I would, I don't see why talented footballers like him, McMenamin from Tyrone is another that springs to mind, have to resort to the sort of hardman tactics we see them use in nearly every game they play in, now that is something there is no place for in GAA Sandy Hill!

Sandy Hill

Quote from: mournerambler on March 21, 2010, 03:34:34 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 21, 2010, 03:02:36 PM

Subjecting players to bully boy tactics on the field of play has no place on a GAA field & btw this is not a GAA website, it is a discussion forum based mostly on GAA activities.Not sure why it's that important for you to know if i'd say that to McKeever face to face but for what it's worth, yes I would, I don't see why talented footballers like him, McMenamin from Tyrone is another that springs to mind, have to resort to the sort of hardman tactics we see them use in nearly every game they play in, now that is something there is no place for in GAA Sandy Hill!

??? ???

Down's No 12, Carney?, should have walked for his attempted strike with the elbow on Finian Moriarty!

It's hard to take positives from last night's game but I thought that the performances from following players gives something to work on - Mallon, Donaghy, Duffy, McKeever(apart from his shenanigans), Moriarty, Toner(Armagh's MOTM?), Swift, McDonnell and Forker(why was he taken off?) and I'd still persist a while longer with Henderson who shouldn't have been taken off either.
"Stercus accidit"

AFS

Some Down supporters letting themselves down here. Big day for them, their team puts in a fine performances, beating their fiercest rivals for the first time in a generation to continue their upwards curve. Despite this, some seem fixated on thinking up novel ways to abuse an amateur sportsman from the cowardly comforts of anonymity. Says a lot about the character of a person when these are the things he chooses to focus on.

centrefield

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 21, 2010, 10:29:15 AM
Not suprised by McKeevers behaviour last night. He's a good advertisment for GAA. Though I also thank him for his stupidity in 2005 when he fouled Stevie O'Neill and allowed Canavan to point the winner and put the final nail in Armaghs coffin as a footballing force.

Down to be the new emerging force in Ulster.
i really doubt that to be honest...also on the clarke scenario some people on this forum must think he was down in austrailia for a holiday id say he got hit harder in any training session down under than he did last night...all players are involved in off the ball contact so  it is under to label mckeever as the only culprit

fan01

mckeever is a genuine, good hard hitting player. he can take as much as he gives. i don't think there is any need in calling mckeever all these name. it a total disgrace so get into your own pig sty and grunt away yourself.

down players need to also take a reality check, they are NO angels..

fitzroyalty

Quote from: AFS on March 21, 2010, 04:05:08 PM
Some Down supporters letting themselves down here. Big day for them, their team puts in a fine performances, beating their fiercest rivals for the first time in a generation to continue their upwards curve. Despite this, some seem fixated on thinking up novel ways to abuse an amateur sportsman from the cowardly comforts of anonymity. Says a lot about the character of a person when these are the things he chooses to focus on.
x2
Not like me to be defending a Cullyhanna man but some of the shite being spouted here by the aristocrats really puts things into perspective. kn**ker, sc**bag, tr**p; have you's any grace in victory at all?  ::) (which BTW you were full value for; by far the superior team) I also wonder can any of you actually speak with authority and highlight precisely the incident where McKeever actually broke Clarke's ribs?

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 21, 2010, 12:57:29 PM

dodgy umpire I had assumed that seeing you were calling McKeever a "cynical sc**bag" that you had actually seen him doing something as opposed to just surmising that based on the fact that Clarke somehow picked up an injury.

As I repeatedly said on this thread, I didn't see how Clarke picked up the injury, but in the absence of anyone else knowing how the injury was picked up perhaps we can go easy on the cucifixion of Ciaran McKeever.

Ok, if you want the details, Clarke was down on the floor being treated by the physio, McKeever went up to him and stood over him while he was receiving attention. When Clarke got back up McKeever immediatly targeted his ribs. That is cynical
The Boys in Red and Black are back

fan01

it takes two to tango. wise-up, good-luck hope you's go on ahead and win division 2. it will be short lived..

goh4205

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 21, 2010, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: AFS on March 21, 2010, 04:05:08 PM
x2
Not like me to be defending a Cullyhanna man but some of the shite being spouted here by the aristocrats really puts things into perspective. kn**ker, sc**bag, tr**p; have you's any grace in victory at all?  ::) (which BTW you were full value for; by far the superior team) I also wonder can any of you actually speak with authority and highlight precisely the incident where McKeever actually broke Clarke's ribs?
Fitz you are absolutely right, it was an armagh half forward who done the damage when Clarke & him both clashed.
The incident involving McKeever & Clarke while he got treatment wasn't the reason he had to go off, it was from the clash as per above.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Pangurban on March 20, 2010, 11:55:23 PM
Great Down performance, in which every Man played his part. Mc Keever is an absolute disgrace, and should not be seen on any Football field for a long time, after his actions tonight. Armagh are a second rate outfit, reliant on too many old stalwarts whose best days are behind them. That along with a totally incompetent Manager, will ensure a short summer for them. As for Down, the future is Rosy, and the return of aristocratic football will be welcomed by all lovers of the game
elaborate..

Brick Tamlin

Clarke's ribs/chest werent 100% going into the game last night. He was involved in a collision early on in play and thus had to get treated. The constant niggling and odd rabbit punch didnt help but id doubt it broke any bones. He was taken to hospital as a cautionary measure there and then as unseen internal injuries can be dangerous and it was best to get checked out.

Mc Keever is a fine footballer when he wants to be but has to be said that he lets his team down when he plays the panto villain and loses the run of himself. Have no idea what he was trying to achieve last night but his head certainly wasnt in playing football, if ye were his team-mate or manager you would have to question the mentality of the guy.

On the game itself and from a Down perspective i would be very pleased at the final result and performance overall. I thought the referee was quite fussy but he was for both teams and was generally in control of the game. The sending off definitely had a bearing on the result but sometimes decisions like that go for ye, other days against ye. I did think that an Armagh man would walk sooner or later for numerous personal fouls.

Armagh are not as bad a team as some would have you believe but i do think they have a few problems. Their manager looked completely clueless at times and id definitely question sending on a clearly unfit Charlie Voronin and a few of his other substitutions and switches.

A good result for Down and we keep moving forward.