Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on June 09, 2017, 11:06:19 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on June 09, 2017, 10:06:29 AM
I got the IPTV from a crowd on Facebook, Elite something or other. Sent a USB in the post to update my Zgemma box, but it isn't great. The sky sports are back on, BT Sport isn't on it. Most of the entertainment on it, no Sky One or Atlantic though. Movies are inconsistent as well.

I messaged the fella the first night, he said they were updating servers. Messaged him again yesterday, no reply. Good job I only paid £10 for the first month.

I signed up for IPTV (zgemma box) about a week or so ago and my experience couldn't be any different. Full working EPG, still able to record etc, all channels working flawlessly, all the main sports and movie channels in FHD. American Channels, all footie, ppv and a comprehensive VOD section.

Who are you with Boycey and how much is he charging?  Now that you have used it more and obviously say its very good, I wouldn't mind getting in touch with him.  I have a friend who does them and is giving me a months trial tonight though, but not entirely confident on how good this will run via him as I ad the zgemma through him initially years ago and it didn't run well.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trueblue1234

What would be the best box to get to run IPTV?

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Boycey

I'd be loathe to recommend anyone at the present after all it is still only a week but I'll tell yis how I went about it if you like. I use the website techkings.org as its a been a great help to me learning about zgemma builds and the like. Register on there and scroll down the forum to IPTV and in there under IPTV Guides, Support and Discussion you can request an IPTV server. I was messaged within 24hrs by up to a dozen suppliers and tested a few lines free for 24 hours and picked a fellow I thought sounded the most plausible.

I was advised to pick someone who had plenty of feedback on the site which I did. It was a simple process to set up, with easy to follow instruction and good email help with an unrelated issue I had at the beginning. They provide IPTV also for a wide range of devices too. I'd be interested to know how it works on a smart tv as I have one. I chose the zgemma option as I have that box and have supplied them to family and a few friends also

dclane

Don Johnson

Must give that forum a whirl later on.

The Elite TV fella responded to me there saying 'The guys are working on it mate'.

Great service altogether.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2017, 10:08:44 AM
I use Team ExPat. So far it's very good.
AZ, are the Irish and UK channels on Team Expat? I have Ultimate mania but I might get the second subscription for the GAA as a backup for the summer.

trueblue1234

I see Kodi are under pressure again. Phoenix been shut down as part of a law suit. Will this be the start of a real clamp down?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

AZOffaly

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 09, 2017, 03:57:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2017, 10:08:44 AM
I use Team ExPat. So far it's very good.
AZ, are the Irish and UK channels on Team Expat? I have Ultimate mania but I might get the second subscription for the GAA as a backup for the summer.

Sky Channels, RTE Channels, BBC all on there. Not sure about ITV etc.

gallsman

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 13, 2017, 05:14:52 PM
I see Kodi are under pressure again. Phoenix been shut down as part of a law suit. Will this be the start of a real clamp down?

Kodi is an open source media player. Nothing more. No pressure on it at all.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: gallsman on June 13, 2017, 05:36:47 PM

It's the sources that are bring clamped down on.

gallsman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 13, 2017, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 13, 2017, 05:36:47 PM

It's the sources that are bring clamped down on.

Yes, I understand. Hence three fact I pointed out that "Kodi are under pressure again" is nonsense.

maco

Would the IPtV work on a zgemma box with a download speed of 7?

Boycey

Quote from: maco on June 14, 2017, 06:32:31 AM
Would the IPtV work on a zgemma box with a download speed of 7?

I'd have my doubts but suppliers will give you a 12/24 hour trial so try a couple of them out first and see how it goes?

lurganblue

What do the people who run these addons get out of it? i dont see advertising and ive never seen links for donations etc.

gallsman

Quote from: lurganblue on June 14, 2017, 10:22:47 AM
What do the people who run these addons get out of it? i dont see advertising and ive never seen links for donations etc.

The better ones are premium. Sportsmania for example is something like 56 quid a year and, I imagine, has tend of thousands of users.