Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 30, 2015, 01:39:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 27, 2015, 04:31:47 PM
I empty the cache everytime I launch Kodi....

Boycey, how do you do this?

BTW, there was an update for The Beast at the weekend and it not gives more sources for sports.  I'd recommend updating.
On Kodi, you just launch the ChrisB wizard from within your add-ons, select The Beast and then let it work for 30 or 40 minutes.

On an Android box, goto Settings. Think you click More Ssettings and scroll to Apps. Click the Kodi app and click Force Stop. Then click the Clear Cache button

laoislad

There's an option within the beast to clear the cache also. Its just under the Chris B Wizard Tab.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

BTW, there was an update for The Beast at the weekend and it not gives more sources for sports.  I'd recommend updating.
On Kodi, you just launch the ChrisB wizard from within your add-ons, select The Beast and then let it work for 30 or 40 minutes.
What version are you on? I see an option for the beast version 1.2 and also a option the beast encore.
What one is the newer version.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: laoislad on November 30, 2015, 02:32:14 PM

What version are you on? I see an option for the beast version 1.2 and also a option the beast encore.

I didn't choose either of those two LL.  I choose an option that was something like "The Best the best build"

Boycey

If you launch Kodi like I do via the Manage Installed Applications menu there is an option below 'launch application' to clear cache, note don't click on Clear Data as it'll clear the build, repos etc that u have installed...

Like laoislad says further down you can clear it from within the beast build but it seems to me more thorough to clear it before u start using it..

laoislad

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 30, 2015, 02:40:16 PM

I didn't choose either of those two LL.  I choose an option that was something like "The Best the best build"
Ok I downloaded this one but it seems to have made no difference to my build. Maybe I already had it?
Though in one of the tabs its telling me I'm still on version 1.0.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: laoislad on November 30, 2015, 09:41:06 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 30, 2015, 02:40:16 PM

Ok I downloaded this one but it seems to have made no difference to my build. Maybe I already had it?
Though in one of the tabs its telling me I'm still on version 1.0.

You'll know it's updated if you have a Christmas menu.  I have that on my 2 versions that I updated yesterday.

Up The Middle

Ive ordered one of the Amazon fire sticks. Is it easy to set up (im ok with computers and technology but not great). How do I get Saturday Premiership games on it for free?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

The Gs Man

It's handy enough if you know your way round a computer.

Basically there are three things you need to do.  In very simplified terms....

1. Plug your firestick in and get the IP address from it, and flick a switch in one of the menus.
2. Download two applications to your computer.  The latest KODI apk and a remote installer (adbFire) to put the KODI app on the firestick.
3. Once KODI is on the Firestick then you need to install a build on your KODI.  Some people like The Beast or others.  I prefer the Black Box build.  It's simple to navigate and takes up less space on your firestick.

Here's a couple of links that should provide you with detailed instructions and the right links to the various applications you need.

Install KODI on Firestick:  http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi-amazon-fire-tv/

Install Black Box Build:  http://kodicommunity.com/the-amazing-black-box-build-wizard-installed-using-the-wonderful-kodi-builds/

Once you've all that sorted just have a look through the various add-ons and links etc.  You'll soon find your way about and what works. 

For 3pm Kick-offs I mostly use Phoenix.  Off the top of my head, go into the add-on, then Phoenix TV, then click Live Sports and Football.  A list of links to matches should appear.

But be warned, sometimes links can be broken, you might get buffering or poor quality pictures.  It's a matter of finding your way around and getting a decent stream.  It's free after all!  :-)

Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

PS.  Don't let some f*cker charge you £30 to do what I've set out above.....

KODI is all free.
Keep 'er lit

The Iceman

I think anyone can charge to do something like that. Do you call a plumber something because he unblocks your toilet? Not every one knows what they are doing to install Kodi on a firestick. If they don't they pay - like everyone else surely?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Gs Man

Fair enough, but when he said he was ok with computers then I assumed he'd be grand to follow the instructions.

You're not selling fully loaded firesticks by any chance?  haha! ;-)
Keep 'er lit

Up The Middle

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 01, 2015, 03:45:56 PM
Fair enough, but when he said he was ok with computers then I assumed he'd be grand to follow the instructions.

Thanks, I should be able to find my way round that ok.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Boycey

Quote from: The Iceman on December 01, 2015, 03:39:47 PM
I think anyone can charge to do something like that. Do you call a plumber something because he unblocks your toilet? Not every one knows what they are doing to install Kodi on a firestick. If they don't they pay - like everyone else surely?

Definitely true up to a point but I think a lot of people are underselling themselves and buying fully loaded boxes/firesticks etc when they don't need to. Most people in this day and age are computer literate to some degree and with a wee bit of patience and trial and error almost anyone could follow the steps in those guides..

I will however make an exception for my woman who thinks all these things are done by black magic or something :-). I've given up trying to explain the difference between the proper Skybox/Dodgy Skybox/Firestick currently attached to our TV. If I hear "How to I watch......" one more time

The Iceman

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 01, 2015, 03:45:56 PM

No but I've built out a few Raspberry Pi's for ones for free. Theres a lot of ones out there who take advantage of tech savvy friends and dont value their time :)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight