Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 18, 2015, 11:23:14 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 12, 2015, 09:31:59 AM
PS,  the repo download is fairly big.  Download,  run through the install (will ask you to tick the box to allow 3rd party / non trusted apps).  Install,  it will auto update any addons that need updated.  After that you are good to go.  The shortcut on your phone for the beast will be the standard blue and white 'kodi'  icon.  Click it,  then video / addons.  All add ons listed in alphabetical order
Tried installing this but getting 'App Not Installed' message as soon as I try to install the download - any ideas?

Have you a version of Kodi already on your firestick?

I had this problem when installing the beast on a firestick which already had a version of Kodi on it, ended up removing the original version and then had no bother getting the beast on.

The Gs Man

Got Kodi onto a Fire Stick last night.  Actually seems a bit more stable than my android box, which is hard wired to the router.

Using the Black Box build.  No issues so far!
Keep 'er lit

JoG2

Quote from: johnneycool on November 19, 2015, 08:56:26 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 18, 2015, 11:23:14 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 12, 2015, 09:31:59 AM
PS,  the repo download is fairly big.  Download,  run through the install (will ask you to tick the box to allow 3rd party / non trusted apps).  Install,  it will auto update any addons that need updated.  After that you are good to go.  The shortcut on your phone for the beast will be the standard blue and white 'kodi'  icon.  Click it,  then video / addons.  All add ons listed in alphabetical order
Tried installing this but getting 'App Not Installed' message as soon as I try to install the download - any ideas?

Have you a version of Kodi already on your firestick?

I had this problem when installing the beast on a firestick which already had a version of Kodi on it, ended up removing the original version and then had no bother getting the beast on.

Not sure nrico, try the suggestion above. I did uninstall the TVMC version of Kodi before installing The Beast . Its a phone your installing on?

nrico2006

I have Kodi on my phone, think I am using version 15.2.  So is it best to remove KODI and install the beast?  Do I then need to reinstall KODI or does the install of the beast include that?

I have an android phone and followed the instructions, i.e selected the repo version.  What is the difference between this version and the android version and should I not go for that one if I am on an android phone?

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 19, 2015, 10:48:31 AM
I have Kodi on my phone, think I am using version 15.2.  So is it best to remove KODI and install the beast?  Do I then need to reinstall KODI or does the install of the beast include that?

I have an android phone and followed the instructions, i.e selected the repo version.  What is the difference between this version and the android version and should I not go for that one if I am on an android phone?

my beast is Kodi 14.2

I downloaded the repo from the spartanpixel.com site. The other options were torrent or a downdload apk 14.2 which I'm assuming is the same. The seo Michael site says to do a clean install, so remove whatever kodi you have. The beast download has the Kodi player and all the addons which install during the install

laoislad

Just clear data on the Kodi app settings on your device. No need to delete and reinstall.
There is a Kodi app on the play store also even if you do delete so very easy to install anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on November 19, 2015, 11:22:02 AM

my beast is Kodi 14.2
Quote from: laoislad on November 19, 2015, 11:33:45 AM
Just clear data on the Kodi app settings on your device. No need to delete and reinstall.
There is a Kodi app on the play store also even if you do delete so very easy to install anyway.

Thanks lads.  Aye, I used to get any version of KODI I used off their site but the most recent one was taken since they linked up with the app store.  Will give it a go later, really want to be set-up for the upcoming boxing and UFC fights.

I downloaded the repo from the spartanpixel.com site. The other options were torrent or a downdload apk 14.2 which I'm assuming is the same. The seo Michael site says to do a clean install, so remove whatever kodi you have. The beast download has the Kodi player and all the addons which install during the install

Thanks lads.  Aye, I used to get any version of KODI I used off their site but the most recent one was taken since they linked up with the app store.  Will give it a go later, really want to be set-up for the upcoming boxing and UFC fights.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

heffo

my beast is Kodi 14.2

Are you able to search properly with that build??

JoG2

Quote from: heffo on November 19, 2015, 12:07:42 PM

my beast is Kodi 14.2

I searched for Everest and Friday Night Lights recently, worked ok. But on occasion, the search will bomb out and take me back to the menu Heffo. A second attempt usually works

heffo

Quote from: JoG2 on November 19, 2015, 12:16:37 PM

my beast is Kodi 14.2

I searched for Everest and Friday Night Lights recently, worked ok. But on occasion, the search will bomb out and take me back to the menu Heffo. A second attempt usually works

Thanks. Would you know can you update to that revision manually or do you need to download and install from a zip file?

JoG2

Quote from: heffo on November 19, 2015, 12:40:27 PM

my beast is Kodi 14.2

Thanks. Would you know can you update to that revision manually or do you need to download and install from a zip file?

i wouldnt Heffo sorry. Its not overly time consuming to install from scratch using the link above (the repo download). Download and hit install, takes maybe 5/10mins max to load the player and all the addons . The beast is set to update add ons automatically, so for a good while, there shouldn't be too many dead addons, links etc

heffo

Quote from: JoG2 on November 19, 2015, 02:03:21 PM
Quote from: heffo on November 19, 2015, 12:40:27 PM

my beast is Kodi 14.2

i wouldnt Heffo sorry. Its not overly time consuming to install from scratch using the link above (the repo download). Download and hit install, takes maybe 5/10mins max to load the player and all the addons . The beast is set to update add ons automatically, so for a good while, there shouldn't be too many dead addons, links etc

Cheers, I'll try it this weekend

nrico2006

Downloaded the repo version but now I have no add-ons. No sign of the beast or my old favourite genesis

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 21, 2015, 05:18:05 PM
Downloaded the repo version but now I have no add-ons. No sign of the beast or my old favourite genesis

When kodi opens,  is there a black n white pic of an angry looking masked man with 'the beast'  written?  When you click video/addons an extensive menu of addons,  inc Genesis not listed on the left hand side?

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on November 21, 2015, 08:27:11 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 21, 2015, 05:18:05 PM

When kodi opens,  is there a black n white pic of an angry looking masked man with 'the beast'  written?  When you click video/addons an extensive menu of addons,  inc Genesis not listed on the left hand side?

Finally got it sorted, was simply a case of restarting the app instead of just exiting it.  Has anybody been able to watch the box office boxing on this build?