Pep for Bayern

Started by ballinaman, January 16, 2013, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

"Bayern Munich have confirmed that former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola will take over as their manager at the end of the season. The 41 year old has signed a 3 year contract."

Going for a real challenge in Germany with Bayern.... ::)

Two fingers to Chelsea and Man City it seems....

rodney trotter

Taking over in the summer. He said he still wants to manage in England in the future though. Two years at Bayern, and then when Fergie goes in 2 years time, the perfect replacement.  :)

Minder

Quote from: ballinaman on January 16, 2013, 04:04:13 PM
"Bayern Munich have confirmed that former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola will take over as their manager at the end of the season. The 41 year old has signed a 3 year contract."

How is it not a challenge ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on January 16, 2013, 04:44:24 PM

Straight shoot out with Dortmund for silverwear, serious squad already in place. It will be an interesting test of his credentials without Messi,Xavi and Iniesta though.

From the Bunker

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 16, 2013, 04:11:55 PM
Taking over in the summer. He said he still wants to manage in England in the future though. Two years at Bayern, and then when Fergie goes in 2 years time, the perfect replacement.  :)

God help the poor b*stard that will take over from Fergie. An impossible job. What would make it worse is if Fergie goes upstairs instead of taking to the stands. Mourinho still looks the best bet, as he knows the English game and he is a proven winner in it.

Norf Tyrone

Who says Chelsea wanted him?
I am glad he has gone to Bayern as he still has question marks over him.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laoislad

Why the f**k would Pep go to Chelsea anyway?
No man is safe in that job.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 16, 2013, 04:51:57 PM

Nice one!  ;D

nrico2006

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 16, 2013, 04:51:57 PM

Big question marks over him.  Took over as talented a team as you could ever imagine and had a bit of money to spend when needed.  In saying that, I agree that Bayern are hardly a team that need a lot of work as they are perennial title winners/challengers in Germany as well as being there or thereabouts in Europe. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossie11

Fair play to him. Has gone for a team with a settled structure rather than the big money and the circus of the EPL.
Sky Sports and the Premiership lovers can console themselves that he has question marks over his record and that they never wanted him the first place..    ::)

Captain Obvious

Good move for Pep great appointment by Bayern Munich.

Minder

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 16, 2013, 06:31:15 PM
Fair play to him. Has gone for a team with a settled structure rather than the big money and the circus of the EPL.
Sky Sports and the Premiership lovers can console themselves that he has question marks over his record and that they never wanted him the first place..    ::)

Somewhere in a remote bunker a conspiracy blogger still believes Guardiola's move to Munich is part of his master plan to move to England.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggy90

As a matter of interest I wonder what his salary will be at Bayern? I don't think he'll starve there, do you? :o
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on January 16, 2013, 04:44:24 PM

Surely it has to be a backward step as the EPL is 'the best league in the world' (c) Sky sports..

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 16, 2013, 09:26:04 PM

As a matter of interest I wonder what his salary will be at Bayern? I don't think he'll starve there, do you? :o

Talk of 8-10 million euro a year. Adidas are said to have thrown a bit of cash into the deal. I'm just delighted he is nowhere near that circus that is Chelsea football club. As previously mentioned it will be a proper test without Messi, Xavi and co. Is 3 years long enough to get Bayern playing total football though as the German teams are generally more counter attacking.