Teams you like to see lose.

Started by ballinaman, November 01, 2009, 11:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

OK, first off...lets not go nuts here, I know it's a thread with a negative theme, however, try to see it as when your team has a bad day and this/these teams also loose, it can salvage some satisfaction. Drawing a positive from a negative. Lets face it, rivalries exist in every sport and sometimes your dislike of a team may be due to a player or something quite trivial in reality(which is sometimes the case for me)

GAA
Galway- Main rivals in Connacht, envious of their national success , highlighting Mayo's failings

Rosscommon - In the words of Seymour Skinner..."I was only in there because i wanted to get directions as how to get away from there". Oh and rossfan is quite annoying on this too.

Soccer
Shamrock Rovers/Bohs - Teenage yob airmax brigade with inverse clothing, inverse clothing being clothes that are actually quite expensive but manage to look cheap.

Liverpool - Follow United so it's a given, as the reverse will be for Liverpool supporters. Squeaky accents, Rafa's beard and the cringe worthy version of the fields of anfield road also get to me.

Rangers - I could go on for along time.....

England - (At everything)

Germany - Hard to warm to them. Take Oliver Kahn, like cmon, the only way you could look more German would be to have a square moustache.

NFL
New England Patriots - I can somewhat understand the amount of anti man u sentiment from following NFL. Hard to support a lesser name and not dislike the team that is most successful at the moment.

Olympics
Chinese athletes. Illegal substances galore. Whats the betting that  a 7 foot tall monster will come from nowhere to deny Katie Taylor in the next Olympics.

Snooker (Yes I know Archie, he's not a team but you know what i mean!)

Jim Higgins - Mainly due to the thing is does with the cue and his chin, yes...i know it's petty

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ballinaman

Archie Mitchell

Who is Jim Higgins? I've never heard of a snooker team called that.

mortified

quit your jibba jabba fool!!

Tony Baloney

Man United, Rangers, England (at most sports especially soccer, cricket and athletics), Cushendall, Cushendun (although that's a given these days), Tyrone footballers, Cork hurlers, Andy Murray, America in the Ryder Cup.

Bacon

GAA - Cork hurlers & Dublin footballers. Don't like Westmed much but I won't go so far as to say I like to see them lose.

Soccer - England

Rugby - Wales

Horse Racing - Anything I haven't backed.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

The Real Laoislad

GAA-Hurling
Kilkenny

Gaa- Football
Dublin
Armagh
Tyrone

Soccer
Man United
Celtic
England

Golf
Tiger Woods...Don't dislike him or anything infact I think he is the best Sportsman in the world I just like to see other people win
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Che

in no particular order:

Linfield
Portadown
Rangers
Real Madrid
Crossmaglen
Tyrone
England in anything

ziggysego

England (Soccer & Rugby)
Australia (Everything)
Derry (Football)
Testing Accessibility

Muhammed McCarthy

England - in everything but especially rugby and soccer
Manure
Chelsea
The Huns, Linfield, Portadown
GAA - Tyrone, the Dubs, Cork, Pearse Ogs :D
Any English/Canadian tennis player/boxer
Ulster rugby

SLIGONIAN

England and Rangers,

Man utd,

Only care about Sligo in GAA, so when we are not playing I dont care who wins.

Negative thread though started on a Sunday :-\, were you not a mass Ballinaman? Looking forward to the cup final......you going? ;D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ballinaman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 01, 2009, 01:10:35 PM
England and Rangers,

Man utd,

Negative thread though started on a Sunday :-\, were you not a mass Ballinaman? Looking forward to the cup final......you going? ;D

Ha, ya...didn't have time yesterday to put it up!Indeed i was ;D. Hopefully, tickets will be hard got. Hopefully they'll sell them at Drogheda home came so the loyal supporters will get most of them. Tallaght is a joke of a venu by the way. 6000 capacity, we had 10,000 in 94...

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ballinaman on November 01, 2009, 01:21:33 PM
England and Rangers,

Man utd,

Ha, ya...didn't have time yesterday to put it up!Indeed i was ;D. Hopefully, tickets will be hard got. Hopefully they'll sell them at Drogheda home came so the loyal supporters will get most of them. Tallaght is a joke of a venu by the way. 6000 capacity, we had 10,000 in 94...

Ya couldnt believe the venue choice, seen the semi final out here on rte, so looking forward to watching the final. They changed the venue to lansdowne in 94 to cater for the demand, Derry have big support aswell.  Fingal shouldnt get same allocation. Can Rovers object? Why isnt it dalymount or Croke park ;)?

Sorry off topic...pm me. cheers.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 01, 2009, 01:30:39 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 01, 2009, 01:21:33 PM
England and Rangers,

Man utd,

Ya couldnt believe the venue choice, seen the semi final out here on rte, so looking forward to watching the final. They changed the venue to lansdowne in 94 to cater for the demand, Derry have big support aswell.  Fingal shouldnt get same allocation. Can Rovers object? Why isnt it dalymount or Croke park ;)?

Sorry off topic...pm me. cheers.

Is the FAi Cup final in Tallaght? Wonder why they've switched it from RDS if Tallaght's likely to be too small. Suppose they want to show off a LOI "ground".
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead