Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TF15

The same tactics that lost just one game all year (by a point) and won an Ulster title. Some crying c@nts on here just get a hard on for complaining about Harte even when he's doing a good job. Be careful what you wish for, look at the state of the likes of Armagh now and think of United post SAF. The man will only be truly appreciated when he's gone I doubt.

southtyronegael

we won a heap of meaningless games against against div 2 teams and lost the only one that really mattered so cop on. and i think ul find thats why teams fell away like meath post boylan and kerry post mick o dwyer is because those men stayed too long. same with man utd prob but i dont care much for english soccer.

longballin

Quote from: TF15 on December 16, 2016, 11:54:32 PM
The same tactics that lost just one game all year (by a point) and won an Ulster title. Some crying c@nts on here just get a hard on for complaining about Harte even when he's doing a good job. Be careful what you wish for, look at the state of the likes of Armagh now and think of United post SAF. The man will only be truly appreciated when he's gone I doubt.

Are you refering to Alex Ferguson and calling him sir as bestowed by the queen? and you call us c@nts....

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 17, 2016, 12:05:46 AM
we won a heap of meaningless games against against div 2 teams and lost the only one that really mattered so cop on. and i think ul find thats why teams fell away like meath post boylan and kerry post mick o dwyer is because those men stayed too long. same with man utd prob but i dont care much for english soccer.

Was the Ulster final meaningless? Were Donegal a Div 2 side? Your attitude to Mickey Harte would strongly suggest that you are heavily influenced by English soccer. When did the GAA become an organisation where we castigate our managers on social media and lead campaigns for them to be sacked? Very much an imported soccer mentality if you ask me.
That was never a square ball!!

vallankumous

It's been the best 13 years on record for Tyrone. Regardless of what we think the numbers stack up. After that it's down to personality.
There is nothing to compare Hartes reign to during Hartes reign. You use an example of managers who started 20 years before Harte started while in the mean time there has been a feast of Counties that refreshed their management regularly and achieved nothing. Harte's case is unique.

TF15

Is that Liz the hurler who put on an exhibition of her talents in Croke Park? Point stands, we don't have the same talent in our forward line as we did in the 00's. Hartes done very well to cover them deficiencies through a system (albeit dire to watch when faced with s team playing similarly). It does need tweaking to be slightly more attacking but we lost by a point (and really shouldn't have only for bad wides) to a team that took Dublin to the pin of their collars twice.

southtyronegael

id say we can disregard the 3 posts above this because they make very little sense. straw clutching and confusing.

longballin

Quote from: vallankumous on December 17, 2016, 08:07:11 AM

It's been the best 13 years on record for Tyrone. Regardless of what we think the numbers stack up. After that it's down to personality.
There is nothing to compare Hartes reign to during Hartes reign. You use an example of managers who started 20 years before Harte started while in the mean time there has been a feast of Counties that refreshed their management regularly and achieved nothing. Harte's case is unique.

2003 to 2010 best ever... little to get excited about since then.

clarshack

Quote from: longballin on December 17, 2016, 11:40:02 PM
Quote from: vallankumous on December 17, 2016, 08:07:11 AM

2003 to 2010 best ever... little to get excited about since then.

2010 was an All-Ireland that got away from Tyrone along with this year.

southtyronegael

i agree with longballin but i would add that in 2001 we also won ulster and in 2002 we won our first ever national league title.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 17, 2016, 11:54:53 PM
i agree with longballin but i would add that in 2001 we also won ulster and in 2002 we won our first ever national league title.

We won Ulster last year!

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 18, 2016, 07:50:31 AM

We won Ulster last year!
yes i know but my point was that we were winning titles pre harte.  the tyrone gaa world did not start in 2003

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 18, 2016, 10:15:13 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on December 18, 2016, 07:50:31 AM

We won Ulster last year!
yes i know but my point was that we were winning titles pre harte.  the tyrone gaa world did not start in 2003

Did we win any All Irelands pre Harte? Are you happy to go back to those days?

southtyronegael

the memory of those great all ireland wins is fading fast.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 18, 2016, 11:35:22 AM
the memory of those great all ireland wins is fading fast.

I remember the pre-Harte days very clearly!