Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 26, 2017, 09:46:44 AM
FIanna can rightly feel aggrieved for the decision not to send Mattie Donnelly off the pitch. As cynical a tackle as you'll ever see. Black card would have been an easy decision to make and would have turned the game. Fianna can't be happy with their use if possession into their forwards, if they'd stuck to their running game instead they could have advanced.
Trillick don't panic however and their championship credentials are to be admired. They'll give Omagh their fill of it.

If I'm thinking of the correct tackle Mattie Donnelly took him down round the neck which is not a black card under the rules. It's a yellow for a dangerous tackle or you could have argued for red. There was some amount of fouling done on Donnelly throughout the game. I thought there was a clear pull down on a Trillick player in the first half when through on goal which was more of a black card.

tothetop03

Are there still fining clubs for having to many men inside the wire??

redhandofgod

No doubt!!
Will Cassidy be in the stand tonight after his antics on Saturday?

tothetop03

Quote from: redhandofgod on September 26, 2017, 10:32:16 AM
No doubt!!

Probably will be...Pomeroy water carrier also....

youhavenofans

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 26, 2017, 08:50:52 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 25, 2017, 10:36:23 PM
forgot about meyler, was v good against ardboe. r o neill , mulgrew, peter harte, aiden mc crory, mark bradley, were all poor when i seen them. mc kernan from coalisland seems to be a serious man marker. was the only man could handle mark bradley last year.

Yeah Bradley was quiet in the Final..

Mark scored 14 points between the two games, yeah 30% may have been from frees but he won most of these frees himself and got battered by Island to win them

Mikhailov

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 26, 2017, 10:05:58 AM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 26, 2017, 09:46:44 AM
FIanna can rightly feel aggrieved for the decision not to send Mattie Donnelly off the pitch. As cynical a tackle as you'll ever see. Black card would have been an easy decision to make and would have turned the game. Fianna can't be happy with their use if possession into their forwards, if they'd stuck to their running game instead they could have advanced.
Trillick don't panic however and their championship credentials are to be admired. They'll give Omagh their fill of it.

If I'm thinking of the correct tackle Mattie Donnelly took him down round the neck which is not a black card under the rules. It's a yellow for a dangerous tackle or you could have argued for red. There was some amount of fouling done on Donnelly throughout the game. I thought there was a clear pull down on a Trillick player in the first half when through on goal which was more of a black card.

In fairness to Hurson it was a gritty game, played right on the edge and decisions were difficult and going to have a major impact on the game. Once he let Rory Brennan away with a blatant body check in the early minutes then he gave the signal that he was letting it go. Trillick had man clean through in the 1st half who was hauled to the ground and he didn't even give a card, only as free kick. Mattie Donnelly deserved a black or red but because the ref was lenient on previous tackles there was no way he was going to send anyone off for a tackle at that critical point in the game. Both teams displayed tremendous endeavour, heart and effort over the 2 games - only to be admired.

southtyronegael

Mc kernan held bradley well in first game. Bradley destroyed them in replay.

skeog

Going to be some good personal battles on Saturday as Trillick have a few players who have prospered with Tyrone.Omagh have a few who think they should still be on the bus.Going to be interesting Mattie better be practicing his MMA this week.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: redhandofgod on September 26, 2017, 10:32:16 AM
No doubt!!

Best place for him, no rearing or breeding in him!

TF15

Cassidy is a complete pr1ck! Don't know how the Clonoe players listen to him f@ucking them off constantly every game. Would drive me mad.

driveherin

tothetop03

Quote from: Thastheball on September 26, 2017, 02:40:40 PM
It was at the end of the season and the man we had was not good and we were a mess,  we needed help to kick start us and it nearly worked. Time was just to short.
How would you compere him to Peter Canavan??

Red Hand Man

I've just been shown a very distressing video of a young Tyrone underage star being assaulted last night in belfast by a doorman. Did anyone see it?

longballin

aye saw it, it's terrible and all the warnings about one-punch-deaths. Shocking.

wide as a gate!

Quote from: Red Hand Man on September 26, 2017, 03:55:34 PM
I've just been shown a very distressing video of a young Tyrone underage star being assaulted last night in belfast by a doorman. Did anyone see it?
yes - horrific. i'm led to believe the offender has since been arrested.