Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: laceer on June 25, 2014, 09:20:47 AM
Championship in Greencastle at 6.45 on a Friday evening. Wonderful consideration for anyone working in Belfast  ::)

There has been championship games on Friday nights for decades.  Just request a half day holiday from work or ask your boss can you leave a little earlier on Friday.

In fairness though, the fixture planners should have rang you first to see if it suited ::)

The moaning on here is getting tiresome.

winghalfback

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 25, 2014, 09:39:43 AM
Championship in Greencastle at 6.45 on a Friday evening. Wonderful consideration for anyone working in Belfast  ::)

There has been championship games on Friday nights for decades. Just request a half day holiday from work or ask your boss can you leave a little earlier on Friday.

In fairness though, the fixture planners should have rang you first to see if it suited ::)

Aye loose a half a days pay and go to greencastle and pay out another £8 times are not that bad.
In all seriousness does this affect many people that would have to be in greencastle for 6.45 on Friday evening most people should be home long before that on a Friday anyway.

laceer

There has been championship games on Friday nights for decades.  Just request a half day holiday from work or ask your boss can you leave a little earlier on Friday.

Wouldn't have done them much good ringing me - I'm not playing. I do know there are men from my club who are playing who have struggled to find work this past few years and who may not be in a position to "request a half day". I have played plenty of championship matches on Friday nights myself - never at 6.45pm at a venue that is at least 40mins drive away.

Knock Yer Mucker In

xmas lights has to be a CB man, he doesn't giving one flying feck about the club player or club, his posts revolve around the CCC and county team perspective

hugh the root

I thought Christams Lights was one of them vermin alright and definitely from the far side of Omagh as he had nt a good word to say about Clonoe and Loughshore clubs . He would need hit with a serious power surge and put into the recycling bin.The set up in Tyrone will only prosper once more when people like this are put in the scrap heap cos all they are is scrap!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: winghalfback on June 25, 2014, 09:50:25 AM

There has been championship games on Friday nights for decades. Just request a half day holiday from work or ask your boss can you leave a little earlier on Friday.

Aye loose a half a days pay and go to greencastle and pay out another £8 times are not that bad.
In all seriousness does this affect many people that would have to be in greencastle for 6.45 on Friday evening most people should be home long before that on a Friday anyway.

Just quit playing football then if its such a hassle.  Very simple.  Sometimes work and football don't mix.  Usually there can only be one winner.  Everyone needs their job.  Give up the football and now you don't have a problem.

winghalfback

FRC planning to steamroll through a plan to have All Ireland club series played by December. How will Tyrone clubs feel about this have they even discussed it? Lots of changes will have to be made before this could happen.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone in the know have any idea regarding fixtures next weekend?

There was originally fixtures out for a double weekend (friday/sunday), is that knocked on the head or what?

we have a wedding next friday that a good number of players would be going to , but still dont know if we are going to have a game or not.
Surely at this stage, some sort of notice could be given?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Norf, any photos from the game last weekend floating about?  Any reason Boggs is up front these days?  How good is Crossan, haven't seen him play since he left for Lifford.  Does Deccy McCrossan not play at all anymore?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 26, 2014, 10:59:52 AM

There was originally fixtures out for a double weekend (friday/sunday), is that knocked on the head or what?

we have a wedding next friday that a good number of players would be going to , but still dont know if we are going to have a game or not.

In fairness it is a joke that there is nothing out on these. I suspect they're waiting on the Tyrone result but they should be put out the 2 scenarios depending on Tyrone result. You'd guess if Tyrone win they'll play a round of fixtures next Friday. If they lose it will be next Sunday.

I hope if Tyrone win and they do play a round next Friday that they don't do a starred round on Sunday. They've already used 3 of these up so should be saving the other two in case Tyrone get a run in the qualifiers. Otherwise you could end up with very little football for a full month or more.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 26, 2014, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 26, 2014, 10:59:52 AM

In fairness it is a joke that there is nothing out on these. I suspect they're waiting on the Tyrone result but they should be put out the 2 scenarios depending on Tyrone result. You'd guess if Tyrone win they'll play a round of fixtures next Friday. If they lose it will be next Sunday.

I hope if Tyrone win and they do play a round next Friday that they don't do a starred round on Sunday. They've already used 3 of these up so should be saving the other two in case Tyrone get a run in the qualifiers. Otherwise you could end up with very little football for a full month or more.
yeah, if they would at least give  an either /or  fixture list.
A week before the wedding and we still cant tell the lad if we can even go or not  >:(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Redhand Santa

If they'd release the either or options at least people would have some idea what to expect. Keeping the options secret just cause frustration and makes it even harder to plan round games for players. I can't work out why they wouldn't release the options.

Under Lights

Blewuporstuffed- Xmas Lights would advise you just to quit football and go to all the weddings you like.

bigtogs

Some great news in the Rahilly's this evening I believe on a red card appeal from championship a few weeks ago....

time ticking away

Which one ? R Patrick or R Colm ?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......