Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmic Fool

Quote from: MCO on October 05, 2013, 08:39:10 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on October 05, 2013, 08:13:41 PM
The score line certainly wasn't a reflection of the game. Was 1 in it with ten to go and moy on top. Carrickmore took their goal chances whereas the moy missed 4 or 5 good opportunities. Don't think the ref did the moy many favours either.

Ref was very suspect tonight, certain penalty and disallowed point stand out, however Carrickmore converted their goal opportunities whereas Moy lacked a bit of luck in that end. Game will have served Carmem well, Moy looked every bit as good and at times a better side than Carmen interestingly

Hate to be brutally honest but blaming the referee is a cop out. Whilst Moy put up a spirited performance for as long as they could - strength and depth in Carmen squad won the match for them. Bar the cavanaghs and Ryan Mellon I fear the rest of the Moy footballers would be nothing more than good junior footballers!

Which is a testimony to the three players mentioned!

rrhf

I felt the ref had a major influence on the first half when against the wind he kept Carmen in touch and the moy should have been 3 points up when the goal went in. This is the classic way of refereeing a Tyrone championship game. The gallant underdog gets held back in the first half.

MCO

Quote from: Cosmic Fool on October 06, 2013, 02:34:06 AM
The score line certainly wasn't a reflection of the game. Was 1 in it with ten to go and moy on top. Carrickmore took their goal chances whereas the moy missed 4 or 5 good opportunities. Don't think the ref did the moy many favours either.

Ref was very suspect tonight, certain penalty and disallowed point stand out, however Carrickmore converted their goal opportunities whereas Moy lacked a bit of luck in that end. Game will have served Carmem well, Moy looked every bit as good and at times a better side than Carmen interestingly

Hate to be brutally honest but blaming the referee is a cop out. Whilst Moy put up a spirited performance for as long as they could - strength and depth in Carmen squad won the match for them. Bar the cavanaghs and Ryan Mellon I fear the rest of the Moy footballers would be nothing more than good junior footballers!

Peculiar match analysis from someone who was at the game...

EC Unique

Sean Cavanagh was miles ahead of anyone on the pitch. When he took the notion he could not be stopped especially in the second half but he just did not have enough quality help. If Moy had of taken two clear goal chances when the game was in the mix they could have won. Carmen are very beatable and I suspect the Champions will come out of today's game.

Cosmic Fool

Quote from: MCO on October 06, 2013, 09:57:12 AM

You disagree then? Just my opinion!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Cosmic Fool on October 06, 2013, 10:58:47 AM
Quote from: MCO on October 06, 2013, 09:57:12 AM

You disagree then? Just my opinion!

The moy are a few players short but that was a strange review of the game. Eunan Deeney had a very good game and rouse caused plenty of problems. Really didn't think there was much between the teams. The ref shouldn't get another big championship game.

Tyrone Gaa

Referee was shocking, he disallowed a 45 that went over the bar for square ball. Didn't give a stone wall penalty, Stevie Wonder would have that foul. The Moy impressed me to be honest, I did earlier predict 8-10 point Carmen win. Although proved right the result completely flattered an unimpressive Carrickmore team. Goals win championship and I'm sure the young moy corner forward will have nightmares over the missed chances. Big Oz charging out at him must of rattled the lad.

Moy were on top most of the second half but in searching goals they ended up conceding. No issues with carrickmores finishers took chances well.
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

Looking forward to today's game, two good attacking teams, have a wee fancy for Clonoe. Errigal can get at their full back line, that's where Clonoe are somewhat suspect I feel. But Clonoe by 2
Living the dream!!!

EC Unique

Clonoe winning 1-6 to 0-6 at half time. Close game.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: EC Unique on October 05, 2013, 01:16:45 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Fool on October 05, 2013, 12:14:11 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on October 04, 2013, 08:20:30 PM
So with the action only around the corner, what are people thinking for the Carmen VS Moy and the Clonoe VS Errigal games? Think the latter is to hard to call, ill go Carmen by 5 and Clonoe vs Errigal to draw. (really messing up this already shambolic championship for the county board as a result)

Do you think the county board would direct the ref in the clonoe errigal game to avoid a draw at all costs???

Just a thought!

I'm hoping the Errigal players will make sure it is not a draw.  ;)

they made sure of that alright.....
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Onthe40

Surprisingly easy for clonoe today..errigal couldn't repeat the levels of their Dromore  performance..rahillys favourites now though carrickmore will make it more difficult than today.

rrhf

From early on it was a case that clonoe had the better footballers all over the park and fair play to errigal for making it an intriguing first half. Errigals discipline in the second half was very poor and they didn't take their big defeat well. They could have finished with 12. Clonoe are the most undervalued teams in Tyrone, their shocking first round record over the last 10 years perhaps let's others ignore them when it comes to handing out jerseys for county. They have a real chance in ulster if they keep their heads, no disrespect to Carmen but they aren't at the level and have done remarkable well to get there. Should be an intriguing final good luck to both teams

skeog

great result for clonoe superior all over the field surely they will have a few players considered for county selection this time around also we wont have the drama of errigal manager stepping down for the game against ballinderry today cassidy showed why clonoe have retained his services

TF15

Really enjoyable game to watch as a neutral with the best team winning on the day. Clonoe v. impressive. Danny McNulty could be a good target man option for Tyrone next year. Looking at Errigal, I think the Dromore games took a lot from them, it's hard to hit that level of intensity every day, especially when you've won the Cship the year before and losing several important players from last years team. They'll be back as they're a young side. On the final I can't see past Clonoe if they take this game with the same attitude as today, I've seen Carrickmore in all Cship games and think they're not one of the great Carmen teams. Clonoe by 2-5 in the final for me. Also on a side note, McHugh is a desperate ref! Why are we blessed with such poor refs in our county, Hurson was as bad yday.

Potential county players for next year from what I've seen of senior championship and league this year:
Shay McGuigan (Ardboe)
Danny McNulty (Clonoe)
PJ Lavery (Clonoe)
Shane O'Hagan (Clonoe)
Steafan Tierney (Errigal)

Was also impressed with Rory Brennan (Trillick), Ruari Loughran (Carrickmore) and Eunan Deeney (Moy) but think they are maybe a year away as they need to do a wee bit more to make the county panel. Not been really impressed with any corner backs and boy do we need some for the county team. Like hens teeth trying to get good ones!

wheres he takin er from

Great performance today. 20 minutes either side of half time was when the crucial lead was made. Had to hold heads a lot after that when errigal tried to get the game to descend into trouble with a lot of late and dangerous tackles. Great win, looking forward to Carmen.
First on the field and last to leave