Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inroundthesquare

Finished Loughmacrory 1-9 Brocagh 0-10 in the 1st game in Omagh tonight. Loughmacrory will be relieved, Brocagh really put it up to them and had a great chance of a goal missed when the game was level with a few minutes left. Wide open championship now, Loughmacrory didn't look as impressive as they have been in the league but are still in the mix.

Cosmic Fool

Poor game in omagh tonight. Carmen doing enough to get past a poor enough Cookstown performance.
One notable incident for me was the sending off, no 10 for Cookstown brian mulligan as far as i know, should be ashamed of himself starting the pushing and shoving and then going down holding his face and rolling around as if he was busted!!!!
Shea McGarrity was best for Cookstown whilst I thought colm McGurk was very good for carmen.
Coal island won't be too alarmed although u never know what you'll get from Carmen next day out.

Moortown Spuds

Are you surprised by Cookstown's behaviour at this stage?

MCO

My own club have had tumbles with a lot of clubs but what I have seen of Cookstown this year would not gain them much respect, the level of slabbering was unreal. The best of it is they have enough good footballers to concentrate on just that but there must be something missing when they feel they need to resort to their antics

Tommo2

What did Gaby do last night to get sent off?

sam03/05

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 14, 2013, 11:29:30 AM
What did Gaby do last night to get sent off?

Punched a player in the face right in front of the linesman. Fairly straight forward decision, he had the flag up straight away, and told ref. was sitting behind it, was a clear strike.
Carrickmore by far the better team, player all the football in the first half. Was by no means a dirty game, in fact hardly a bad tackle in it.

inroundthesquare

SFC: Moy 3-9 Killyclogher 2-4 - Killyclogher up by 5 at the break, Moy totally dominated in the 2nd half especially around the middle after getting 2 quick goals.
IFC: Eskra 1-16 Edendork 0-12 - Impressive display from Eskra, looked strong all through the field and pulled away after the goal in the 2nd half.

Wins for Urney against CNG and Newtonstewart against Glenelly.

Quarter Final Draws
SFC:
Fri 20 September Omagh 8.30pm - Coalisland v Carrickmore
Sat 21 September TBC 5.00pm - Augher v Errigal/Dromore
Moy v Trillick
Eglish v Clonoe/Omagh

IFC:
Urney v Galbally
Aghyaran/Moortown v Derrytresk/Rock
Stewartstown v Brackaville
Strabane v Eskra

JFC:
Fri 20 September Omagh 7.00pm - Newtownstewart v Tattyreagh
Sat 21 September TBC 3.30pm - Drumragh v Killyman
Aghaloo v Killeeshil
Owen Roes v Loughmacrory

omagh_gael

Brutal weather for today's games. 

omagh_gael

TF15

Pretty enjoyable game despite the conditions. Omagh were very poor 2nd half, forward line bar O'Neill lacked any scoring power.As the years go by it's becoming more and more of a mental barrier for Omagh to win the big one. Clonoe were solid, nothing sensational but they're a good team. McAliskey is a fine player!  Conan Grugan kicked a couple of points that were worth the admission fee alone, would like to see him given a run next year for the county. Shane O'Hagan should get a call up too.

EC Unique

Draw a fair result in difficult conditions. I think Errigal may have missed their chance.  :-\

Christmas Lights

Quote from: EC Unique on September 15, 2013, 08:42:35 PM
Draw a fair result in difficult conditions. I think Errigal may have missed their chance.  :-\

Any word when the replay is?

Dell

Thought Dromore very lucky not to have seen two red cards tonight. Not sure what Ref was thinking about either decision. One head high with the ball on the ground and the other a strike straight in front of him! Think Errigal have missed the boat Dromore won't be as poor wed night.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

EC Unique

Club Rossa

Great battle tonight between Errigal and Dromore.Draw was a fair enough result but I don't agree that Errigal have missed the boat.They are more than capable of taking Dromore.
Looking at the way Dromore were set up I think they should have had Eoin McCusker closer to goal.He's a deadly inside forward and I would imagine that Errigal would have been happy to see him as far away from their goal as possible.