Previous topic - Next topic

bluenosebandit

Quote from: Under Lights on September 17, 2013, 03:34:26 PM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 17, 2013, 03:27:24 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 17, 2013, 02:58:22 PM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 17, 2013, 02:51:09 PM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on September 17, 2013, 02:08:32 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 17, 2013, 01:50:07 PM
I know the telegraph wouldnt be the first stop for GAA news, but this is terrible ,lazy ,rubbish

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/mcginley-saves-errigal-to-fight-another-day-29581819.html

I cant believe that clown gets paid to write that drivel

One would suspect John Campbell wasnt in Tyrone at the weekend. Awful paper from across the divide.

Lazy journalism at its height. Just pick out all the county panellists on show and say they played well, absolute dirt.
The carrickmore game in particular, penrose and donnelly, very very poor against cookstown.
if you werent at the games, dont write the article
mcullagh was poor in the dromore game & the 'peerless' ricey was very quiet aswell, but apart from that, it was Cormac Mcginley that kicked errigals equaliser not ciaran and Leo menan got one of killycloghers goals, not James Carlin.
obviously didnt go to any of the games, nor do the research particularly well.

You can see this journo's article next week, hypothetically tommy canavan hits the winner for errigal, he will be eulogizing about how peter canavan came out of retirement for errigal to get them over dromore, mattie mcgleenan having a starring role for eglish with kevin mccabe playing a barn storming role for clonoe, damian o'hagain (instead of tiarnan) starring at full forward for coalisland, teddy cavanagh making it 3 cavanaghs on the field of play for moy.................and aidan cassidy was brilliant for augher

You had me up to this bit.
Sorry under lights, my knowledge of augher ex county men wouldnt be the best in the world, so i had to plump with cassidy

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 17, 2013, 03:45:09 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 17, 2013, 03:34:26 PM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 17, 2013, 03:27:24 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 17, 2013, 02:58:22 PM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 17, 2013, 02:51:09 PM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on September 17, 2013, 02:08:32 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 17, 2013, 01:50:07 PM
I know the telegraph wouldnt be the first stop for GAA news, but this is terrible ,lazy ,rubbish

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/mcginley-saves-errigal-to-fight-another-day-29581819.html

I cant believe that clown gets paid to write that drivel

One would suspect John Campbell wasnt in Tyrone at the weekend. Awful paper from across the divide.

Lazy journalism at its height. Just pick out all the county panellists on show and say they played well, absolute dirt.
The carrickmore game in particular, penrose and donnelly, very very poor against cookstown.
if you werent at the games, dont write the article
mcullagh was poor in the dromore game & the 'peerless' ricey was very quiet aswell, but apart from that, it was Cormac Mcginley that kicked errigals equaliser not ciaran and Leo menan got one of killycloghers goals, not James Carlin.
obviously didnt go to any of the games, nor do the research particularly well.

You can see this journo's article next week, hypothetically tommy canavan hits the winner for errigal, he will be eulogizing about how peter canavan came out of retirement for errigal to get them over dromore, mattie mcgleenan having a starring role for eglish with kevin mccabe playing a barn storming role for clonoe, damian o'hagain (instead of tiarnan) starring at full forward for coalisland, teddy cavanagh making it 3 cavanaghs on the field of play for moy.................and aidan cassidy was brilliant for augher

You had me up to this bit.
Sorry under lights, my knowledge of augher ex county men wouldnt be the best in the world, so i had to plump with cassidy
they say Eugene McKenna was decent
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bluenosebandit

never even new mckenna played for augher, always assumed donaghmore, learn something new...

Any thoughts on the games this weekend?

EC Unique

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 17, 2013, 03:52:51 PM
never even new mckenna played for augher, always assumed donaghmore, learn something new...

Your giving away your age there!

rrhf

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 17, 2013, 03:52:51 PM

If there was a top 15 Tyrone GAA cliub footballers.  Im sure Mc Kenna with his longevity and achievements would be captain of that as well.  Actually that would be a great debate:
Im talking club players, many will have played for the county some not.
Big Oz is my goalie.  Will; we ever see the like of him?

rrhf

Black James somebody from Clonoe was one of the best too

rrhf

Sean Cavanagh - would he make it, Has he played as much for the Moy as the Moy men want? 

Wee Roddy

Ryan Pickering did not get the better of Mark Donnelly. God save us! I am amazed at this statement. Any neutral I am talking to was wondering why Pixie was kept on Donnelly for so long. And yes Carrickmore management told the ref to send someone off to leave space for their forwards! Jesus wept

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on September 17, 2013, 04:15:45 PM
Sean Cavanagh - would he make it, Has he played as much for the Moy as the Moy men want?

Would not make it. McKenna and Pascal Canavan for midfield.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Under Lights on September 17, 2013, 05:06:20 PM

I would like to see people's best 15- non county players- based on what they have seen through the divisions this year- not based on the fact that they are just division 1 players either. People I would consider would be:
Hugh Gallagher (Omagh), Finbar McQuaid (Augher), Niall Gormley (Trillick), Thomas Canavan (Errigal Ciaran Firsts), Enda McGahan (Killyman), Stefan Tierney (Errigal Ciaran Firsts), Richie Donnelly (Trillick), Michael Murphy (Galbally), Joe McCarroll (Eskra), Ryan Mayse (Newtownstewart), Caolan Harvey (Castlederg), Jamie Donnelly (Augher), Danny McNulty (Clonoe), Rory Brennan (Trillick) and so on and so forth

Would agree with those with the exception of Jamie Donnelly. Haven't seen enough of Harvey although he was a good minor.

Cosmic Fool

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 17, 2013, 04:18:45 PM
Ryan Pickering did not get the better of Mark Donnelly. God save us! I am amazed at this statement. Any neutral I am talking to was wondering why Pixie was kept on Donnelly for so long. And yes Carrickmore management told the ref to send someone off to leave space for their forwards! Jesus wept

I have to agree. Pickering was brutal and Donnelly was one of carmens best. Pickering is prob a talented footballer but too small for an important role IMO.

I hear Cookstown are cursing themselves for not doing more in the first cause they 'had' Carmen in the second half. I think this is a little embarrassing as I watched the game and it looked to me that Carmen never came out of 2nd gear cause they didn't need to!

nrico2006

Eoin McCusker from Dromore for the past decade.

Think the question is too open. Delving into the depths of history.

I would like to see people's best 15- non county players- based on what they have seen through the divisions this year- not based on the fact that they are just division 1 players either. People I would consider would be:
Hugh Gallagher (Omagh), Finbar McQuaid (Augher), Niall Gormley (Trillick), Thomas Canavan (Errigal Ciaran Firsts), Enda McGahan (Killyman), Stefan Tierney (Errigal Ciaran Firsts), Richie Donnelly (Trillick), Michael Murphy (Galbally), Joe McCarroll (Eskra), Ryan Mayse (Newtownstewart), Caolan Harvey (Castlederg), Jamie Donnelly (Augher), Danny McNulty (Clonoe), Rory Brennan (Trillick) and so on and so forth

Ronan Lafferty, John McLaughlin, Eoin McCusker.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bluenosebandit

Quote from: Cosmic Fool on September 18, 2013, 12:01:11 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 17, 2013, 04:18:45 PM

I have to agree. Pickering was brutal and Donnelly was one of carmens best. Pickering is prob a talented footballer but too small for an important role IMO.

I hear Cookstown are cursing themselves for not doing more in the first cause they 'had' Carmen in the second half. I think this is a little embarrassing as I watched the game and it looked to me that Carmen never came out of 2nd gear cause they didn't need to!

I simply meant that i felt donnelly wasnt as much of an attacking threat as i thought he should have been, but point taken, he did pick up a lot of ball in and around midfield to start attacks. Still think that McGurk was the best layer on show.
As for cookstown 'having' carmen in the second half, catch a grip. Carmen were in cruise control, cokstown never looked like getting past their half back line in the second half, never mind scoring too much, a 5 point defeat to carmen in the championship is a bit of a hammering in all fairness, they normally only win by 1 or 2.
Big OZ's save from Brian Mulligan, pretty special!

bluenosebandit

EC Unique

Quote from: Under Lights on September 18, 2013, 08:31:07 AM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on September 17, 2013, 05:43:36 PM

Would agree with those with the exception of Jamie Donnelly. Haven't seen enough of Harvey although he was a good minor.

Have only seen Augher twice this year but Jamie Donnelly seemed to be the focal point of their attack. The first game he was their main scoring threat and then championship seemed to adapt his game to a more playmaking role at number 11. He is up there with the top scorers in the Division.

Caloan Harvey started the year very well- Castlederg themselves starting the year well.

Be hard to line out a team, especially a GK.

Easy... John Devine ;)