Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

As I hinted a few weeks back, it looks that Kevin Niblock has played his last game for Antrim. What a loss he will be.

I make no apology in saying he has consistently been Antrims best performer for more than a decade. His ball winning ability was unreal and I'd say he would have made any team in the country. No one put himself about more than Kevin in a physical sense, contesting and winning balls he had no right to. Sadly some of the many knocks he received has caught up on him.

Hopefully his injuries heal to the extent that he can still enjoy a few years with St Galls.

Thanks for the hundreds of memories in Saffron Nibs. Antrim Legend.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on April 28, 2017, 09:43:32 AM
It's all Saffron Visions fault lol.

I saw and heard all the angles in this story and knew there would be no winners in this, just losers. Once again the Irish News jumped for the big hit on Antrim with a splash across the back pages. Yet another cheap shot.

Frankie Quinn couldn't have done much more than he did but there was a serious overreaction by making the players statement public and I'd say the relationship between the board and the football management team is in tatters going forward. Bar a miracle in a month my guess is that we are probably looking for a new set up.

So I wasn't making it up?

Agree with you Kevin Niblock post, a legend indeed and a gentleman to boot.

country bumpkin

I saw and heard all the angles in this story and knew there would be no winners in this, just losers. Once again the Irish News jumped for the big hit on Antrim with a splash across the back pages. Yet another cheap shot.

Frankie Quinn couldn't have done much more than he did but there was a serious overreaction by making the players statement public and I'd say the relationship between the board and the football management team is in tatters going forward. Bar a miracle in a month my guess is that we are probably looking for a new set up.
Think if indeed you have heard the whole story BS perhaps the source was a tad biased.
New management you think.............the list of applicants is certain to be a long one indeed, but will the new regime be informed that his charges are not to eat red meat on away trips and be easy on the shower caps.
You do know what I mean....... ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 28, 2017, 10:04:56 AM

So I wasn't making it up?

Agree with you Kevin Niblock post, a legend indeed and a gentleman to boot.

No just your mates brother who knew someone on the panel made it up and you posted it here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Would you let your name go forward BS?

Fuzzman

Lads, I've been asking in a few county club threads how bad is the problem with matches being very defensive in your county?
Do most teams play with 2 or more sweepers or is it relatively entertaining and attack minded?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 28, 2017, 03:31:54 PM
Lads, I've been asking in a few county club threads how bad is the problem with matches being very defensive in your county?
Do most teams play with 2 or more sweepers or is it relatively entertaining and attack minded?

I'd say during the league there is a openess to most games, come championship though and that changes completely
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Anybody at the Ballymac Thursday evening......heard it was quite a feisty little gathering.....?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 29, 2017, 08:53:59 AM
Anybody at the Ballymac Thursday evening......heard it was quite a feisty little gathering.....?

I'm sure Pj mates brother half related to the panel member from the 80's will know

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2017, 12:36:46 PM

I'm sure Pj mates brother half related to the panel member from the 80's will know

Haha he will be reminded about this at every opportunity

paddyjohn

What's your problem Darren?  I've not actually spoke to him this week but I'm sure I will be. I'll tell him you were asking for him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 29, 2017, 03:46:22 PM

What's your problem Darren?  I've not actually spoke to him this week but I'm sure I will be. I'll tell him you were asking for him.

Are you annoyed so use my name? Are you aware of the rules?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2017, 04:25:08 PM

Will you give me a black card? Or maybe a red card?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 29, 2017, 04:30:00 PM

Dunces hat !

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2017, 04:34:33 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 29, 2017, 04:30:00 PM

Dunces hat !

Make sure it's saffron n white and I'll be grand mate.