Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 09, 2022, 01:43:16 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 09, 2022, 12:27:43 PM
At least Haaland hasn't ended up at United.

City will be unstoppable with a centre forward of Haalands quality. Liverpool would need to win all their games to stop them.

Only hope is that he doesn't adjust to the league or his injury record gets worse in a more physical league.

Ya wouldn't be wanting his injury issues to get worse ffs! He's an exciting player will be interesting to see are they line up and how Pep will keep everyone happy with the rotation.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 09, 2022, 12:27:43 PM
At least Haaland hasn't ended up at United

City will be unstoppable with a centre forward of Haalands quality. Liverpool would need to win all their games to stop them.

Would have been better for Liverpool if he did. Was never going to happen especially with his dad influencing this move.

blewuporstuffed

I am looking forward to seeing him in the PL, but he has the potential to push city on another level again. Not getting Kane last summer could be a blessing in diguise for them.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

thewobbler

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 10, 2022, 11:52:14 AM
I am looking forward to seeing him in the PL, but he has the potential to push city on another level again. Not getting Kane last summer could be a blessing in diguise for them.

So let's look at this. Someone who can slot seamlessly between the no.8, no.9 and no.10 roles just as Guardiola would like, him having a track record for scoring and creating premier league goals at ratios only Mo Salah of current footballers can equate to, and is a grounded, committed footballer at peak age for a centre forward. Not getting this player is a blessing in disguise? So it makes room for a youngster who is about to become stinking rich, and has no PL experience?

The mind actually boggles at how underrated Kane is.

Armagh18

Quote from: thewobbler on May 10, 2022, 12:08:34 PM

So let's look at this. Someone who can slot seamlessly between the no.8, no.9 and no.10 roles just as Guardiola would like, him having a track record for scoring and creating premier league goals at ratios only Mo Salah of current footballers can equate to, and is a grounded, committed footballer at peak age for a centre forward. Not getting this player is a blessing in disguise? So it makes room for a youngster who is about to become stinking rich, and has no PL experience?

Haaland has the potential to hit or get close to Messi and Ronaldo levels. As good as Kane is Haaland has the potential to be far better.

Milltown Row2

Kane has changed his game from being an out and out striker, whether City are looking for another player to drift from midfield out to the wing and back into the box I don't know, I believe they have plenty of those players that fit that bill. This lad will probably have a different job to what Kane is doing now, in fairness for the price they are getting him and should he improve he'll go for double in 5 years time, so its good business..

People have moaned that City don't have a proper striker, and when the chips are down and when City lose the odd game pundits throw out the same excuse, City haven't a plan b..

He could end up being plan a or plan b who knows and if City didn't buy him a rival would have
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2022, 12:17:06 PM

Haaland has the potential to hit or get close to Messi and Ronaldo levels. As good as Kane is Haaland has the potential to be far better.

And he also has the potential to be a Shevchenko, Mutu, Forlan, Morata, Lukaku, Werner.

It would seem less likely in a city side that will put goals on a plate for him. But the presence of so many Chelsea flops on that list suggests that billionaire owners care little for your potential to the club, should you not hit the ground running with goals.

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on May 10, 2022, 12:23:30 PM

And he also has the potential to be a Shevchenko, Mutu, Forlan, Morata, Lukaku, Werner.

It would seem less likely in a city side that will put goals on a plate for him. But the presence of so many Chelsea flops on that list suggests that billionaire owners care little for your potential to the club, should you not hit the ground running with goals.

£63M for Haaland makes it less of a gamble that £100 odd that Levy was looking for a 30 plus Kane.

Kane would probably score goals anywhere but I think he's missed the boat in terms of a big move unless Newcastle make him their talisman this summer.

Gael85

Would expect Liverpool to boost their goal difference tonight. Aston Villa in holiday mode the last couple months and Stevie G will be auditioning for a future liverpool manager role. Coutinho starting tonight, has been very poor the last few games. Buendia MOTM against Burnley dropped for Coutinho.

Main Street

Quote from: johnnycool on May 10, 2022, 01:13:09 PM

£63M for Haaland makes it less of a gamble that £100 odd that Levy was looking for a 30 plus Kane.

Kane would probably score goals anywhere but I think he's missed the boat in terms of a big move unless Newcastle make him their talisman this summer.
£63M  with ++ + on top,  in memory of Mino.
Add in the salary of £18m p/a similar to De Bruine. How the top football clubs have maneuvered away from Financial Fair Play towards Financial For Play.

NAG1

The selling point of the move to Haaland was that City wouldnt stand in the way of his next move to RM or Barca.

I think that points to City's place in world football may be no bad thing that they recognise this but it still is a bit mad.

Oil money isnt everything it seems.

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on May 11, 2022, 08:39:06 AM
The selling point of the move to Haaland was that City wouldnt stand in the way of his next move to RM or Barca.

I think that points to City's place in world football may be no bad thing that they recognise this but it still is a bit mad.

Oil money isnt everything it seems.
Pep maybe has eyes on taking over Barca again and taking Haaland with him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnnycool

Quote from: Main Street on May 10, 2022, 08:00:15 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 10, 2022, 01:13:09 PM

£63M  with ++ + on top,  in memory of Mino.
Add in the salary of £18m p/a similar to De Bruine. How the top football clubs have maneuvered away from Financial Fair Play towards Financial For Play.

And Harry Kane wasn't getting a salary if he'd signed?

nrico2006

Kane doesn't score enough goals anymore.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

manfromdelmonte