RIP Neil Armstrong

Started by JimStynes, August 26, 2012, 03:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

I think he deserves a thread of his own rather than the death notice thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMINSD7MmT4

A true legend along with the other apollo members. One of the few that will be talked about in 100s of years.

trileacman

Meh . . . You wouldn't have found him at the top of Croagh Patrick.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Poor show ziggy. That caption is not funny in any circumstances.

Hardy

Windmill abu

For all of you who believed the conspiracy theory

future generations will regard you with the same disdain as those who mocked Columbus

The greatest ever explorer has died may he rest in peace
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Canalman

An absolute legend. Cannot but be in awe of  the bravery involved for the two of them in actually landing on the moon and knowing  full well that there was a very high chance they would never get off it. Balls of steel.

Some legacy to leave behind .

Orior

Quote from: Windmill abu on August 26, 2012, 09:01:37 PM

future generations will regard you with the same disdain as those who mocked Columbus

I once watched a programme that said landing the Eagle safely on the moon surface was just about impossible. It sounded like a strong argument, and it showed tests on planet Earth failing miserably.

Would you jump out of an aeroplace from 1000 feet with a machine that blasts air out its bottom? i.e. not a balloon and not a parachute.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

haranguerer

Who mocks columbus???

f**king great detective

AbbeySider

Quote from: Canalman on August 26, 2012, 09:22:52 PM
An absolute legend. Cannot but be in awe of  the bravery involved for the two of them in actually landing on the moon and knowing  full well that there was a very high chance they would never get off it. Balls of steel.

+1 to both posts. It was our single greatest achievement as a species, its importance cannot be understated. 

Quote from: Orior on August 26, 2012, 09:40:36 PM
I once watched a programme that said landing the Eagle safely on the moon surface was just about impossible. It sounded like a strong argument, and it showed tests on planet Earth failing miserably.

Would you jump out of an aeroplace from 1000 feet with a machine that blasts air out its bottom? i.e. not a balloon and not a parachute.

I didn't even have to think about that idiotic argument to realise immediately that the moon has no atmosphere so it wouldn't require a parachute or any ther apparatus to qualify a safe landing when compared to Mars or Earth which you mentioned. It sounds like an argument Jim Corr would put up. So stupid. 

BennyCake

RIP Neil Armstrong.

He was never on any moon though.

ONeill

Do some people really believe it didn't happen?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 26, 2012, 10:34:52 PM

Quote from: Canalman on August 26, 2012, 09:22:52 PM
An absolute legend. Cannot but be in awe of  the bravery involved for the two of them in actually landing on the moon and knowing  full well that there was a very high chance they would never get off it. Balls of steel.

+1 to both posts. It was our single greatest achievement as a species, its importance cannot be understated.

Quote from: Orior on August 26, 2012, 09:40:36 PM

I didn't even have to think about that idiotic argument to realise immediately that the moon has no atmosphere so it wouldn't require a parachute or any ther apparatus to qualify a safe landing when compared to Mars or Earth which you mentioned. It sounds like an argument Jim Corr would put up. So stupid.

The smaller gravitational pull also made it easier than on Earth.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2012, 10:39:07 PM
Do some people really believe it didn't happen?

I'm 100% certain it didn't happen.