Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

A thread especially for TheBigDog and southtyronegael (and anyone else interested). Knock yourselves out here lads, and maybe let the other thread be about football. No offence but the pair of you would absolutely sicken one's shite. Ye have the other thread absolutely ruined with childish insults and rumour mongering about individuals in Garvaghey.

So any chance all the bitching and yapping about cartels and fuhrers etc could take place in here instead? For what it's worth - I have no issue with anybody talking about matters related to the county board/management etc and wouldn't necessarily be a fan of a lot of what goes on in Garvaghey - but references to Mickey Harte as 'Furher' etc are beyond just childish, but should be regarded by anyone with a half a braincell in their head, as totally unacceptable.

And no harm lads, but yis have had an absolutely poisonous impact on the thread for other reasons. The constant bitching about Harte etc has led to a broadening of targets to the extent that others are being totally unfairly attacked. I'm thinking in particular of Teamtalk, who provide a service - free of charge - to Tyrone Gaels that is the envy of every county in Ireland. And this attack initiated by one individual in particular who despite telling us all of how Tyrone football 'is his life', didn't even know that the Teamtalk Awards were all about honouring club players - yet he still felt qualified to anonymously attack the organisers. And of course the other target in recent days - Kieran Kennedy of O'Neills - who has been roundly attacked for having the temerity to appear in a photos of jersey sponsorship announcement when his company made the jerseys and sponsors vast sums to Tyrone at county and club level; and for having the temerity to wish have Tyrone jerseys on sale before Christmas (no doubt if they appeared in Jan or Feb - the same toerags would be on here spouting about them not being made available in time for Christmas), and this without a shred of evidence that he had any say whatsoever in the timing of the sponsorship deal. Kennedy has been torn to shreds and portrayed as some sort of greedy fat cat, when in reality, he is generous to a fault to the GAA in Tyrone.

So when the poisonous atmosphere that is polluting the thread, and men like Noel McGinn & the Teamtalk crew, and men like Kieran Kennedy are seen as free reign to take swipes at by posters who hide behind anonymity and proclaim themselves as 'heros' who are playing their part by 'not going to matches or buying jerseys', then you have to wonder who's next unfortunate Gael that will find themselves in their firing line.

So here yis go lads. Go mad....here's a thread for all of you that are into that dung. Let those of us who want to talk/read about football, do so in peace over on the other thread.

In hiding

wow, the lone ranger rides to the rescue. Another poster with an agenda.

square_ball

Fair play Snapchat agree 100% with all you say. I doubt these lads will pay attention and continue their nonsense on the other thread.

Fuzzman

A lad tried to do the same thing this year with all the anti Dubs thread but sure it never works as that's where the craic is for these type of posters in the middle of the main threads and not out in their own wee moany thread.

It just comes with the territory and whilst I do take a lot of posters with a pinch of salt I always TRY to read their points in case they do say something interesting the odd time.

I for one and glad to see players like Ricey, Brian McGuigan, Jordan and now Sean though, I do cringe every time he opens his mouth as I think he doesn't think too much of what he should and shouldnt say, I think it's good these lads can be themselves and come onto RTE and speak their mind.
It's one thing having respect for your manager when you play under him but when you retire you should be your own man and speak what you believe in.

I think Harte's attitude to the International rules is a disgrace to be honest as so many players work their a$$ off all year and why should they not be afforded the luxury to play for their country with the best players in the country. Players from less successful counties like Clare, Derry and Limerick can get a chance to shine in the international stage and get a free holiday. It keeps them on board in my eyes.
If a young lad is good enough to go college in Harvard or Oxford and so leaves his homeland then is this not similar.

The Trap

County Board - in crisis as will be seen at AGM - no leadership at present - will potential replacement be any better?
Garvaghy - white elephant - cant keep up with costs
Academies - in crisis - no funding
County Team Management - cant get an U20 manager, senior manager done great in the past but now there far too long and has too much control
County sponsorship - totally mishandled and went from a blue chip company to a small local company
O'Neills and Jerseys - a mess, ask Lakeland Leisure or Begley for example
Teamtalk - yes do a great job but daren't bite the hand that feeds them so don't even write a report if Tyrone are beaten!

So snapchat you may think everything is rosy in the garden........

redhandefender

Quote from: The Trap on November 28, 2017, 02:18:39 PM
County Board - in crisis as will be seen at AGM - no leadership at present - will potential replacement be any better?
County Team Management - cant get an U20 manager, senior manager done great in the past but now there far too long and has too much control
County sponsorship - totally mishandled and went from a blue chip company to a small local company
Teamtalk - yes do a great job but daren't bite the hand that feeds them so don't even write a report if Tyrone are beaten!

Rubbish, most of it.

County Board has handled a few things awfully and could do with a complete change up thought don't know why anyone would want to do it!

Garvaghy - is paying for itself, where do you get this rubbish from?
Academies - Are fine as well, they have actually cost less than expected due to coaches not taking expenses
Under 20 managers - 3 are in for it? Again, where does the nonsense that nobody wants it come from
County sponsorship, awfully handed and that must fall to the county board. you can not behave like that especially to a commercial entity will have burnt some bridges for future sponsorship
O'neills aren't to blame here, looks like they had a entire new line of mc aleer and rushe stuff out as well so I imagi9ne they will lose out to
Teamtalk - Complete ballicks

You sound like some drama queen. Big divide in the county at the minute and people like you don't help

The Trap

Redhanddefender so the county is divided. Along what lines would you say?
I don't think the garvaghy or academy things are rubbish by the way . Lots of things wrong there. Look into it for yourself......

Who are the 3 in for u20s?

I feel the divide is between those who have rose tinted glasses and can see no wrong like yourself and people like me who can see that there are things wrong and would love to see them fixed.

redhandefender

I see plenty of wrong but it will never be perfect. Its a volunteer organisation so you have been trying to run something which has become like a business who don't have any experience in doing so.

Also a lot of strong personalities clashing and smart people who know how to manipulate. Its the same in every club that can creep in.

You are talking crap about garavghey and acadimies though. I don't need to do any more research I know it. The u 17s won the AI last year.

Larry Strain, Paul Rouse and last years minor management are in for it. Stop making stuff up you muppet.

club v County split is getting wider and I think the majority of the blame lays with the county board and them being incompetent. But stop trying to make it sound worse than it is with your tin hat on

The Trap

Muppet is it. There are none so blind as those that cannot see and I will not call you any names.

Snapchap

I didn't say everything is rosey in the garden, and in fact stated in my opening post that I'm not a fan of a lot of the goings on in Garvaghey. My problem was with the constant bitching in the other thread that is really growing wearisome. Lads who complain about Harte having too much influence ironically are intent in making that thread all about about Harte, and only take time off from that task to anonymously run down gaels like those behind Teamtalk, and men like Kieran Kennedy.

If you do want my pennys worth on the above heading, then here goes:

County Board - Not amused for the most part, though a noticeable improvement in club fixtures this year. Still a long way off perfect, but credit where it's due on one of the most difficult tasks anyone could be landed with.
Garvaghy - Not exactly a white elephant, but it is not paying for itself - clubs are having to cough up even more next year to cover the bills and they are being given no say in this whatsoever. It's a great facility but in the wrong place, made into a 't' shape which I assume led to both unnecessary expense and restictions on what could be fitted inside, and is poorly managed in that clubs find it close to impossible to get hiring it's pitches, despite them annually paying contributions for the place.
Academies - On the one hand, they are probably a necessary evil if we want to succeed at county level but on the whole, I'm not a fan. Clubs getting shafted in losing so much access to their own best players - any their idea of lads being told to wear their club colours to academy training as some sort of 'gesture' to the clubs is laughably condescending.
County Team Management - Agreed on Harte - great record but there too long and holds too much influence over the county board. While I absolutely and totally despise RTÉ and those that run it, the boycott is only giving them free reign to attack the county and is totally unfair on sponsors. Can't help but feel Harte should show forgiveness and put it behind him.
County sponsorship - Like I'm guessing most on here - I'm only aware of rumours as to how/why this new arrangement came about. I'm not going to blindly accept the rumours as true and anonymously lambast people over it. Kudos to McAleer & Rushe and best of luck to Tyrone Fabrications.
O'Neill and jerseys - No issue whatsoever. O'Neills have been generous sponsors to Tyrone at club and county level for many years and the firm is a major employer in the county. Their success is in the interest of Tyrone GAA.
Teamtalk - An absolutely outstanding resource run solely by volunteers. Almost nauseating to think that people could find reason to anonymously attack the lads online. They have been accused of not showing balance - two things there - anyone that listens to their podcasts will always hear balanced debate. And secondly, if they find it isn't balanced enough then sorry, but boo hoo. Go read some other reports. It is a free service, and it's funded by your tax dollars. They can take whatever viewpoint they feel like.

Club boi

Quote from: Snapchap on November 28, 2017, 04:41:42 PM

I didn't say everything is rosey in the garden, and in fact stated in my opening post that I'm not a fan of a lot of the goings on in Garvaghey. My problem was with the constant bitching in the other thread that is really growing wearisome. Lads who complain about Harte having too much influence ironically are intent in making that thread all about about Harte, and only take time off from that task to anonymously run down gaels like those behind Teamtalk, and men like Kieran Kennedy.

If you do want my pennys worth on the above heading, then here goes:

County Board - Not amused for the most part, though a noticeable improvement in club fixtures this year. Still a long way off perfect, but credit where it's due on one of the most difficult tasks anyone could be landed with.
Garvaghy - Not exactly a white elephant, but it is not paying for itself - clubs are having to cough up even more next year to cover the bills and they are being given no say in this whatsoever. It's a great facility but in the wrong place, made into a 't' shape which I assume led to both unnecessary expense and restictions on what could be fitted inside, and is poorly managed in that clubs find it close to impossible to get hiring it's pitches, despite them annually paying contributions for the place.
Academies - On the one hand, they are probably a necessary evil if we want to succeed at county level but on the whole, I'm not a fan. Clubs getting shafted in losing so much access to their own best players - any their idea of lads being told to wear their club colours to academy training as some sort of 'gesture' to the clubs is laughably condescending.
County Team Management - Agreed on Harte - great record but there too long and holds too much influence over the county board. While I absolutely and totally despise RTÉ and those that run it, the boycott is only giving them free reign to attack the county and is totally unfair on sponsors. Can't help but feel Harte should show forgiveness and put it behind him.
County sponsorship - Like I'm guessing most on here - I'm only aware of rumours as to how/why this new arrangement came about. I'm not going to blindly accept the rumours as true and anonymously lambast people over it. Kudos to McAleer & Rushe and best of luck to Tyrone Fabrications.
O'Neill and jerseys - No issue whatsoever. O'Neills have been generous sponsors to Tyrone at club and county level for many years and the firm is a major employer in the county. Their success is in the interest of Tyrone GAA.
Teamtalk - An absolutely outstanding resource run solely by volunteers. Almost nauseating to think that people could find reason to anonymously attack the lads online. They have been accused of not showing balance - two things there - anyone that listens to their podcasts will always hear balanced debate. And secondly, if they find it isn't balanced enough then sorry, but boo hoo. Go read some other reports. It is a free service, and it's funded by your tax dollars. They can take whatever viewpoint they feel like.

Snapchat 100% spot here. Fully agree

The Trap

That's all fine Snapchat, your opinions are fairly balanced and accepted. And the thread you started is a good place to discuss all of this. I agree that a couple of posters have taken things too far in other page. But there are also some people whole too far the other way! Hopefully have a more balanced debate here. Good man 

tothetop03

Why should the Clubs have to pay for Garvaghy?

longballin

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 28, 2017, 05:37:07 PM

they dont have to... they can refuse.

Snapchap

Quote from: longballin on November 28, 2017, 09:52:06 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on November 28, 2017, 05:37:07 PM

they dont have to... they can refuse.

No they can't.

Well...they can...but they will be hit with a fine. All clubs from here on are to be allocated draw tickets to sell for the garvaghey fund. Any clubs that don't sell their tickets are to be hit with a substantial fine. It is absokute bullshit.