American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 24, 2017, 06:01:13 PM
Quote from: stew on September 24, 2017, 05:54:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 24, 2017, 12:40:11 PM
You'll see a dramatic increase in the kneeling now.

Well done Trump. Shame you can't be so emphatic when it comes to white supremacists.

Give over snowflake, he called them out, he just refused to only condemn the white supremacists  scumbags, he blamed the snowflakes and their antifa cronies as well.
stupid mistake calling a player a so of a bitch though .not very presidential  btw I'm not a fan of kapernick or kneeling

Makes him look "tough" to a certain segment, I guess.

stew

Quote from: J70 on September 24, 2017, 06:09:19 PM

Well done Trump. Shame you can't be so emphatic when it comes to white supremacists.

Give over snowflake, he called them out, he just refused to only condemn the white supremacists  scumbags, he blamed the snowflakes and their antifa cronies as well.

"Snowflake"?? You're such a f**king idiot stew. Do you ever have an original thought?

As has been pointed out to you multiple times before, Trump is extremely quick off the mark when it comes to condemning anything that lines up with his anti-muslim, pro-christian rhetoric, but slow as f**k when it comes to anything else, especially violence against muslims.

And specifically on the Charlesville issue, he could easily have condemned the violence on all sides, while at the same time correctly singling out the indefensible hate and ideology of the alt-right. He didn't do that. (And you agreed with a post of mine to that effect at the time, in case you've forgotten).

And one wonders why you (who supposedly despises Trump yet repeatedly jumps to his defense here) would label someone who was there to oppose "white supremacist scumbags" as a "snowflake"?

You are too easy kid, I knew you would blow up, what sickens my shite every bit as much as the hateful far right, is the far left antifa c***ts and their white supporters, their behaviour is equally disgusting and that is why Trump responded the way he did, he should have named and shamed them all originally but he didn't, the snowflakes are so weak between the ears they don't get the fact antifa are as horrible as the very scum they are protesting against?

I think Trump is acting the **** with Rocketman and we are in very dangerous waters at the moment in that dark part of the world, personally I think you snowflakes should be going apoplectic over his performance on NK, bleating about his response to something he condemned over a month ago pales in comparison a tad, don't you think?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on September 24, 2017, 06:24:59 PM

"Snowflake"?? You're such a f**king idiot stew. Do you ever have an original thought?

As has been pointed out to you multiple times before, Trump is extremely quick off the mark when it comes to condemning anything that lines up with his anti-muslim, pro-christian rhetoric, but slow as f**k when it comes to anything else, especially violence against muslims.

And specifically on the Charlesville issue, he could easily have condemned the violence on all sides, while at the same time correctly singling out the indefensible hate and ideology of the alt-right. He didn't do that. (And you agreed with a post of mine to that effect at the time, in case you've forgotten).

And one wonders why you (who supposedly despises Trump yet repeatedly jumps to his defense here) would label someone who was there to oppose "white supremacist scumbags" as a "snowflake"?

You are too easy kid, I knew you would blow up, what sickens my shite every bit as much as the hateful far right, is the far left antifa c***ts and their white supporters, their behaviour is equally disgusting and that is why Trump responded the way he did, he should have named and shamed them all originally but he didn't, the snowflakes are so weak between the ears they don't get the fact antifa are as horrible as the very scum they are protesting against?

I think Trump is acting the **** with Rocketman and we are in very dangerous waters at the moment in that dark part of the world, personally I think you snowflakes should be going apoplectic over his performance on NK, bleating about his response to something he condemned over a month ago pales in comparison a tad, don't you think?

Er no, antifa are NOT as horrible as what they're protesting against.

ANTI-FASCISM stew. Protesting against WHITE SUPREMACISTS and the FAR RIGHT.

Yes, their tactics leave a lot to be desired and should be met with the full force of the law.

As for the "snowflake" stuff, if you had something substantial or serious to contribute, you wouldn't have to resort to the cliched name calling. More fool me for responding and expecting a thoughtful response. Carry on.

stew

Quote from: J70 on September 24, 2017, 06:40:26 PM

Yes, their tactics leave a lot to be desired and should be met with the full force of the law.

As for the "snowflake" stuff, if you had something substantial or serious to contribute, you wouldn't have to resort to the cliched name calling. More fool me for responding and expecting a thoughtful response. Carry on.

They are every bit as horrible 70, anti fascists my hole, they are left wing haters who want to hurt those who would oppose them, the snowflakes cannot and do not listen to people with views different from their own, anyone caught hitting people at public events like these should be met with the full force of the law, antifa are scum you apologist and you know it!

Cunny Funt

The gobshite Trump still thinks he on the apprentice with his you're fired comments and to think some thought America would never see a bigger clown of a president than George W. Bush.

J70

Quote from: stew on September 24, 2017, 06:56:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 24, 2017, 06:40:26 PM

They are every bit as horrible 70, anti fascists my hole, they are left wing haters who want to hurt those who would oppose them, the snowflakes cannot and do not listen to people with views different from their own, anyone caught hitting people at public events like these should be met with the full force of the law, antifa are scum you apologist and you know it!

You apparently don't get the distinction between ideology and tactics, do you?

One can oppose racism, white supremacy, wanton environmental destruction and so on, which are correct, fully enlightened positions, and go about it the completely wrong way, through bullying and violence against people and property and worse.

Yes, some of these people come from an anarchistic background, which is idiotic, but the key objection/cpncern is their tactics (no one is worried about anarchists attaining levels of influence of any significance in any aspect of American life).

Hence, Trump would have been correct in condemning violent acts and seeking full legal accountability.

The alt-right, on the other hand, are all about an ideology which seeks to place themselves and their culture above other races and groups. There is simply no equivalency between the two sides in terms of ideology.

IF you want to make the case, knock yourself out.

TabClear

just seen one of the most unbelievable f**k ups I've ever seen on a sports field! Chicago :-\ :-\ :-\

Capt Pat

The vikings are back to winning ways against the Buccaneers. 34-17

The Bears beat the Steelers. The Bills beat the Broncos. The jets beat the Dolphins  and the Saints beat the Panthers. All were upsets on a strange day for NFL results

gawa316

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 24, 2017, 11:31:46 PM
The vikings are back to winning ways against the Buccaneers. 34-17

The Bears beat the Steelers. The Bills beat the Broncos. The jets beat the Dolphins  and the Saints beat the Panthers. All were upsets on a strange day for NFL results

And the Red Skins absolutely dominate the Raiders from start to finish...score doesn't do it justice.

magpie seanie

Stew - your comments which tally with Trumps "all sides" bullshit are very disappointing. Well done to the NFL players for taking their stance. They're not disrespecting their flag or their country - they're making a respectful gesture to highlight blatant inequality and racism that goes, clearly, right to the Oval office. They want America to be better for all. Not just for rich white people. Well done to the owners especially Kraft and Mark Murphy (the two I read) for standing by the players.

Enjoyed the booing at Lambeau last night. Hoping they'll get to do a whole lot more on Thursday night.

AZOffaly

Quote from: TabClear on September 24, 2017, 07:38:20 PM
just seen one of the most unbelievable f**k ups I've ever seen on a sports field! Chicago :-\ :-\ :-\

He's a lucky boy that the Bears went on to win. Hard to forgive something like that.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 25, 2017, 08:44:15 AM
Stew - your comments which tally with Trumps "all sides" bullshit are very disappointing. Well done to the NFL players for taking their stance. They're not disrespecting their flag or their country - they're making a respectful gesture to highlight blatant inequality and racism that goes, clearly, right to the Oval office. They want America to be better for all. Not just for rich white people. Well done to the owners especially Kraft and Mark Murphy (the two I read) for standing by the players.

Enjoyed the booing at Lambeau last night. Hoping they'll get to do a whole lot more on Thursday night.

All sides bullshit my hole Seanie, antifa scum dressed to fight and brought weapons to a Klan rally, they wanted a fight as did the clan scumbags, I see no difference in their behaviour, they are all breaking the law.

The left in American is hitting new lows, if that were possible, they refuse to listen to an alternate view and that is dangerous, if you are not against Trump you are a racist. if yuou are against Trump and oppose the left you are a racist, the biggest racists of the lot, ( KKK Aside) are Antifa and the far left.

Trump should have named All warring parties as the problem, instead he threw them all in together under a generic blanket of responsibility, that was amended after he was told to be more specific, he did that, he condemned all violence and hatred in his initial speech on the day the KKK/Antifa riot happened but that was not enough for the snowflakes! Why you ask? Because the liberal media told them it was not enough! That's why!

HiMucker

Stew its not enough because its too little too late.  Trump knows this, and the statements of "all sides" are deliberate.  Every time he does this it emboldens the alt-right.  If you cant understand that then frankly you don't know your arse from your elbow.

stew

Quote from: HiMucker on September 25, 2017, 11:52:19 AM
Stew its not enough because its too little too late.  Trump knows this, and the statements of "all sides" are deliberate.  Every time he does this it emboldens the alt-right.  If you cant understand that then frankly you don't know your arse from your elbow.

So by your rationale the man condemns all parties but should have pointed out the KKK's responsibility and should have ignored antifa and their snowflake minnions because the alt right get emboldened! I that it?

What about the alt left mucker, what about embolding them? What about their culpability???

You don't know your arse from your elbow if you let your bias lead you by the nose, you see on infractions from the so called alt right, I see them from both right and left, tell me who is right and who is wrong???

Evil is evil regardless of left or right, in your blind arrogance you lefties on here see the alt right as worse than the alt left! They are not, they are as bad as each other.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on September 25, 2017, 11:07:11 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 25, 2017, 08:44:15 AM

All sides bullshit my hole Seanie, antifa scum dressed to fight and brought weapons to a Klan rally, they wanted a fight as did the clan scumbags, I see no difference in their behaviour, they are all breaking the law.

The left in American is hitting new lows, if that were possible, they refuse to listen to an alternate view and that is dangerous, if you are not against Trump you are a racist. if yuou are against Trump and oppose the left you are a racist, the biggest racists of the lot, ( KKK Aside) are Antifa and the far left.

Trump should have named All warring parties as the problem, instead he threw them all in together under a generic blanket of responsibility, that was amended after he was told to be more specific, he did that, he condemned all violence and hatred in his initial speech on the day the KKK/Antifa riot happened but that was not enough for the snowflakes! Why you ask? Because the liberal media told them it was not enough! That's why!

Stew - this bit in bold is just undeniably gibberish. What race do these so called racists wish to destroy or discriminate against?

The rest is typical of the whataboutery that Trump ridiculously invents and even gets away with in some quarters. It's like saying that someone who hits someone after extreme provocation is the same as someone who has killed hundreds of people. There simply would be no Antifa if there was no KKK or Alt-Right white supremacists.

Also - if you do not believe Trump is emboldening these fascists you either have your head in the sand or you've a poor memory. Being from where you're from should have taught you that.