The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Croatia *should* beat England, mind you they don't look like the most reliable types
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on July 07, 2018, 09:59:21 PM
Croatia *should* beat England, mind you they don't look like the most reliable types
England had it easy today and should be much fresher.
Could be another penalty shootout.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

Croatia's midfield is much superior to England. But England's defence is better than Croatia's, and Harry Kane is better than all Croatia's forward combined.

So on balance I don't think there is favourite here. Paddy has England had favs, but bithe teams are odds against, which means there's no real favourite.

Milltown Row2

Should be a cracking game, different styles with plenty opportunities for both teams to score.. could be a 3-3 game!

I'll be cheering on Croatia as we'll be on holiday in Trogir (Croatia) would imagine the place will bouncing come Wednesday!

I've actually liked the England team and manager, but won't be supporting them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

I've never been to Croatia, but I have had many enjoyable trips to England, so I'll be firmly behind the British Islesian boys.

passedit

Quote from: charlieTully on July 07, 2018, 09:42:02 PM
Any cnut supporting England deserves lined up at a wall and shot in the head. Twice. f**k it bring it home.

Reverend

QuoteFrankie Boyle
@frankieboyle
Any Belgian players watching this must feel like Fred Astaire watching a guy in a neck brace fall down an escalator
Don't Panic

Wildweasel74

Ah g youse are sore on England! Me i rather see them get to the final! Country goes nuts! England leading and Belgium/ france score goals at the bitter end@ there never a bigger reality check when u see the glory but just cant bring it home! Thats the ones which hurt the most; just ask Mayo

Boycey

Quote from: thewobbler on July 07, 2018, 10:09:00 PM

Croatia's midfield is much superior to England. But England's defence is better than Croatia's, and Harry Kane is better than all Croatia's forward combined.

So on balance I don't think there is favourite here. Paddy has England had favs, but bithe teams are odds against, which means there's no real favourite.

They think England are roughly twice as likely to make the final as Croatia

michaelg

Is Kevin Kilbane now English again?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on July 07, 2018, 09:55:30 PM
Enjoyable that, glad Croatia won, if only to see Modric again he's a joy to watch..

Wonder if Putin will let all the mad hoolies out of the big forest he's been keeping them in now  :)
Fingers crossed.

nrico2006

Quote from: tintin25 on July 07, 2018, 05:55:46 PM
Don't see the issue with anyone following England.  Yes, their fans and media go on abit but if it was NI or ROI the same thing would happen!  Seem to remember a few people thinking that ROI would have near won the World Cup had they beat Spain in 2002!

Well said. People giving off about Englands wins so far etc but the country goes mad if Ireland beat anybody.

Harry Kane isn't the player for England that he is for Spurs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Any cnut supporting England deserves lined up at a wall and shot in the head. Twice. f**k it bring it home.

What a really sad post.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on July 07, 2018, 04:50:54 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 07, 2018, 04:20:36 PM
England have best keeper in the competition... he's their main man not Kane
Made a few nice saves today alright. Might get a move to a big club after the tournament.

GOAT

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: gallsman on July 08, 2018, 06:14:23 AM

What a really sad post.
I thought it was quite funny to be honest. I'm not convinced it should all be taken literally
Careful now

Syferus

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 08, 2018, 07:16:33 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 08, 2018, 06:14:23 AM

What a really sad post.
I thought it was quite funny to be honest. I'm not convinced it should all be taken literally

Your sense of humour is well known for being terrible.